Special Event Rentals Employee Reviews

Productive and Hardworking
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Special Event Rentals. The working environment was very positive, and I learned a lot. I was treated very fairly and I was respected by the management of this company.
Productive and a fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 January 2018
I enjoyed working here , learned how to set up tents large ones and small ones. It was a good work experience, made some friends and traveled around red deer.
Productive workplace
Supervisor's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Nice place to work. Owner and his family are super nice and they are so welcoming and frank. Coworkers are very frank and multicultural workplace. I am glad to be part of this company.
Cons
long hours on summer
Great place to star working or to obtained experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
Good place to work for, and management is always willing to help you. This place gave me my first the opportunity to work in Canada as a new immigrant.
Good work with hard and easy days but management took a downturn.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 December 2017
The company has great employees and the work is mostly enjoyable. Work can be never ending throughout the summer with lots of guys working 20+ days straight. Days ranging from 8-16 hours with the occasional outlier of 20 hours when going out of town. You get the chance to travel all around Alberta and sometimes with a day off in another city while being put up in a hotel.

Management has never been great though with the company owners losing touch with their employees. Lower management was promoted not by job expertise but through connection. Which lead to incompetent managers (specifically in dispatching) causing headaches for everyone below them. Safety wasn't taken seriously and job place injuries were not uncommon. Due to how busy summers were they would hire anybody for swampers which meant a high turnover rate for swampers because of incapable workers.
Pros
Working outside; great work culture with coworkers.
Cons
Long hours with no overtime in the summer and none in the winter.
Hard work
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Great summer job if you enjoy early mornings and late nights. Management could improve their training and hours, but over all pay is good and the staff is enjoyable to work with.
Very well ran company best owner to date of a company i worked for
Labour/ 5 tone helper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 June 2017
I had a great time working for this place they make sure your set yes down road if you like work job for you as u can have 120 hrs a week during summer then 40 hrs for rest of yrs I would work for him agian. Makes me want to call for a job
Pros
Good pays and great hrs
Good Temporary or Summer Job
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2017
Overall, working at Special Event Rentals as a Driver's Assistant was a decent working experience, at least in the summer. The summer is the company's busy season, meaning that working there in the summer months means a lot of work and a lot of hours. This job means being outside quite a lot, and coworkers are quite friendly, but the job is physically demanding, may require long hours, and there is very much last minute day before scheduling, meaning no dependable shifts or schedules as a driver or driver's assistant. The days can usually be summed up as 30 minutes to an hour loading or prep in the morning, and you can go to multiple delivery sites that may or may not require set up, or you may spend the entire day at one site. Days may be very long or very short. Learned to be safe around heavy objects while delivering, and general delivery practices, and various job specific skills. Didn't deal very much with management. Workplace culture was enjoyable, mostly due to the coworkers. Working after the summer is not guaranteed.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, Working outside, Seeing the city
Cons
Long Hours, No long-term or weekly schedule, Low Job Security after Summers
decent workplace
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2015
a typical day is fairly easy going but has its moment of high demand
at special event rentals i learned how to do a few simple repairs on equipment and organization for the warehouse. got along great with co workers what i found the hardest part of the job was lack of materials needed to do my job what i enjoyed most was customer satisfaction