Sparrow Lake Camp Employee Reviews

Kitchen is Tough
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Severn, ON2 June 2018
The camp itself is amazing, and I met a lot of great people. The management team was great, they really seemed to care about all of the staff and how we were feeling. the only downside to my job was my breaks and days off were always with the same people I worked with and being in the kitchen felt very isolated but I still had fun.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Long Hours
A place that has the ability to allow you to grow and have fun
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Severn Bridge, ON2 December 2017
Sparrow Lake Camp is a unique and fun kind of place. You are able to grow, learn, and teach, all while having as much fun as you can possibly imagine. The responsibility that comes with the job is unlike any others. Taking care of kids and essentially becoming their "parent" for the time they are there is one of the most rewarding things ever. The land is beautiful and there is plenty of magic in the air.
Pros
Fun, Food, People, Growth, Support
Cons
Pay
Fun but challenging
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Severn Bridge, ON11 April 2017
Typical days were long and unpredictable, learned a lot about the importance of self-care in such a labour-intensive work environment, did not love the management however because of the lack of trust for their employees, despite the fact that we being paid to take care of other people's children.
Pros
camp environment
Cons
very long hours
An Amazing Summer
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Severn, ON19 January 2017
Best Job I have had by the age of 18, completely friendly, inclusive environment. Pay is a little low but not much is expected from being a counsellor
Pros
Amazing Experience
Cons
Low Pay