Spark Lifecare Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2019
Working for Spark is different than most front line jobs. The work culture is so amazing. There are seminars to learn from and outings with coworkers to enjoy. Supervisors and CEO are so great with communication and continuously working hard to make Spark better for both clients and employees.

At Spark, you have the flexibility to choose with who and when you want to work. One key thing about Spark is their ability to match workers with clients, which is important for long term working relationships.

The work culture and positive atmosphere both in person and while communicating through technology, and competitive wages are just some of the reasons why I’m still an employee after starting in 2016. I can’t imagine any other front line jobs as great as Spark!
Pros
Great work culture, management very interactive with employees
Cons
Job security is often based on client funding, expenses
Lots of opportunity to grow as a professional
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa11 January 2019
Spark is unique for it high level of Care and client/caregiver matching philosophy.
You have the flexibility to choose the hours you work and locations in which you will and will not travel.
Sparks management team are very supportive ,educated and readily available when needed.
Community based supports where you work independently-however Spark has a wonderful team approach with a high level of communication.
Pros
Flexibility to choose clients/hours of work
Cons
Income can be irregular based on client cancellations/end of clients funding etc.
Spark goes above and beyond!
Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2018
I've been working for Spark for almost a year now and I can honestly say that this is the best company I've ever worked for! They go out of their way to offer excellent care for their clients, making sure to match the best possible caregiver to the client.

Spark gives as much attention to the well-being and comfort of its workers as it does to its clients. This is something that makes them truly stand out!

As for the Spark workforce, everyone is treated like family. There are plenty of social activities and gatherings for you to participate in and enjoy.

Spark's team is always there to answer your questions and help you navigate through any challenges you may have.

If you're interested in helping others and making a difference, I couldn't recommend Spark enough!
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive pay, socials, seminars, many opportunities for growth
Great Employment for New Grads
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
Spark Lifecare is a new grad’s dream. With flexible hours, a caseload you create, AWESOME care partners, competitive pay, and a work climate that is inspiring and interactive, Spark is everything that young professionals love.

Since working with Spark, I’ve been able to get creative with my practice as a Child and Youth Counsellor, and the care partners actually encourage creativity and thinking outside the box! This allows me to feel like I’m not limited to what I can do with clients.

Looking for work but are only available a few hours a week? Perfect. Spark allows you to choose your own clients and put parameters around where you are willing to travel to work with clients and they try and match you to clients who have similar interests and hobbies as you.

Look no further, because Spark Lifecare is the perfect fit.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible hours, friendly and understanding managers!
Cons
Lack of benefits
Very good, friendly and accomodating work place!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
When I first came to work for Sparks, I had a pre-conception of what social work was going to be due to my formation in school. Each student was told what they were getting into and knew that the ratio of quitting was high. That concept would be changed through my experience at Sparks. I would soon meet up with a team and shown professionalism at it's best. Quality work and the friendliness of each staff members, who are involved and responds quickly in any given situation, help to work more efficiently. We are well trained and given the proper tools to take care of each client. Spark Caregivers who train, seem to be very interested in how well their employees do with their clients spread abroad the city. Spark has that team-work understanding and deals with clients and employees as their own. I enjoy that!
Pros
An ongoing vibrant team-work life.
Team Oriented Work Environment & Fufilling Job
Respite Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
Although I was only hired by Spark 3 months ago, I have never felt more welcomed and appreciated within a company. Spark staff go above and beyond to reach out to caregivers to ensure they are taken care of. The team behind the company are some of the most supportive, empathetic & genuine individuals I have encountered. The Care Partner staff ensure not only every client feels fulfilled and cared for, but they constantly reach out to caregiving staff ensuring we are always on the same wavelength of communication & show genuine appreciation and support for every step we move forward with our clients to lead them down the path of a healthier & more empowering life. Above all, Spark is a unique and diverse company that I am proud to work for and will continue to work for as I am also being guided down a very fulfilling career & life path of caring for others.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Inclusive and Upbeat Work Environment
Caregiver/Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
Spark Lifecare goes above and beyond to make sure employees feel included, appreciated, and have a fulfilling role on the team.

Everyone in any given role is treated equally, and is presented with amazing opportunities to advance their career and enrich it with new skills and rewarding experiences.

Spark does an immaculate job to ensure individual excellence for both the client and caregiver, and they are matched according to what common interests/passions/hobbies they share.

Love working for Spark, feels like family!
Pros
Seminars, socials, skill advancement/certification opportunities, sports teams.
More than just a job - a lifestyle
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
I have been a member of the amazing Spark team for 2 years now, and can say without a doubt that I’ve loved every second of what I do. Spark’s image is rooted in the individuality of both clients and caregivers and developing Relationships and connects - laying the foundation for superb care.
I can be myself with Spark, and I am supported in working through my strengths and building on my weaknesses. Spark has become so much more than a job for me - but a lifestyle where I can do what I love: to promote positive change in others!
Pros
Individualized approach to client care
Cons
Irregular hours
Amazing team
attendant care (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
I’m so grateful I get to work for such an amazing company, not only do they make you feel extremely welcome upon hire but they do truely care. They are always looking for ways to improve even if it’s already a great place to work. With spark you always have constant communication with the team and someone will always answer whatever question you have. The team is always there for you.
Pros
working in the community, pay rate & lots more
Cons
hours are not always consistent
Cant beat Spark!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
At Spark Lifecare, both clients and caregivers are given so much care and attention that it ends up feeling like one big family. Everyone involved is deeply passionate about what they do, very profesional and always ready to tend to your every question, concern or need at the drop of a hat! Amazing company!
Pros
Great people, loving and caring atmosphere
Cons
Fast growing company. Dedicated to enhancing employee satisfaction. High standard of care. Proud to be part of Spark.
Rehabilitation Assistant and Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
At Spark I feel valued. I feel like the management team has my back. If a file that I work on ends, the team works quickly to fill in my hours. Spark is a team and it is easy to trust, communicate with everyone on the team.
Pros
The matching process = two for one. Not only are you doing a job you like, you get to work with clients that you share interests and passions with.
Cons
Not a regular 9-5, shifts may be on weekends, early in morning, late into evening.
Spark cares!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
I’ve been working with Spark for quite a while now, so I’ve had the privilege of seeing so much change and growth. I’ve stayed with Spark because their main goal is to match clients with appropriate caregivers. This is so important because many clients are looking for long term support with caregivers that they can actually connect with. Spark is dedicated to improving their company as a whole including communication, use of technology, problem solving and getting involved in the community as much as possible. If there’s a problem, they want to fix it! Lastly, as a frontline worker, I don’t ever feel alone. Spark puts on fantastic socials and group learning activities so that you can get to know your coworkers!
Pros
Socials, group learning opportunities, amazing culture, competitive pay, great communication within company and so much more!
Cons
No guaranteed hours/clients
Amazing place to work!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa4 June 2018
I have been with Spark for about a year and a half and have nothing about amazing things to say about the culture, management, and overall experience while working here. The team has gone above and beyond to make me feel like a part of the family and fully supported and appreciated in everything I do since the very beginning. Working for Spark gives me the opportunity to follow my passion of helping others every day, along side a team of great people who share those same genuine passions. The leadership team is extremely supportive of following your dreams and works together with you in building a career that is best for you. They invest in their staff, and provide ample opportunity to learn (including various training seminars) and grow as care givers. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing about working for Spark!
Pros
Great culture, Very competitive pay rates, Room for career growth, Supportive leadership team and staff, Incentive programs, Team events
Cons
The hours can be inconsistent at times
Beyond Amazing Work Experience
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2018
Everything about working at Spark is wonderful. Not only are the people and fellow caregivers incredibly supportive and are available for any kind of question you may have, but the variety and clients you get to work with open your eyes to so many different aspects of life! You truly feel taken care of when you work at Spark. This organization allows you to not only help people, but also become more aware of your own surroundings and who you are as a person.
Positive, Optimistic & fun company to work for !
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 June 2018
Working as a support worker can be very stressful and taxing on a person. From the first day I received a call about a job interview to the very first day I started on the job, I never once doubted my ability to work as a support worker because of the confidence that the managers and coworkers of spark lifecare gave me. Whether it being uplifting posts on our chat or the positive words on a bad day or the basic tools to get through your day. I have NEVER worked for such a great company before. I look forward to growing with this new, innovative and caring company. Hours are super flexible, great pay and easy going.
Pros
flexible hours, communication is great between works and management
Cons
not stat holiday pay
Care Aide
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2017
- Pay is good and is dependent upon the type of work you'll be doing.
- supervisors and managers are always available to provide support when you're confused or need advice and information.
- Company makes sure that you're a good fit for the client and that a long-term professional relationship is built between workers and clients.
- Easy check in from mobile device
- Lots of support to get you settled into a care routine with client.
- Lots of events that promote learning and team building
I really enjoyed working for the company so I don't really have much to complain about.
- Opportunities for career growth
Cons
Amazing company, the best people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Cannot rave more about how amazing the management is and all your coworkers. You will definitely feel very supported. Workplace culture is amazing. It does get difficult sometimes with client cancellations and your hours each month not always being reliable but the management tries their hardest to find you more hours when this happens
Pros
Amazing socials, parties, cowrkers and clients
Cons
unreliable hours
Great atmosphere with great people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
What drew me to Spark was the genuinely caring people in the company. At Spark you get to work hands on, one on one with people and get to know them on an individual level. This isn't your run of the mill job where you talk to hundreds of people in a day, you really get to connect with people and help them out.
Pros
Amazing, caring workers
Incredible Organization!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
Working for Spark Lifecare has been such a great experience. I have never been part of a team, where each and every person is so encouraging and kind to one another!
Everyone is so passionate about what they do, and it shows in the work that it is done. It is truly a privilege to work for this amazing organization!
The job you've been looking for!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Joined Spark Lifecare with the goal of working within the health care field and helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
Fast forward to the present and its much more than I could have ever imagined. Spark Lifecare provides the opportunity to care and assist those in need. Spark goes above and beyond to match you as a caregiver to another with similar interests, goals and aspirations so that you may work within your skill set and provide the best care possible. If I'm being honest - this makes a typical day with Spark feel like anything but a job! I gear up each day excited for the challenges and excitements, knowing that I continue to grow and learn - just as my clients do.
Management goes way beyond the employer/employee relationship. Everyone plays their part and works together as a family.
Pros
Perks, advancement, individualized schedule
Cons
Irregular/unpredictable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spark Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Spark Lifecare Reviews by Location