Spartan Controls

Spartan Controls Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Project Manager2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
The work was fine, the projects were intense but not unmanageable. Compensation is a combination of base salary + quarterly profit sharing + annual profit sharing (once you've purchased shares). The base salary is extremely low but the addition of quarterly profit sharing bumps it up to match industry. Every employee receives both. After year three every employee is offered a standard amount of shares based on the job role. These shares vest over 10 years and profit sharing for share owners is paid out in two installments annually. My offer letter indicated my salary would be matched to what is typical for someone with my experience and background however for three years I was paid consistently 20% to 60% more than the amount in the offer letter because of profit sharing.

It's not uncommon to work with a number of people who have been there for decades. These people are either very good at their job or are very good at playing games and keeping their head down. The game players would not succeed or make nearly what they make at Spartan anywhere else, they were just lucky enough to win the Spartan lottery by getting in early and buying shares.
Pros
Tons of money, some very good people.
Cons
Old timers who got lucky stand in the way for newer, better people to succeed.
A little bit low pay in terms of salary but made up by profit sharing quarterly, which can be challenging.

A redneck culture, little or no diversity with politics the main thing for you advance.
Pros
Gym, profit sharing
Cons
Redneck culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spartan Controls?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartan Controls. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2