Spectrum Resource Group Employee Reviews

Great experience.
Camp Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 November 2019
We were placed at several different camps around B.C. during the planting season. Our crew was put on shift work, where we slept for a few hours in between. It was fast-paced, and demanding, but very rewarding. Would I apply for a camp cook position with this company again? Yes.
General disreguard for workers. Dead end job.
Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 June 2018
There's a general disregard for the workers. They routinely overload trucks with water tanks too big for capacity. The trucks and logs books are passed around and the log books are usually full of mistakes. The log books are routinely faked to cover for the long hours worked. When your pulled over by department of transport, it's ALL on you. There's NEVER enough rubber gloves for the chemical trailers. The pesticide label stating the personal protective equipment has never been followed correctly. For example not a single worker wears the appropriate filtration mask when applying pesticides in a broadcast spray. The eye wash stations in the chemical trailer are either non existent, empty or broken. There's no proper wash station what so ever.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Unsafe, long hours handling dangerous goods, no future.
Great for Early 20 somethings
Tree Planter (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 June 2018
A typical day at Spectrum involves waking up, making sure the tent and belonging are secured, Grabbing a spot for my phone to charge, Eating breakfast, heading to the truck, heading to the plot, planting alone for 8-10 hours, coming back to campsite, hanging out until bed. Repeat.
Pros
Energy, Outdoor life, Earning Potential
Cons
Solitude, Bugs, Long game
cold
Tree Planter (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 May 2017
be prepared to rub up with the roughest parts of your mind if you wish to choose the path of the tree planter. It takes a well disciplined mind to deal with the high stress of working on the block.
Pros
good people
Cons
the bugs
good herd work
Labourer (Seasonal) brush saw (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 November 2015
my job was good in everyway but it was a short term job
the bruch saw was a good work ex .i still wont to work for them
herd part of the job was going up hills
Pros
Cons
yes long hours everyday
Work camp in Northern BC
Tree Planter (Former Employee) –  Prince George, British Columbia23 June 2015
Working for Spectrum Resource Group gave me valuable work and life experience. A day at work would consist of waking up at 5:30am for breakfast and making lunches and leaving the camp around 6:30 to 7am to get to the planting block the crew would work on. You would work straight for 10-12 hours taking minimal breaks in order to plant as many trees as possible. All of my co-workers were wonderful people and reached across a broad demographic. Management on the hole was a little loose, due to the fact that we were out in the bush and there was little communication with the actual company when we were at camp. The bugs, rain, heat, and terrain made the job very difficult on body and mind every single day. However, the people you work with and spend time at the camp with made it all possible.
Pros
Good money, good people
Cons
Very dangerous work, long hours
positive social environment
Tree Planter (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 February 2014
An exciting experience of working hard outside with a dynamic team of people.
productive
Aerial Layout (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC9 December 2013
Hard work
fair pay
good people
rewarding
lots of opportunity
accomodation sometimes
small number of employees with a family feel
Invasive Plant Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2013
I learned even more about identifying invasive weeds that the area around where I live back in AB does not have yet. We would travel to the specified location in our folders and handheld GPS and survey the areas for any prohibited or noxious weeds and use a control technique if needed. I loved being outdoors and experiencing a different environment and vegetation types. Worst part was having to work in the paper mills with the smell that made you nauseous. That was probably the hardest part as I wasn't use to the smell like my co-workers.
Pros
working outside
Cons
pulp and paper mills