Spark Lifecare

Spark Lifecare Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
as an attendant care worker(PSW) my day would typically be clock in at clients home, care for client, meals, cleaning, laundry, transfers, take to therapy sessions, fill out shift notes)

as Care Partner oversee my client care and their PSW workers. Fill out schedules , complete reports, assessments and manage their files. Do daily and monthly check in with each family, insurance company to ensure all services are being fullfilled.
Part time hours began in 2017 and increased when the client required full time care after surgery. My employment of the past 3 yrs. has been enjoyable and professional. There has been several opportunities to participate in a number of learning and social forums, which some I have taken advantage of. Great company.
I have been with Spark for almost 5 months and I don't know where to begin… Their matching process is great! They really put effort into trying to ensure the best match for client and caregiver, which goes a long way. Management has been helpful and supportive. They're very client-focused and also very supportive of the people who work with them. When working with Spark, I feel like I'm part of a team. Spark is doing something different and I genuinely feel honored to be a part of it. The only problem with working with Spark is that I wish I'd found them years ago!!
Spark Lifecare is more than a team of incredible Caregivers and Care Specialists. Spark is a family that will give you a creative platform to grow, expand your knowledge and experiences in caregiving, and give you the opportunity to change lives through care. The gratification from seeing, knowing, or hearing how much you have helped someone is incomprehensible until you start.
You will hear of everyone's inspiring stories, and soon enough you are making your own. Even if this is not your forever job, you will grow mentally, spiritually, and emotionally alongside all of the other remarkable caregivers, which cannot be achieved at any other place like this. Spark really cares, and if you do too, this is the job for you.
I have only worked for spark for a short time and I already love the work/ the people I work with are amazing ! They make you feel like you belong right away and are always there to help any time you need anything at all. I am very lucky to work for this company.
I've only been with Spark for about a month at this point but I can honestly say the management here is full of the nicest and most genuine people. Although you work independently with clients you never feel alone or unsupported as there's always a great team of people who reply quickly and are very helpful. It's so rewarding to find clients you truly connect with, but keep in mind that it can take a while to get set up with a full caseload of clients.
If you're on the fence about applying, do it, you won't regret it!
I have worked in Spark lifecare for almost 5 years now it's a wonderful place to work at. So relaxing and fun during our socials. If u are happy working in a team then Spark is the best place
Pros
Socials and encouragement of workers with incentives
Cons
Few hours for beginners
Before I started working at Spark a few months ago, I heard about the company through Indeed! The more I learned about Spark, the more I thought man, is it too good to be true? An amazingly supportive work environment, the freedom in creating your own schedule, a matching process that connects you to clients where you can make the best impact, on top of the already satisfying and rewarding job of caring for others?! Amazing!! I am so thankful that I found Spark. They encourage you to be your unique and wonderful self, because they recognize it’s those factors that make you a perfect fit for the unique and wonderful clients that need your support!
Working for Spark is different than most front line jobs. The work culture is so amazing. There are seminars to learn from and outings with coworkers to enjoy. Supervisors and CEO are so great with communication and continuously working hard to make Spark better for both clients and employees.

At Spark, you have the flexibility to choose with who and when you want to work. One key thing about Spark is their ability to match workers with clients, which is important for long term working relationships.

The work culture and positive atmosphere both in person and while communicating through technology, and competitive wages are just some of the reasons why I’m still an employee after starting in 2016. I can’t imagine any other front line jobs as great as Spark!
Pros
Great work culture, management very interactive with employees
Cons
Job security is often based on client funding, expenses
Spark is unique for it high level of Care and client/caregiver matching philosophy.
You have the flexibility to choose the hours you work and locations in which you will and will not travel.

Sparks management team are very supportive ,educated and readily available when needed.

Community based supports where you work independently-however Spark has a wonderful team approach with a high level of communication.
Pros
Flexibility to choose clients/hours of work
Cons
Income can be irregular based on client cancellations/end of clients funding etc.
I've been working for Spark for almost a year now and I can honestly say that this is the best company I've ever worked for! They go out of their way to offer excellent care for their clients, making sure to match the best possible caregiver to the client.

Spark gives as much attention to the well-being and comfort of its workers as it does to its clients. This is something that makes them truly stand out!

As for the Spark workforce, everyone is treated like family. There are plenty of social activities and gatherings for you to participate in and enjoy.

Spark's team is always there to answer your questions and help you navigate through any challenges you may have.

If you're interested in helping others and making a difference, I couldn't recommend Spark enough!
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive pay, socials, seminars, many opportunities for growth
Cons
Spark Lifecare is a new grad’s dream. With flexible hours, a caseload you create, AWESOME care partners, competitive pay, and a work climate that is inspiring and interactive, Spark is everything that young professionals love.

Since working with Spark, I’ve been able to get creative with my practice as a Child and Youth Counsellor, and the care partners actually encourage creativity and thinking outside the box! This allows me to feel like I’m not limited to what I can do with clients.

Looking for work but are only available a few hours a week? Perfect. Spark allows you to choose your own clients and put parameters around where you are willing to travel to work with clients and they try and match you to clients who have similar interests and hobbies as you.

Look no further, because Spark Lifecare is the perfect fit.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible hours, friendly and understanding managers!
Cons
Lack of benefits
When I first came to work for Sparks, I had a pre-conception of what social work was going to be due to my formation in school. Each student was told what they were getting into and knew that the ratio of quitting was high. That concept would be changed through my experience at Sparks. I would soon meet up with a team and shown professionalism at it's best. Quality work and the friendliness of each staff members, who are involved and responds quickly in any given situation, help to work more efficiently. We are well trained and given the proper tools to take care of each client. Spark Caregivers who train, seem to be very interested in how well their employees do with their clients spread abroad the city. Spark has that team-work understanding and deals with clients and employees as their own. I enjoy that!
Pros
An ongoing vibrant team-work life.
Although I was only hired by Spark 3 months ago, I have never felt more welcomed and appreciated within a company. Spark staff go above and beyond to reach out to caregivers to ensure they are taken care of. The team behind the company are some of the most supportive, empathetic & genuine individuals I have encountered. The Care Partner staff ensure not only every client feels fulfilled and cared for, but they constantly reach out to caregiving staff ensuring we are always on the same wavelength of communication & show genuine appreciation and support for every step we move forward with our clients to lead them down the path of a healthier & more empowering life. Above all, Spark is a unique and diverse company that I am proud to work for and will continue to work for as I am also being guided down a very fulfilling career & life path of caring for others.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Spark Lifecare goes above and beyond to make sure employees feel included, appreciated, and have a fulfilling role on the team.

Everyone in any given role is treated equally, and is presented with amazing opportunities to advance their career and enrich it with new skills and rewarding experiences.

Spark does an immaculate job to ensure individual excellence for both the client and caregiver, and they are matched according to what common interests/passions/hobbies they share.

Love working for Spark, feels like family!
Pros
Seminars, socials, skill advancement/certification opportunities, sports teams.
I have been a member of the amazing Spark team for 2 years now, and can say without a doubt that I’ve loved every second of what I do. Spark’s image is rooted in the individuality of both clients and caregivers and developing Relationships and connects - laying the foundation for superb care.
I can be myself with Spark, and I am supported in working through my strengths and building on my weaknesses. Spark has become so much more than a job for me - but a lifestyle where I can do what I love: to promote positive change in others!
Pros
Individualized approach to client care
Cons
Irregular hours
I’m so grateful I get to work for such an amazing company, not only do they make you feel extremely welcome upon hire but they do truely care. They are always looking for ways to improve even if it’s already a great place to work. With spark you always have constant communication with the team and someone will always answer whatever question you have. The team is always there for you.
Pros
working in the community, pay rate & lots more
Cons
hours are not always consistent
At Spark Lifecare, both clients and caregivers are given so much care and attention that it ends up feeling like one big family. Everyone involved is deeply passionate about what they do, very profesional and always ready to tend to your every question, concern or need at the drop of a hat! Amazing company!
Pros
Great people, loving and caring atmosphere
Cons
At Spark I feel valued. I feel like the management team has my back. If a file that I work on ends, the team works quickly to fill in my hours. Spark is a team and it is easy to trust, communicate with everyone on the team.
Pros
The matching process = two for one. Not only are you doing a job you like, you get to work with clients that you share interests and passions with.
Cons
Not a regular 9-5, shifts may be on weekends, early in morning, late into evening.
I’ve been working with Spark for quite a while now, so I’ve had the privilege of seeing so much change and growth. I’ve stayed with Spark because their main goal is to match clients with appropriate caregivers. This is so important because many clients are looking for long term support with caregivers that they can actually connect with. Spark is dedicated to improving their company as a whole including communication, use of technology, problem solving and getting involved in the community as much as possible. If there’s a problem, they want to fix it! Lastly, as a frontline worker, I don’t ever feel alone. Spark puts on fantastic socials and group learning activities so that you can get to know your coworkers!
Pros
Socials, group learning opportunities, amazing culture, competitive pay, great communication within company and so much more!
Cons
No guaranteed hours/clients
I have been with Spark for about a year and a half and have nothing about amazing things to say about the culture, management, and overall experience while working here. The team has gone above and beyond to make me feel like a part of the family and fully supported and appreciated in everything I do since the very beginning. Working for Spark gives me the opportunity to follow my passion of helping others every day, along side a team of great people who share those same genuine passions. The leadership team is extremely supportive of following your dreams and works together with you in building a career that is best for you. They invest in their staff, and provide ample opportunity to learn (including various training seminars) and grow as care givers. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing about working for Spark!
Pros
Great culture, Very competitive pay rates, Room for career growth, Supportive leadership team and staff, Incentive programs, Team events
Cons
The hours can be inconsistent at times