Spectra Employee Reviews

Public Relations
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2019
Fast pace environment, with alot of staynding, walking and talking. Great way to meet people and build relationships.
Bartending and severing for events
Its has a very productive environment for work
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2018
spectra is a very good place to work proides a very friendly and comfortable environment for work .Spectra really helped me to build on my skills and knowledge on the work.
Fun workplace
Usher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
learned a lot about different machines
hardest part was carrying different things
management was great, always helped and answered all my questions and concerns
Cons
hard work
Enjoyable environment
Packaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON9 April 2018
Understanding coworkers who were able to help me if I needed help with anything. I was able to get the support that I needed when I was unsure of a task or assignment.
Good people, treated and payed poorly.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2017
Spectra does not care about how much they pay their employees or how much work they do. They've fired the best managers we had there and replaced them all with out of towners. Since this year, everything has gotten out of hand.
Pros
Good people in the Warehouse area
Cons
Treated poorly and underpaid
Productive and fun work place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2017
I like to go to work to have fun but still getting the work done. A busy workplace is a happy workplace. Happy employees is a happy boss. I enjoy workplace that is fun.
Pros
Getting out of the house
Cons
Long days
Unhealthy environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
You will without a doubt get cancer by working here. The amount of sulfuric acid I have inhaled working there is just ridiculous. I'll know who to blame/sue if i end up with lung cancer.
Work at Spectra
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 March 2017
A typical day at work is full filling, fast and slow paced, excellent management and absolutely no impossible expectations

I learned general labour skills such as delivery and how to hook up and move kegs around.
Pros
Easy work, flexible hours
Cons
Pay, hours a week
environnement de travail agréable
manutention (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
super experience, dans une bonne équipe .
La tache n'est pas compliquer, physique et a la fois motivante.
L'entrepot et l'univers de travail était sécuritaire.
Productive service to the community in crisis situations, feeling of accomplishment and reward of service to others in need
Volunteer in Training (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2015
A typical day volunteering would be answering telephone calls from those calling in for crisis support. I had excellent training in crisis call protocol. The management is highly organized, and helpful in every situation. Co-workers were extremely wonderful people with intentions to help others in the community. Dealing with the training of answering suicide calls. Knowing your making a difference.
Pros
Personal fulfillment
Cons
Repetition
Very enjoyable place to be i found!
2nd Year Insulator (Current Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS26 April 2013
A typical day consisted of going over safety hazards, i learned lots on this job as i was just learning but im a fast learner and it all came pretty easy to me. The management was good for the most part but i can see how things could get hard for these guys considering the amount of people that are involved. Co-workers were great everybody got along great for the most part, other then a few works said here and there but thats going to happen no matter where you go. The hardest part of the job was being out in the cold in tight hard to get place where we had to work but it was manageable, the company was great they dont force you to stay in the cold, they let you have warm up breaks which is great! I would have to say the food was the best part but i guess that isnt apart of the job, next to that probably just meeting such great people and just having a good new experience for me as is was the first big job site i was on.

Paul MacDonald
Pros
definatly the free food that you dont have to make, they give you a place to stay which is also free and bus you in bus you out. its ideal.
Cons
long hours, waiting for buses.
my review
Truck Driver AZ (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON22 January 2013
I have worked in the trucking and heavy equipment industry most of my life. The challenging part is the layoffs in the winter time. This is why i generally drive in the winter time. I have worked in the construction industry mostly farm buildings. My ideal job would be to operate and move my own equipment. I much prefer to work on a full time basis. Long hours and travelling would never be an issue as my children are all grown