Spark Lifecare Employee Reviews

More than just a job - a lifestyle
Rehab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
I have been a member of the amazing Spark team for 2 years now, and can say without a doubt that I’ve loved every second of what I do. Spark’s image is rooted in the individuality of both clients and caregivers and developing Relationships and connects - laying the foundation for superb care.
I can be myself with Spark, and I am supported in working through my strengths and building on my weaknesses. Spark has become so much more than a job for me - but a lifestyle where I can do what I love: to promote positive change in others!
Pros
Individualized approach to client care
Cons
Irregular hours
Amazing team
attendant care (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
I’m so grateful I get to work for such an amazing company, not only do they make you feel extremely welcome upon hire but they do truely care. They are always looking for ways to improve even if it’s already a great place to work. With spark you always have constant communication with the team and someone will always answer whatever question you have. The team is always there for you.
Pros
working in the community, pay rate & lots more
Cons
hours are not always consistent
Cant beat Spark!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
At Spark Lifecare, both clients and caregivers are given so much care and attention that it ends up feeling like one big family. Everyone involved is deeply passionate about what they do, very profesional and always ready to tend to your every question, concern or need at the drop of a hat! Amazing company!
Pros
Great people, loving and caring atmosphere
Cons
Fast growing company. Dedicated to enhancing employee satisfaction. High standard of care. Proud to be part of Spark.
Rehabilitation Assistant and Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2018
At Spark I feel valued. I feel like the management team has my back. If a file that I work on ends, the team works quickly to fill in my hours. Spark is a team and it is easy to trust, communicate with everyone on the team.
Pros
The matching process = two for one. Not only are you doing a job you like, you get to work with clients that you share interests and passions with.
Cons
Not a regular 9-5, shifts may be on weekends, early in morning, late into evening.
Spark cares!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
I’ve been working with Spark for quite a while now, so I’ve had the privilege of seeing so much change and growth. I’ve stayed with Spark because their main goal is to match clients with appropriate caregivers. This is so important because many clients are looking for long term support with caregivers that they can actually connect with. Spark is dedicated to improving their company as a whole including communication, use of technology, problem solving and getting involved in the community as much as possible. If there’s a problem, they want to fix it! Lastly, as a frontline worker, I don’t ever feel alone. Spark puts on fantastic socials and group learning activities so that you can get to know your coworkers!
Pros
Socials, group learning opportunities, amazing culture, competitive pay, great communication within company and so much more!
Cons
No guaranteed hours/clients
Amazing place to work!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa4 June 2018
I have been with Spark for about a year and a half and have nothing about amazing things to say about the culture, management, and overall experience while working here. The team has gone above and beyond to make me feel like a part of the family and fully supported and appreciated in everything I do since the very beginning. Working for Spark gives me the opportunity to follow my passion of helping others every day, along side a team of great people who share those same genuine passions. The leadership team is extremely supportive of following your dreams and works together with you in building a career that is best for you. They invest in their staff, and provide ample opportunity to learn (including various training seminars) and grow as care givers. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing about working for Spark!
Pros
Great culture, Very competitive pay rates, Room for career growth, Supportive leadership team and staff, Incentive programs, Team events
Cons
The hours can be inconsistent at times
Beyond Amazing Work Experience
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2018
Everything about working at Spark is wonderful. Not only are the people and fellow caregivers incredibly supportive and are available for any kind of question you may have, but the variety and clients you get to work with open your eyes to so many different aspects of life! You truly feel taken care of when you work at Spark. This organization allows you to not only help people, but also become more aware of your own surroundings and who you are as a person.
Positive, Optimistic & fun company to work for !
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 June 2018
Working as a support worker can be very stressful and taxing on a person. From the first day I received a call about a job interview to the very first day I started on the job, I never once doubted my ability to work as a support worker because of the confidence that the managers and coworkers of spark lifecare gave me. Whether it being uplifting posts on our chat or the positive words on a bad day or the basic tools to get through your day. I have NEVER worked for such a great company before. I look forward to growing with this new, innovative and caring company. Hours are super flexible, great pay and easy going.
Pros
flexible hours, communication is great between works and management
Cons
not stat holiday pay
Care Aide
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2017
- Pay is good and is dependent upon the type of work you'll be doing.
- supervisors and managers are always available to provide support when you're confused or need advice and information.
- Company makes sure that you're a good fit for the client and that a long-term professional relationship is built between workers and clients.
- Easy check in from mobile device
- Lots of support to get you settled into a care routine with client.
- Lots of events that promote learning and team building
I really enjoyed working for the company so I don't really have much to complain about.
- Opportunities for career growth
Cons
Amazing company, the best people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Cannot rave more about how amazing the management is and all your coworkers. You will definitely feel very supported. Workplace culture is amazing. It does get difficult sometimes with client cancellations and your hours each month not always being reliable but the management tries their hardest to find you more hours when this happens
Pros
Amazing socials, parties, cowrkers and clients
Cons
unreliable hours
Great atmosphere with great people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
What drew me to Spark was the genuinely caring people in the company. At Spark you get to work hands on, one on one with people and get to know them on an individual level. This isn't your run of the mill job where you talk to hundreds of people in a day, you really get to connect with people and help them out.
Pros
Amazing, caring workers
Incredible Organization!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
Working for Spark Lifecare has been such a great experience. I have never been part of a team, where each and every person is so encouraging and kind to one another!
Everyone is so passionate about what they do, and it shows in the work that it is done. It is truly a privilege to work for this amazing organization!
The job you've been looking for!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Joined Spark Lifecare with the goal of working within the health care field and helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
Fast forward to the present and its much more than I could have ever imagined. Spark Lifecare provides the opportunity to care and assist those in need. Spark goes above and beyond to match you as a caregiver to another with similar interests, goals and aspirations so that you may work within your skill set and provide the best care possible. If I'm being honest - this makes a typical day with Spark feel like anything but a job! I gear up each day excited for the challenges and excitements, knowing that I continue to grow and learn - just as my clients do.
Management goes way beyond the employer/employee relationship. Everyone plays their part and works together as a family.
Pros
Perks, advancement, individualized schedule
Cons
Irregular/unpredictable hours
Supportive/ genuine working environment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Working with Sparklifecare is a unique opportunity compared to previous places I have had the pleasure of working. As a spark employee you are not just a number in the system or an unknown face in the crowd you are treated like family and encouraged to have your individual voice heard. Spark allows you to work with a variety of clients and encourages learning opportunities and advancement. There are regularly scheduled staff events where every staff member is welcome to participate. This helps create opportunities to feel like part of a team and of course meet so many amazing people in a casual fun setting.
Pros
Employee status, benefits package, flexible hours, advancement /training opportunities
Cons
Varying hours
Never felt more at home.
Personal support (Current Employee) –  Arnprior28 January 2017
I have never felt more welcomed by a job before. Working for spark taught me that there is hope for the world and there are still decent people out there. Spark is more family than just any regular 9-5.
Pros
Amazing communication.
Cons
Being far away than everyone else in Ottawa.
Amazing team!
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Amazing team to work with! Everyone is extremely personable. Always looking out for your and the client's best interests. Spark outings, end of year party, spark credits and learning opportunities all keep the staff engaged and informed on all aspects of client care and makes one feel valued in the workplace.
Pros
Amazing team, amazing perks, schedule that fits to your lifestyle, spark credits, outings
Cons
Varying hours
The most fun you could have at work!
Community Builder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
Spark provides what everyone is seeking for in a job: the opportunity to help those in need and to have fun and be engaged while doing it. The management team makes you feel like friends and everyone is always available. There are a ton of perks that come with the job and a great culture. They give us so many opportunities to learn and develop our own skills to better ourselves and our clients. Truly the best company I've worked for!
Pros
Perks, advancement, good pay, working with variety of clients
Cons
varying hours
The best care organization I've worked with in 30 years
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa25 January 2017
To be able to balance putting both their clients and caregivers first in such a great way is amazing. Every single manager is available at the drop of a hat to help you and always looking for ways to encourage and inspire you. I am so happy to have found them.
Amazing work environment
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
People who truly care about you, the managers are so genuine and want to work with you to make the experience great for the clients and the workers.
Pros
amazing culture and work envirnment
Cons
client cancellations/unreliable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spark Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Spark Lifecare Reviews by Location