Spectrum Health Care
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Spectrum Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada156 reviews

spectrumcoordinatorclientnurseschedulesupportstressfulcare

it gives me flexible hours

I can have as many hours as long as I can handle. They will give more clients within the specific area of your choice which is very convenient for me.

1 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review with us and the community. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know what we can do to help our employees in the future.

Fast paced

Good place to work to start a career . The pay isn’t great but you will definitely get work life balance . Fast paced, however you will get as much support from the team and supervisor

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay rate

Insights into Spectrum Health Care

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Safer to work

I found out that working at this company is safe. And mostly the job is not frustrated to work. All.my clients are so friendly and helpful. I am so glad I am part of this team. Also, I want to thank my coordinators more, because they gave me a comfort place to work on.

Not worth your time

During orientation you will hear a lot of good things about what the employer does in regards to giving 15 mins to travel ( as in 1 hour visit plus 15mins to drive to the next client), lots of hours, your coordinators extension # etc.). From the first day of your visits, you don't get 15mins for travel; families complain about not getting 1 full hour of care for their loved ones because you have to incorporate your travel time. The clients are far from each other, sometimes one client to the next is 20mins drive not including traffic, you can't get a hold of your coordinator (even when you call during regular business hours). If you have patient-family concerns good luck reporting and waiting for an update. They ask for your home intersection but then send you far distance. Been working for this company since March and nothing has changed. They tell you, you won't get back to back time specific clients ( that's not true). Some PSW got into car accidents trying to make the time work. The stress of trying to make clients happy, meet employers expectations can have serious consequences.If you have a regular full time job and you want extra coins, then by all means join Spectrum Health Care.

Pros

Evening coordinators are more efficient

Cons

Not enough hours it's INCONSISTENT, longer travel time, cannot get a hold of your scheduler

9 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. At Spectrum Health Care we value our patients and our employees. If you would like to provide more information so we can investigate further, please reach out to us at communications@spectrumhealthcare.com.

Great for beginners and competitive pay

It’s nice to begin carrier in health care , quite a good experience and received help from management, staff are friendly and nice place to grow ur skills. Many new learning tools.

1 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review with us and the community. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know more ways we can help our employees in the future.

Team of hard working people who really care about the patient and clients we serve

Working at Spectrum Health has been a great move for me personally as I have found a group of professionals who are smart and dedicated to providing the best quality care for patients and clients. The company is poised for growth and focused on doing bigger and better things to help ensure that seniors in particular can remain at home and get the quality services they need and deserve.

Not enough hours

Not enough hours though I have been selected as full time employee. Keeping engaged throughout the week with few working hours per day. Management does not have any proper explanation for this.

Terrible

Spectrum Healthcare is the work place to work for. The coordinators don't give you any work because they have their favorite psws that they give the work to. When you do get a few clients, coordinators take them away from you & give them to other psws. You take public transit & they have you working over an hour away from home. No one ever answers the phones there & when you leave a message no one returns your call.

10 August 2022

Great work culture and kind, professional co-workers

I am blessed to have a very supportive Manager in our department who is not so stiff and does not have a "know-it-all" attitude. He connects with us both in a professional way and takes the time to know each of us as individuals. We have a cohesive group and we are open about each other's challenges and share responsibilities as a team. As far as management is concerned, I have always been treated by them with respect. I believe this is the reason why Spectrum has been awarded with Best Management Award among Canadian companies. I believe this is because of its sincerity in achieving its goals and visions by being compassionate and to be in service to the vulnerable in the community. We try our very best to help our frontline workers because if they are happy, the clients will be happy. I enjoy working with Spectrum Healthcare. If you are looking for a good company to work for, in terms of corporate culture and great management team, look no further - Spectrum is the organization for you.

Pros

Great management support

Cons

None that I can think of.

Fun workplace

Great place to work! Great team matesManagement knows what they're doing! Constant support from the manager and focusing on building on a great career. We have been.

1 September 2022

Overall experience was best!

Relaxed schedule, good pay, marvellous patients, learnt new things, made good connections with staff and patients, the coordinators were really helpful and understanding.

1 September 2022

First off the interview process was great and the orientation was very informative.It’s great that you are given a phone to see your scheduled clients , however the only downside is that you can’t use the phone for phone calls or as a gps, but it’s not a big deal . The supervisors and coordinators are supportive and understanding .Finally after working for other agencies. I must say Spectrum is quite generous with the amount of PPE that you are given . I honestly feel that this is the best agency to work for and the pay is great .😊👍🏽

1 September 2022

Pay was good but can be stressful especially if you don't own a car

Orientation was done for 2 half days. On my first day, I didn't have anyone to guide me. Typical day at work would be visiting around 10 clients from morning till evening. Clients were mostly nice but some coordinators contributed to stress. They would put clients in your schedule without asking you first. Some coordinators did not give us enough time to commute.

Productive and enjoyable.

Met a lot of sweet people working here good job whenever you need more hours. I would recommend it for people who are even in nursing school as I was for more gained experience in the community.

1 September 2022

A good company to work for if you're looking for flexibility in your career

My typical day at work is having conversation with my clients talking about the weather and family. I like the variety of duties that I do and the challenge of dealing with all sorts of clients. Most of them are very appreciative of the work that I do for them and I am very grateful about that. I feel that I did a good job at the end of the day.

Overall a bad company

I worked for this company for several years. Management where sneaky and picked favourites. Managers would take weeks to reply and sometime never. Over all not a good company to work for. Trucks were not always in the best condition. Had to make the best for patients. No medical equipment onboard. Very sad

Pros

Paid for down time

Cons

Everything else other than paid for down time

No fun

Spectrum should increase the salary the work doesn’t match we are working hard rather than that the hours is flexible the coordinator are very great good management

Interesting work , poor management and high workload

The job is interesting , a lot of work but it could turn overwhelming . Poor management and a lot of space for improvement . Salary is not fair and not benefit even working 5 times a week per 8 hrs.

Pros

Cons

High workload

1 September 2022

Working Spectrum provide learning opportunities to build your skills. The people are great to work with.

They provide opportunities for each employees to grow and develop their skills. The company is an outstanding employer and they put money in making sure each staff has the necessary skills to do their job in an efficient manner.

Pros

They provide fabulous Christmas parties before COVID.

Cons

The environment is very fast paced

Unsure at this time

Writing this review it's a mind blowing really unexpected experience I've had at this company all wasent to bad but up on leaving I didnt get a great communication with either manager, coordinator not even to say thanks for your service my phone was ignored my emails as well I dedicated my life on the line for my clients and this company I work through the pandemic leaving my young family behind I wasent treated fairly unpon resigning reason no hours driving from one province to another just not enough adding clients to your schedule without letting you know when ask no one responce to your answer in my professional opinion we have to work like a team especially psw is the ones face to face with the clients so when so we feels it the most ,if there is an erro the office managers and codintor needs to cooperate in a desent manner I give my best for the past years and recieve less respect and applause upon leaving the codintor for my department Woodbridge management didnt acknowledged my hard work and reach out to me and helped change my mind so we can still have a clean environment and great working ethics towards this company no one couldn't have the guths to call very unprofessional status I came with great reputation I sure leaves with one ive build so many great bond with my clients ,especially its heartbreaking when I have to leave them to worried 😭😭😭

Cons

Limited hours

Productive and good place to work

I just working at spectrum and I love it so far. The coordinator are always ready and willing to assist. The work environment is healthy. Friendly and safe place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement