Spectrum Brands

Spectrum Brands Management reviews

Canada17 reviews
The job is easy, hours are stable, and pay is high for the job title in this area. Office politics are overbearing, too many cliques and favorites. recently under new management who weighs heavily into the office politics, and once you're out of the circle you're out for good.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Office politics
What a horrible organization. Zero concerns for you as you are replaceable like the furniture. Even less concern for quality of their products & servicing their customers
Management at all places are great people to work for,i always did my job best i could and asked questions if i was not sure of something always got a good response and let me learn more on company's expectations of me.
Pros
freedom to work on my own
Cons
Fun environment to work. Lots of social events. Need to provide training programs for new employees. People are friendly. Management is friendly but not very open to hearing your problems
Benefits are good, and overall friendly environment among peers.

However, on average, one person is doing two people's jobs.

Finance-driven and bureaucratic managerial directions are most of the time inconsistent, resulting frequent last minute changes on projects in many occasions.
Pros
You get to work one day from home (HR Policy)
Cons
You don't get to work from home (too much work must be done in office)
Prepare and arrange for pickup of 35 to 100 Pallets daily to Multiple stores every day. Communicate daily pickups with multiple Couriers and Transport Companies daily. Troubleshoot orders to insure they are correct and going to the correct store. Put away product in down times as well as cycle counts of Inventory. Communicate daily with Management. Prepare orders to Ship to the USA/Mexico when required.
Pros
Good salary, Good Benefits, Good Pension
Cons
Plant Closure.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum Brands?