Spectrum Patient Services
Coronavirus update

Spectrum Patient Services Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative11 reviews
Canada11 reviews
I've got nothing to say for future employees. Job is moving out of Hamilton . Mind your p's and q's. Big brother is always watching . Do your job and keep your head down
Keep away. This company allows the dispatcher to abuse the MTA and blame MTA for everything. Management is a complete Joke. Different strokes for different folks. They play favouritism. Ambulances keep breaking down because of poor service lies.
The company create some activities that are off the job to make people relax. This include sponsoring some staff to watch sport games. Some activities are also performed in the office which include eating lunch together in the office.
I used to love working there and then it was like fireworks going off in the 1st year I saw over 45 people just fired- walked off the floor - no quietness about it. Everyone knew the day someone was being let go and everyone is on edge wondering if it would be them,
There is a new management team in place and i have to say the changes they have made are moving the company in a positive direction.

There is more work to be done but from what I see its all good.

My work is valued and makes a difference in people's lives.

Come check it out !!
Pros
Good management. Great people. A chance to make a difference.
Cons
Still some negative people around
I worked here for just over a month (started Dec 10, 2018) . In your contract they say that you get 4-6 weeks training... nope you get 1 week if that in class then you are thrown out on the floor by yourself. If you make a mistake you get screamed at. If you work 8 hrs you ONLY get 30 min break (smoke breaks are included in that 30 mins). The office manager and staff are so nasty and gossip about everyone. You will get told one thing and then get in trouble for doing it that way. It is so unorganized and unethical there. WORST place I’ve ever worked and I personally would not use the services provided by their company as I know first hand that the crews really don’t give a flying monkeys about their patients they are transferring. They will have a call booked at 1:00 for example and at 1:20 they still aren’t at the hospital and they decide they need to take a half hour break at timmies. If I could give it negative stars I would. Today January 24, 2019 I walked out of the office mid shift and quit. Have fun spectrum your going down hill very quickly
Cons
If there was ever an organization that helped contribute to poor patient outcomes and deeply flawed employee morale then you have Spectrum Patient Services in a nutshell.
In a short period of time with this company I was witness to a complete lack of organizational awareness around patient privacy, credit card privacy, human resource practices, basic management structure, emergency logistics, leadership and business ethics. It only took a few days to realize that this company was dishonest and treated its customers and employees with complete disrespect and contempt. Intimidation and incompetence seem to be the underlying management methods that keep customers in the dark and employees in a constant state of fear.

Front-line employees come to this employer with the best of intentions but are quickly subsumed by the gross incompetence of mid-level and senior management. In a short period of time I saw many front-line employees scarred by their experiences with management and the lack of organizational structure, training and operational policies. How is possible to run a dispatch/logistics centre in Hamilton without policies and procedures? How is it possible to have patient histories and credit card numbers randomly floating around without any lockdown procedures? How is it possible to operate a patient transfer service when dispatchers have no clue how to communicate with the fleet? How is it possible to run an organization that does not train staff on basic health care privacy methods? I could go on....

If you are considering a job at Spectrum Patient Services please
 - more...
Cons
Far too many to list...just read the review
The office is the most unprofessional work environment I have ever had the displeasure of being in. The employees are seen as replaceable - they are not seen as assets. There is a constant underlying fear that you could be fired at any moment and seemingly without warning. I have never worked for a company that does not try to retrain before firing someone. There is lots of opportunity for advancement because the turnover is so high.

There is a stark lack of resources to assist employees when they have questions. The policies and procedures are non existent and when they decide to enforce a new policy, its enforced with constant threat of discipline before being forgotten about a week later

The hospitals they are contracted to are lied to consistently.

The overall office climate has an "Every man for himself" mentality. Management does not foster a "Team" environment. They encourage you to leave notes in the call to "cover yourself" so you dont get in trouble. They never encourage you to assist your team mates.

The current dispatch manager is a bully and believes that she is untouchable. She will consistently talk down to people as well as say terrible things behind their backs. She will stand in the middle of the dispatch floor and gossip about other employees and does not care who is around and who can hear her running her mouth. If you attempt to report any of this behaviour to HR or other management, nothing is done about it and employees are redirected to the problem person to attempt to resolve it on their own.

I cannot stress this enough; SPECTRUM DOES
 - more...
Pros
Sometimes there's pizza
Cons
Most times there's tears
Worst place I have ever worked. Don't know what was worse the terrible management, the abuse over the phone or the HELP you receive from payroll & HR when something's wrong. Terrible company. Will be telling others to stay far away.
Do NOT work here if you enjoy your sanity. Management is terrible, and completely clueless, they ask you what your concerns are, and what needs to be changed, but they do not listen.

Its very cliquey, everyone behaves as if they are in highschool, with the dispatch manager being the worst of the bunch.

There is no sense of organization. I regret staying here for as long as I did, it is the WORST job I have ever worked.

You are paid the absolute bare minimum for a job that you should be paid at least $20-$25/ hr. You are expected to do your job, as well as management's. $14.50/hr is not worth the amount of stress you have to deal with day to day.

I could go on and on about how terrible this place is but its not worth it.
Cons
You're going to be paid minimum wage for a job that puts an excessive amount of stress on you. It's really not worth it. It's nice to know that you're providing an important service to patients, and you absolutely can move up and advance with the company, but you still don't get paid much more for it... It's just not worth it for the money they offer
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
stressful, poor management, poor scheduling, low pay