Spectrum Health Care

Spectrum Health Care Management reviews

Canada104 reviews
Featured review
Spectrum Health Care selected this as a representative review
I feel I am a part of a collaborative environment where no idea is a bad idea. I value my coworkers and enjoy the work environment that I work in. The committees that I am a part of really want to make sure that the voices of all employees are heard.
A lot of politics and unprofessionalism. Repetitive task and you're not able to grow, in the same position forever. Ver stressful environment and you are always being pressure by management.
The company treats their employees as if they do not matter. You are just a number and can be replaced. Almost every manager I came across was hostile.
Was very disillusioned. Corporate healthcare. Community changed when buyout happened. Focus changed. Work pressure and job insecurity with new company.
My job was so flexible. I could report anytime I want. Our DOC was approachable, hard-working and very down to earth. I loved her management style. The hard part, there was a workplace culture that was dominant. They formed a group with the same culture and dialect. Most of the people are enjoyable to deal with. Most staff and residents are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff and residents
Cons
Long hours of work.
No management support for field staff. No administrative support as supervisors are not welcome to work in the main office at all. The less management hears from the workers, the better off you'll be.
Puts the 'ick' in toxic work environments.
Good job if you love working with people. Stressful but rewarding. Flexible work hours and environment. A lot of responsibility and case management roles
The very first company that gave me an experienced and trust as a Personal Support Worker.
Management is good. Client coordinators are easy to talk to and flexible.
The hardest part of my job is when I had to go from one client to another especially on winter time because I don't drive.
Pros
Flexible hours/schedule
I have been working for this company for over 3 years now, but will definitely be resigning the moment I get a job offer from anywhere else. It is a good place to start off, and get your experience in terms of nursing skills, but that’s about it. Management sucks. Managers there like to play the ‘blame game’ and lack accountability. Receptionists are never around and as a nurse, you are definitely overworked without being overcompensated.
The company lacks good management team. Does not care about the employees, in various situations total lack of respect is seen on daily basis. There are no benefits unless you pay for them extra.The pay is not good either.
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many to list
Flexible hours
Friendly people, flexible hours, independent work environment. Locations of offices are all near major highways/central areas.

Pay was decent for geographical location. Opportunity for commission on certain services. TheJob was beyond easy and basic. Allowed to leave early if the schedule was clear at the end of the day.
Pros
good training programs
Cons
time management between clients
A typical day at Spectrum can take you all around Toronto and it's surrounding areas. Spectrum is a good place to learn what it is like to work on the road everyday and use a variety of critical thinking skills to complete a variety of tasks.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
poor communication sometimes between dispatch/Management/Crews
I just had to change all of my identification, banking everything because I was offered a remote job and they sent me a check for the purchase of equipment. This is a scam.

There is an actual company with this name that is real.
This is by far the worst company to work for. The coordinators who assign you clients don't do their job properly and have you driving back and forth all day. You can never get a hold of them in case of emergency and sometimes put on hold for over a half hour. The receptionist are so rude and unprofessional it's mind-boggling on how they even got the job in the first place. They are very disrespectful and rude both to personal support workers and some clients I've spoken to.
Pros
You get to meet some nice client
Cons
spectrum was a good place to learn about peoples management, colleagues were AMAZING, immediate manager was good but it all seems like all the upper management was concerned about is making money which spirals down to poor service deliveries.
Fair pay job, quite a lot of job for the worker, good management, nice manager, 24 hr hotline, have benefit, have training every year, but little growth in salary.
The management is a joke. They lie. They charge you $25 for expedited police check when in fact they send it for regular check.

They want to own you and no respect for you. They get mad if you refuse work ON YIUR DAY OFF!!! They add clients on your schedule after your day is over with out even the decency to ask you first.

You have to work long hours and everyday to make reasonable money.
Pros
None what do ever
Cons
Everything.
lots of change over the last few years so some management turn over, good people and flexible hours, but would be good to have more advancement for people and professional development, need to fill more positions so a bit stressful
Pros
flexible hours, some opportunity if you want to move up
Cons
lots of change in the company
New management appears friendly but are not as open or supportive as they appear; not easily accepting of suggestions of newly acquired staff.

Lack of advancement, poor work distribution, unattainable goals and deadlines

Co-workers are great to work with though and very supportive
Very supportive management. Great benefits for full-time employees, expanse are paid for some positions. Company invests a lot in training of their employees.Traveling between clients and assessing their need of assistance with personal care.
terrible management, poor pay, way below minimum, all the good reviews on here are not real!! there are no benefits. disrespectful to staff. there is nothing else to add except its terrible choice to make to work for this company
Pros
Cons
terrible management, terrible pay!