Spectrum Brands

Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Working here for the last 6 years has been challenging , there is so many challenges and obstacles that you go through everyday ,it’s a competitive job and you really have to build and keep good relationships with all the decision makers in the business in order to be successful against your competitors. All in all it’s exciting for the most part working for this company , if wages and benefits where a little better it would have been a better company to work for.
I'd rather not say anything due to they relocated to a different city, due to financial stresses and figured it was better for the company,Staff did not care about how they did things
One of the reasons I’m leaving is that I felt I was not challenged enough at the job. As a new employee in the working world, the company offered me a great opportunity for a good entry-level position—one that I’ll always be grateful for. However, after being there for so many years, I felt I wasn’t able to fulfill all of my potential because of a real lack of challenge. There was no room for advancement in the company. While I did enjoy working there and appreciate the skills I developed, I feel my skill set can be better employed elsewhere. Somewhere my capabilities are more recognized, and where there is the opportunity for growth.
Working as an active part of a team member. Stacking skids and materials, helping to clean up the job site, running for needed supplies and materials required by other workers.
A lot of change but strong fundamentals in this company with strong brands. Company rose from bankruptcy to refocus on diversifying products where they feel they have the ability to hold a #1 or a #2 market position.
What a horrible organization. Zero concerns for you as you are replaceable like the furniture. Even less concern for quality of their products & servicing their customers
The job is easy, hours are stable, and pay is high for the job title in this area. Office politics are overbearing, too many cliques and favorites. recently under new management who weighs heavily into the office politics, and once you're out of the circle you're out for good.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
Office politics
Nice people, good benefit. During my stay, I was involved in different new and on-going projects and learnt a lot from multi-department. Limited new opportunities within the organization.
A typical day at work involves completing financial planning and reporting tasks, as well as engaging with sales reps to optimize financial strategy and P&L.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Management at all places are great people to work for,i always did my job best i could and asked questions if i was not sure of something always got a good response and let me learn more on company's expectations of me.
Pros
freedom to work on my own
Cons
it was okay? just not my type of work it seems like a long time standing around but after a week your feet dont hurt as much.. i had a lot of cuts on my hands, but the people were nice and i learned how to make keys and do some thing with the locks
Productive company and good people to work with. Diversity is one of the company culture. Many projects on top of the daily work hence it's a very challenging to obtain work-life balance.
Very busy environment, work life balance is a struggle but, of course, this is managed at the individual level. Great products, great opportunities. Would like to see the company focus on employee development.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
worklife balance
Fun environment to work. Lots of social events. Need to provide training programs for new employees. People are friendly. Management is friendly but not very open to hearing your problems
Benefits are good, and overall friendly environment among peers. However, on average, one person is doing two people's jobs. Finance-driven and bureaucratic managerial directions are most of the time inconsistent, resulting frequent last minute changes on projects in many occasions.
Pros
You get to work one day from home (HR Policy)
Cons
You don't get to work from home (too much work must be done in office)
Prepare and arrange for pickup of 35 to 100 Pallets daily to Multiple stores every day. Communicate daily pickups with multiple Couriers and Transport Companies daily. Troubleshoot orders to insure they are correct and going to the correct store. Put away product in down times as well as cycle counts of Inventory. Communicate daily with Management. Prepare orders to Ship to the USA/Mexico when required.
Pros
Good salary, Good Benefits, Good Pension
Cons
Plant Closure.
Working at Spectrum was always an adventure. I loved meeting with clients and developing solutions to meet their needs and grow their business. I received great pleasure when my clients were satisfied with my suggestions and watched their profit margins grow.
Pros
Networking at Industry Events
Cons
Complex product offering-Over 2000 sku's