Spectrum Health Care

Spectrum Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada104 reviews
Featured review
Spectrum Health Care selected this as a representative review
I feel I am a part of a collaborative environment where no idea is a bad idea. I value my coworkers and enjoy the work environment that I work in. The committees that I am a part of really want to make sure that the voices of all employees are heard.
I recommend this facility. There staff is nice and polite. They have very friendly environment. Location is very good. I must recommend this facility for.
Legally "part-time casual", so do not expect full time hours. Due to the remoteness of the work, it's difficult to feel valued or team-oriented, but a lot of autonomy. Generally short-staffed, so expect to be asked to work on off-days (agreeable coordinators). Accomodating for booking days off; vacations do not seem easy to schedule. HR seemed disconcerting in the handful of interactions I occured/witness, however thorough; PSWs are unionized, and HR is cooperative. Nurse-supervisors could show more sensitivity; actively promotes safety practices, reasonably supportive. Some incentive for further education ($500 reimbursement). Mobile phone provided, and work app is easy to navigate though could be more comprehensive to provide better quality care.

My personal geography of work was reasonable, and I developed a regular set of clients. Resigned for other prospects because I did not feel like I belonged in the aforementioned culture of staff.
Productive and fun working place. Company encourages employees to develop new skills, sponsor seminars. Very friendly environment. Staff is very cooperative. No stress for PSW functionality.
Pros
Friendly set-up
Cons
no sufficient hours
A lot of politics and unprofessionalism. Repetitive task and you're not able to grow, in the same position forever. Ver stressful environment and you are always being pressure by management.
The Supervisor has no heart and does not know the first thing about Medical anything. Extremely stressful position. Supervisor is extremely high pressure as she is always watching what you are doing and also does not care if you are ill with a contagious disease, she will make you work and asks you to go against your Doctors orders.
The company treats their employees as if they do not matter. You are just a number and can be replaced. Almost every manager I came across was hostile.
Great team to work with
People are hard working

Fun environment

flexible with schedule

job includes benefits

vacation days is included upon being hired
It is important to like what you do. It is easy to find a sense of purpose when you are helping sick people in the process of becoming healthy. The people were terrific to work with. The clients were great to work with. It was indeed a pleasure during my time here.
Work place culture was great they never missed to celebrate you on your accomplishments. Practice sensitivity towards clients and Personal support Workers. Inclusion of all employees on any given event. The most enjoyable part of my job was being help client's receive the care they needed.
I love working here, lots of working hours ,we work as a team in providing excellent care to our clients ,staff are supportive and considerate ,as the saying goes , take care of your staff and we will take care of your clients and that's Spectrum Healthcare.
Was very disillusioned. Corporate healthcare. Community changed when buyout happened. Focus changed. Work pressure and job insecurity with new company.
SinceI start working at Spectrum Healthcare I gained a lot of knowledge medical field .although I'm just a PSW they us chance to broaden healthcare field.
My job was so flexible. I could report anytime I want. Our DOC was approachable, hard-working and very down to earth. I loved her management style. The hard part, there was a workplace culture that was dominant. They formed a group with the same culture and dialect. Most of the people are enjoyable to deal with. Most staff and residents are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff and residents
Cons
Long hours of work.
No management support for field staff. No administrative support as supervisors are not welcome to work in the main office at all. The less management hears from the workers, the better off you'll be.
Puts the 'ick' in toxic work environments.
Good job if you love working with people. Stressful but rewarding. Flexible work hours and environment. A lot of responsibility and case management roles
The very first company that gave me an experienced and trust as a Personal Support Worker.
Management is good. Client coordinators are easy to talk to and flexible.

The hardest part of my job is when I had to go from one client to another especially on winter time because I don't drive.
Pros
Flexible hours/schedule
New hirings are always arranged for evening shift from 4pm to 00am and always adding client on nurses list while in working, sometimes can arrange 15 clients to a nurse within 8 hours, nurses cannot finished work within 8 hours, so sometimes has to work until next day 2 or 3am if on evening shift

But has very good training session
I have been working for this company for over 3 years now, but will definitely be resigning the moment I get a job offer from anywhere else. It is a good place to start off, and get your experience in terms of nursing skills, but that’s about it. Management sucks. Managers there like to play the ‘blame game’ and lack accountability. Receptionists are never around and as a nurse, you are definitely overworked without being overcompensated.
Good workplace

I would rather keep my comments to myself regarding my employment at Spectrum Health Care. I feel that if some one wants to work there then they should draw their own views.
Pros
growing company
Cons
no fixed schedule
The company lacks good management team. Does not care about the employees, in various situations total lack of respect is seen on daily basis. There are no benefits unless you pay for them extra.The pay is not good either.
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many to list