Spectrum Health Care

Spectrum Health Care Employee Reviews

Good interaction to co-employees and clientelle.

Normally,I get along with anyone in the office especially working with Coordinators and Supervisor.We developed good rapport working with co-PSW as a team.Excellent Interaction with the perspective clients and some other family members.Fulfilling my duties gives me satisfaction of caring the clients properly.

Pros

Expecting a standby fill in PSW during unexpected emergency situation, ie...car brokedown. Family emergency situation.

Cons

Expecting the Coordination of their recording schedules to at least inform us before filling in.

Bad employee experience

Worked their patient transfer division and event medical before it all went up in flames, the management at spectrum is chaotic, it was so bad they lost 2 divisions and are only down to PSW and nurse care now. they cannot keep up with the demand so they put their patients and employees last and the profit first.

Pros

you eventually earn a paycheck

Cons

horribly long hours, PPE shortages, Management Nightmare, Paychecks missing hours

Not a good place to work.

Very stressful workplace. My nurse supervisors were rude. They show no feelings of consideration at all as if they did not start as a new nurse before .I resigned after 3 months of stressfully working condition. Don’t waste your time working in this company. You will end up resigning after few months with these judgemental nurse supervisors.

Pros

The HR manager was so helpful.

Cons

Nurse Supervisors were judgemental and very stressful to work with.

Productive and fulfilling

They understand the workers concerns. They listened and take necessary action if I have problem with certain client. They’ve been very supportive to workers in this difficult time. They provides us PPE to make sure workers are protected.

Wonderful office staff who are always helpful & understanding.

The best part of my job is meeting the clients I drive. I always try to have a pleasant chat with them and get to know them. It is always interesting to find out about their families, background, interests etc. Everyone has a story.

Pros

Contests, flexibility according to my schedule

Horrible place to work. Do not work here.

This is the most horrible place I have ever worked at. During training period, everything looked ok but when you start on your own, then their true colors show up. The evening Nurses are overworked and coordination is very disorganized. The pay is terrible with lots of documentation time that goes unpaid. The staff are nice but the workload is extreme, the pay and the coordination of client’s load are terrible. They keep calling to add more client load during shifts and will not give you a breathing space. The computer they give you keeps messing up. Everything about this company is horrible and a huge waste of precious time. Do yourself a favor, do not work at this company.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Excessive client load add on during shifts, Terrible pay, Too much after hours documentation that goes unpaid.

Fun workplace amazing workmates

It was amazing working in spectrum fun workplace and there is advance learning. Will help you practice more of your customer service skills. You'll gonna get chance to work more hours if your workaholic. Best part is you have wonderful collegues and big space for work.

Pros

Free lunch and coffee

Client Care Coordinator

Emergency call center environment Very stressful job with high turnover rate Lack of employees so over workload Can’t work from home during pandemicEntry level position with no development opportunities

Pros

Multicultural working environment

Cons

Over workload and too stressful working environment

Nice people to work with

I work here now for over 10 years as a psw. I was pretty happy, I had nice clients in the facility and in the community. Covid-19 hit I choose to stay in the facility. Then family emergency had to take a leave of absence. When I was ready to return to work my full time position was not there anymore. Now I they have me running all over the place with less than 20 hours for the week and on top of that my benefit disappear and I have to pay for my meds out of pocket. No job security and too much favoritism practice by the coordinators and management don't fix it. Not the same company as before.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Manage my own schedules

Very unrespectul and stressfull work environment

Spectrum is the worst and stressful compare to other healthcare companies! They want to own you and no respect. Coordinators adding clients to your schedule outside of your availability without contacting you first. They want you to work 24/7.

Pros

I don't see any good at all!

Jobs at Spectrum Health Care

See more jobs

Receptionist and administrative

Good place to gain experience to new things, everyone were friendly, we just do our job and as long it gets done then I feel good to get off work on time.My most enjoyable part of the job would be ordering supplies, checking inventory and shorting out to organize, put them on shelves ready for PSW and nurses come to pick up for their supply needs.I can manage on time when task need to be done order by director, manager, supervisor and our general staff. Mainly is for office supplies daily use and holiday event set up.

degrading and unfair to field staff

Working for Spectrum for over 5 years I have stayed because of the flexibility. Some days work is completed by 2pm and other days I am doing documentation until midnight. There is high expectation to input UNPAID hours and the hourly rate is not fair in comparison to the jobs demands. Asking for a raise has proven to be unsuccessful because the managements annual reviews continuously undermine the employees performance. We all should have areas that require improvement, after all no one is perfect; however, management uses their performance reviews against you when asking for advancement. Advancing within the company is next to impossible. Management prefers to have employees who feel intimidated and undermined. My manager was lovely - but her colleagues were all bullies. They literally act like snobs. I am good at what I do because I want to be an awesome nurse, but they make it hard to evolve.

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

horrible pay, use your own vehicle and phone

director in toronto office speaks very poorly of clients that are on service behind closed doors

The regional director of Toronto is extremely unprofessional, a bully and speaks about clients poorly behind closed doors. I know colleagues who have proof of this behavior on video.

Cons

director is a bully and every single person there is afraid to go to her

Very stressful and disorganized

Extremely stressful position as a PSW. Coordinators do not care about PSWs. They booking several patients at the same time for one PSW. They never call PSW or patients before booking for time confirmation or other additional information. Some patients very contagious and PSW never getting informed about that. Very high health risk. Everything disorganized, bag management. Do not reccomend working there.

Pros

Choose your own working hours

Cons

Bad management, high health risk, stressful, low salary.

sometime good sometimes not.

As a PSW working in this company for the past 14 or 15 yrs. There were good years and not so good. Good years where there were good coordinator and supervisors assigned in my area who were helpful to us. When we call they answer and take our call seriously and help and give us support . But when these people no longer working with the company that starts the deterioration of the system. No one answers your call. they keep you on hold for long time. they mess up ur schedule, you can not just get a time off if you have emergency, they just dont care. If u leave a message they will not get back to you and so on.

Pros

free PPE

Cons

no benefit or sick leave though Im part time but I still pay union dues

Easy if you have a good partner you get along with

Spectrum MTA is closingWent from 11 bases in Ontario and closing bases very quickly. Job is paid minimum wage. Heavy lifting patients. No support from “Supervisors”Trucks are not maintained well. Doing transfers in hot weather with No A/C

Nice working place

I enjoyed working here . Had to leave cos I moved houses. Salary could be increased and also maybe try to give more hours at the same client instead of driving around every 1 hour. Can be tiring atimes

Pros

They Work with your schedule they put staff into consideration. . Wonderful staff all through.!!

Cons

Too much driving atimes. Too many 1hr shifts

Collaboration

Management were very respectful and cordial with team members. Clients were put first, this was to establish client focused environments. There was no undue pressure on team members.

Staff are very nice

I recommend this facility. There staff is nice and polite. They have very friendly environment. Location is very good. I must recommend this facility for.

Good

Management is very helpful. Get response any time. Get work as much as you would like. They have a union too. Easy get better. Get work near your place.

Pros

Union

Cons

Short shift

Ok place

High turnover of management and lots of unpaid hours spent after working hours for paper work. Stressful work environment without support from higher up you’re just expected to deal with it. As with most companies doing home-care what is on paper is totally different than the reality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Spectrum Health Care with

• Spectrum Health Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?