Spectrum Communications Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 November 2018
Co-workers are fantastic. Helpful, fun, and really mesh well together.
There have been a lot of changes recently, with management, and we are expecting a positive outcome.
Spectrum is very poorly run
Medic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
Horrible management. They need a full overhaul. And I’m taking about upper management. They keep the horrible employees and get rid of the good ones. They pick and choose who they want to pick on. There is a lot of corruption going on in this company. Upper management needs to be thrown to the curb and all new management hired. Ones with actual experience.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Nice people,
General Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2018
Takes a special tech to work there. Existing structure doesn't promote self reliance among junior techs. They should hire straight out of college any tech that has experience shouldn't apply. Micro management is a problem because the current manager has no field experience. And the other techs often too busy to teach.

DO NOT HIRE under contract they wont honor the contract length.

Too many jobs are spread out from head office each office cannot function as a self reliant group.
Pros
Nice people, weekends and evening off
Cons
Disorganized
Smaller company with a solid work ethic
Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 March 2016
The two way radio industry is still alive and well. All the plants and numerous businesses here in the chemical valley use two way radios as do the police and other security organizations, taxis etc.

The job is physically demanding and involves working at heights such as on lifts and towers. That is the part that was least enjoyable to me.

A firm understanding of telephony, networking, control systems, and RF technology is needed as well as mechanical skills.

Most of the skills needed have to learned on the job so the learning curve is intense and the duties can be physically demanding.

To me the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to program and repair the various models of radios we employed.

Management was approachable and my co-workers were helpful and 'down to earth'.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Intense