Sparksman Transportation Employee Reviews

Great for a little extra income
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 February 2019
It’s convenient to be able to bring your children with you to work so the amount you save in daycare costs make up for the part time hours.
Management definitely takes favourites and this is what makes the job difficult. They speak down to employees. There’s no give with them it’s all take. Impossible to get a day off if your child is sick you are told to bring the child with you.
Pros
Can take children with you
Cons
Management needs improving
Respectful and fun to work for.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2018
Was a really great company to work for, loved working for them, great company and family based. Could take your children to work with you which was a bonus with people who have kids.
working when kids are in school
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 March 2018
Management could improve. Early morning start to prep the bus before you go out on your route therefore kids are up early to go with you great job if you have toddlers. Only 4 hours a day
Great for Mom with young kids
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  8030 Golosky Ave, Fort McMurray, AB, Canada25 January 2018
It's a great place for moms with young kids to work as you can bring them to work with you rather than working to pay a stranger to raise your kids. The company is very safety conscious.
Enjoyable and Flexible work
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2017
This job allowed me great flexibility which I needed at the time, It was a safe and enjoyable environment to work in. The hours were excellent and perfect for me at the time.
Great job for moms
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 August 2016
I really enjoyed my time there. If you go in an do your job. You'll be fine. I loved my route. My students. School board is great.

Don't get involved with the gossiping and back stabbing. Too many woman. Choose carefully who you speak with. I highly suggest not making friends with some of those women. Keep it professional. Management likes to play favories too.
Pros
Taking your children with you
Cons
Corupt upper management
Enjoyable work enviornment
Bus Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 April 2016
My job at sparksman has been great. I have been there for over 5 years but there is no means of advancment its good for woman with young children looking to work part time.
Pros
Birthdays
Cons
No advancement
Fun environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2016
My favourite part about working as a school bus driver was seeing the kids each day. I got to know them well and it brightened my day seeing there faces every morning and afternoon. My co-workers were awesome and we all got along well. I would have to say the hardest part about the job would be the split shift. Also some of the buses in the winter were hard to warm up and that made things a little uncomfortable. Overall I enjoyed my time at Sparksman.
Great co-workers with a family atmosphere.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2013
Management was favoured over other drivers and it caused some chaos within the employee's.
Drivers learned to avoid confrontations within the office and worked together as a team to the best of everyones schedule.
Great to be able to take our younger children to work and have on the bus while we worked.
Pros
Taking children to work.
Cons
Management was favourable over other drivers.
School Bus
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 December 2012
Loved working here, kept me very busy, lots of work, and very nice people