Spartan Controls

Spartan Controls Management reviews

Canada29 reviews
All the good management have moved on, they grew too fast and have not groomed the managers well, the good ones are far and few between. Since it is a employee owned company your pay is effected by others.
No work life balance, expected to work evening and weekends with no compensation managers pick favourites - those people are allowed to make there own hours. Often not allowed to take time off , expected to answer phone s and emails 24/7. Expect to be micro managed, all the while telling you how great it is to work for them - you should be happy to have a job in their mind
Females: you can't move vertically within this company as all positions above a coordinator is deemed a male position.
Terrible management & HR dept.
Pros
money
Cons
Abuse of management
If you're lazy, and can luck into a group that has no clue what you're doing, you might love it here.
But, if you're a hard worker, watch out. The more you work, the more work you'll be given.

The pay is great, so if that's what matters to you, you'll be at the right company. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a life, keep looking.

I've never worked at another company where the phrase "drink the koolaid" was used this often. And it's true. Prepare to be best friends with your co-workers (and dump the rest - you won't have time).

BUT, a new president may mean things will improve now. The previous one was clueless.
Rules for working at Spartan Controls:
Never dispute your manager or GL. Don't expect to be considered for promotion based on hard work. You will be expected to work overtime.Good place to work if you are seeking slave like relationship they can fire you at any time for any reasons.
There are people with mental problems with bad behavior and management doesn't care about that. You should be a somebody( old workers or GL) pat to get a permanent job.Kissing up is where it's at.
Not recommended for normal people.

Through this job, I learned that culture is so so so very important. There is not enough money in the world to make me work under these circumstances ever again I am
Pros
Friday donuts...nothing else
Cons
Long hours, you are not supposed to have weekends...
The days are busy and filled with challenges that provide great learning experiences. Daily challenges are constantly teaching me a better sense of time management, better communication skills and most importantly I am always learning how much more work I can handle than I had previously thought possible.

The management team is very supportive and approachable. Co-workers are friendly and hard working. Everyone loves to have fun and understands the importance that a fun and relaxed workplace plays in increasing productivity.

The hardest part of the job is the complexity of each project, and the fact that no two projects are the same.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the company and overall culture, which is made better by the feeling of community created by the employees.