Spark Lifecare

Spark Lifecare: 65 Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews

lifecarecaregiverclientamazingfeelsupportsupportivecare

Collaborative atmosphere

I am in charge of my shift, how many hours I want to work and when I want to work those shifts. Balance of home life vs workplace very different coming from an acute care job. Frontline manager is a phone call away, happily takes on any challenges that come up. Company has a lot of engagement activities and also ideas for clients for socializing. Company is still small enough to care about employees but big enough to meet needs of clients and staff. A lot of the clientele are medically stable / chronic conditions and all have proper equipment for the caregiver. I was worried that I would have nothing to work with in terms of lifts and transfers, but I was pleasantly surprised. Pros- I can take any vacation, weekend off, birthday off, graduation ceremony off at will. There is no three way trades in order to get time off as is common in acute care industry. Company also has a skill share workshops in order to keep current and also to round out Skills of those who do not work under CNO. Cons- it’s 100% you. No coworkers to break up your day. But this is also a pro since you don’t get pulled away from your work with distractions.

The company that reignited my love for nursing!

Without a doubt, nursing has been the hardest career in the last few years. By having Spark pay me well above average and provide me with my choice of patients, I have been able to build my dream career in paediatric complex care! Spark is self driven, so if you want to succeed, you need to take the lead. No matter what endeavour or route you chose, you have dozens of skilled professionals a Slack message away. If you are a nurse ready to be your own business and regain your love for your career, Spark is the way to go. You have full autonomy in the files you chose and will never be forced into unsafe assignments. Management is so supportive and are truly your biggest cheerleaders. Brad the CEO is always open to feedback and has allowed for anyone’s innovation and leadership to shine through. I am eternally grateful to be a Sparkler!

Pros

Tons of prizes, gift cards, and bonuses

Insights into Spark Lifecare

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

great concept, needed more follow through

I thought it was a great concept but there were a lot of issues- pay/ pay timing. Very hard to survive being paid once a month. Also as a nurse, there was no other nurses hired til months later- I was put in a position as a nurse should never have been put in... I became very disillusioned and founder failed to look at several concerns

Pros

great xmas party

Best decision I ever made for myself

Switching over to Spark as an occupational therapist was the best decision I've ever made for my professional needs. It is an autonomous work opportunity that meets my needs where they are at, and I have a chance to direct my own workflow as I see fit. The culture has been amazing, and the support provided by management is everything you could ask for - knowledgeable input and direction as you need and want it, without the sense of someone looking over your shoulder or micromanaging. I made the change during a difficult time in my life and they were phenomenal at understanding and meeting me where I was at. One of my biggest concerns making the switch was working on the road. To my surprise, visiting clients at home has truthfully been a very refreshing take on therapy which really humanizes the process. You get to meet them where they are most comfortable, but also it gives you a chance to process information and decompress between clients, rather than the in-clinic experience where clients chain into your office one after the next. Overall, 10/10, strongly recommend.

Spark Lifecare Rocks

I love working for such a supportive company! They are understanding and do their best to become better and better all the time! Hours are pretty flexible!

Welcoming, supportive and great people to work with.

It has been over a year that I have worked for Spark as a caregiver and I am greatful to be part of such a wonderful team.   I really like the process that Spark has when it comes to connecting/matching caregivers and clients together.  This has given me the opportunity to work consistently with the same clients and continue to build on our positive relationships.  The Care Partners and management have been absolutely amazing! They have available to answer questions and provide support when needed.

Pros

Flexible hours

A culture that supports rapid innovation, excellent execution, and a teamwork of high-performance professionals.

Working with Spark means joining a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive community of people who not only value, but support your growth and overall well-being. It means joining a group of people who are committed to a common vision, culture, and set of values while recognizing the struggles and successes of one another. Spark is a healthcare company with a huge heart that goes out of its way to recruit the most intelligent, innovative, and talented people in Canada. They offer competitive but humble market compensation and benefit plans, attract high-value people through freedom to make impact, support a high-performance culture that balances nicely with life & mental health, and provide diversified services and offer each with a unified approach. We are given stock options gifted by the organization, have half-day Fridays, unlimited paid time off (as a full-time employee), the freedom to dress how I like and do my hair as I please (I often have rainbow-coloured hair). I can also dress how I please within the "business casual" range, in a way that still represents my personal taste and style. The unlimited time off is also a wonderful perk of the job - every day, I am blown away by how supportive everyone at Spark is; to be part of this fantastic company where taking care of my mental health isn't just a fad, but backed up with purposeful action, is remarkable. Knowing I still have access to vacation time, but also the occasional mental health and sick day without stressing about my job security, is a rarity in any organization. As long as our responsibilities are not affected -

Leading group in the community!

I can honestly and genuinely say that Spark is the best working environment and team. Everyone is always treated equally - weather you are new working frontlines or a senior director - all opinions, suggestions are always welcomed, heard and valued. Spark has done an incredible job at building an amazing community that truly cares for your well being and continually demonstrates the passion to help our clients. Since working at Spark I have grown both personally and professionally from building on my resiliency and mental health to learning more about diversity and cultures through many of our equality and inclusion seminars. One of my favourite things about Spark is that I always feel like I am apart of something big, real change, and most importantly part of a group that genuinely cares and always striving to be better !

Inclusive, fun and supportive work environment with opportunties for growth!

One of the most supportive and healthy work environments I have ever worked in!They really care about you as an employee and want to see you succeed in your position.This is the only workplace I have personally worked at where they put an emphasis and huge importance in work-life balance, employees mental health and an inclusive and rich workplace culture, and actually mean it!There is always opportunities for growth and their technology to make each and every person's job more efficient and easier is unmatched!Spark Lifecare truly has some of the nicest, kindest and amazing people on their team and are such a pleasure to work with!

Talking the talk and walking the walk

Spark is a social enterprise that values its Sparklers above all. The Spark culture is unlike anything I've experienced before! This is multidisciplinary team work at its finest, at every level of this organization. Employees are valued and have opportunities to grow. Management values input from everyone. There is recognition and appreciation of effort, as well as support! Spark is truly a different and wonderful place to work!

Pros

Perks, socials, transparency and Spark culture!

Cons

Onboarding process is tech heavy, but manageable with the support.

Starts as a job, but turns into a lfestyle

I started with this company as a way to "get back into working" post losing my job in 2020. What I wasn't expecting was the become part of a family with my co-workers and clients. With one particular client, I truly felt like we became a family. This in its self created a warm, open and comforting environment where the client care really came first as we all wanted them to succeed and make the most of their services. The clients parent was my biggest cheerleader. They saw the potential and talent in me that I didn't see. They opened my eyes to my skills, drive and passion that I have for the ASD field. They showed me that working can be fun, and my effort really makes a difference. They sparked (pun intended?) a drive in me that I never knew was there for move forward in the ASD field. Now, I have been accepted into a graduate program to further learn, and hopefully help other families as much as I helped them. The moral of my story, Is that I took a leap of faith and applied with this company and found my passion. Even if you do not work in the field or particular client you applied for, the direction, and unconditional support you can receive from you co-workers and overall environment is unmatched. Take the leap!

Client-centered care in a supportive work environment

Spark provides a supportive work environment for physiotherapists who like to work in a multi-disciplinary setting. Compensation is competitive with a manageable caseload, flexible hours, and supportive management. Communication with management is fast and reliable with a very open approach to feedback. I enjoy being part of a team that is truly client-centered.

There is no better opportunity for growth in our field than here

I challenge you to find a company that opens as many doors as this one does. Whether you are here for a few hours a month or full time, you are treated as an integral part of the community. They really care about your progress and development and clients are constantly telling me how happy they are to be here after being with other companies. I hope to be here forever.

Breath of fresh air…

During a pandemic, where support workers are completely taken for granted, Spark was a breath of fresh air. I was working independently before I joined Spark and my gosh what a relief it is to have some structure. Everyone is KIND. Kindness is so overlooked. While yes, it is well managed, inclusive, diverse, accommodating and flexible, I am most impressed by the genuine kindness every single person I’ve met or come in contact with so far, has displayed. If you need more hours, you just need to ask, need less? Just ask. I had a family emergency at one point and they were so understanding on my needing to cut back on clients even though I just started. Spark is the perfect place to make a career or to just use as an extra job here and there for extra cash. I am so grateful to work for such strong people. Give Spark a chance, they’ll impress you.

Passionate company dedicated to improving healthcare

I was first introduced to Spark as a case manager working with clients who were involved in catastrophic motor vehicle accidents. As a community social worker, it was immediately clear to me that Spark's commitment to providing the highest quality, client-centred care was like nothing I had ever seen before. This inspired me to join the Spark team in February 2020 shortly before the start of the pandemic. While working at Spark, I have heard from many families, that Spark is the glue that has held their families together during the pandemic. Whether it is respite care for children and youth, PSW, rehab therapies or nursing care, Spark has repeatedly demonstrated their committed to working with families to find creative solutions to their care needs. Although the workload can be tough at times, I am supported by an amazing team of caregivers, rehab therapists, and administrative staff. The CEO, Brad Bezan is one of the kindest people I have ever met.I am so proud to be part of this amazing company, there is no place I would rather be!

Pros

Work culture, work from home, great staff

Cons

Demands of the pandemic have been stressful

Values and Valued

Spark Life Care reminded me what it feels like to be proud to work for a company. Spark Life Care works according to ethical and moral values. Spark Life Care makes me feel valued.

Wished I had worked here long ago but glad I finally found it.

Where to start? This is one of the coolest places you could possibly work. I get to chose my clients, hours and even the rate of pay at which I work under. The team is as nice as can be and they are trying to really do something different. Hope to be here for the long haul.

Many broken promises, and never knowing if you were going to receive your pay as they were always late due to monthly financial issues.

Many broken promises after pulling me from a full time permanent position. I was never reimbursed for the last month I worked for them as a private contractor. As soon as I hit the 6 month period, they cut back my salary never ever mentioning it had anything to do with my work ethics. I was expected to do the same amount of work receiving less than a 3rd of the salary I was initially hired for full time. Never received benefits, a work computer, pension, vacation, all promised enticing me to leave my permanent job and work for them to organize a new program I am highly skilled at. Once I had everything in order, they decide, they don't have the funding to continue my position... Not a pleasant experience.

Pros

Work from home, that is the only good thing about working g from.this company

Cons

Time wasted on ever changing programs, wishing employees happy birthday that you had never met or will meet, forever having to let everyone know what a fabulous job they are doing, Dishonesty in never delivering what was initially promised upon hiring, Pay was received over 2 weeks late many times due to company financial situation.

Supportive and Caring Work Environment

Spark is an amazingly supportive workplace, with the perfect amount of independence and support. Everyone is equal, and everyone cares so much about their clients, and each other. I so look forward to coming in to work each day, and am SO glad I found this company.

Amazing and supportive workplace

I am so happy that I joined Spark! It has been incredible to be matched with clients based on my skills and interests! It has been an absolutely incredible experience being able to work with some of the most vulnerable people in Ottawa and working for a company who cares so deeply about both their clients and staff! There is so much collaboration with several other professionals to ensure the best care for clients and it has been amazing to work as part of a team to provide the best care possible for all clients. I would strongly recommend Spark Lifecare to anyone who is looking for professional, reliable and supportive care.

Productive and fun workplace

You have to be 100% committed to improvising constantly and being independent, although the management is very supportive and encouraging the job can be tough but they do give you your own agency. However, youre considered self-employed so no benefits, pay is decent though and you can make your own schedule, very understanding and flexible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spark Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement