Spank Clothing Employee Reviews

Great workplace in general, fun environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2019
Spank was a fun job while it lasted, I just didn't mesh too well with the sales style, which was a bit awkward/pushy for my taste, but each to their own. Manager was a lovely person, sometimes a bit intense but really great with some good communication. Coworkers all really fun and friendly- overall a great place.
Pros
Employee discounts, friendly coworkers, nice environment
Cons
Suggestive sales, which for some is really tricky to do
Amazing place to work!!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 February 2018
Spank is an amazing place to work!!!
Janna the owner is incredible and her drive to succeed is an inspiration.
The staff is fun and loving and each and everyone of them brings a unique flare to the store.

Great working environment - I would recommend this job to anyone!!
Great place to work!
Team Leader, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2017
This was my first retail job and within the year of my employment I have learned so much about the ins and outs of the fashion retail world. I found I was able to exceed my own expectations and grow in this company. This job is a great boost of confidence for anyone starting out in the industry.

I was hired as a Sales Representative/Key Holder and quickly advanced to Team Leader. The Spank team is diverse and I found it easy to build long lasting friendships with my coworkers. The schedules were amazingly flexible and the discounts and contests (prizes!) are worth not making commission. The in depth training made me comfortable starting out and I found it easy to accomplish sales goals.

One of the things I loved was selling locally made designs. The owners of the company are always asking for your input in the latest trends and styles and the inventory is constantly evolving. Each store space has its own unique character signature to the Spank brand which makes merchandising all the more fun.

I really enjoyed working for Spank. This is truly a job for passionate people who love fashion and love to express their own creativity. Thank you so much for having me on board!
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible schedule, team building
Awesome job and Management
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2017
I worked for Spank Clothing for over a year, and I really enjoyed the position and work environment. All the staff and management are super nice and the atmosphere is very friendly. I was always treated with respect and I was able to make strong connections with my coworkers and the clientele as there are many amazing regulars to get to know.

As a Sales Associate / Key Holder, the training provided me with everything from learning basic opening and closing duties, cash handling, inventory, receiving and customer service skills; including the in and out's of how to professionally sell. There is always room for growth and improvement in this position. Since it was non-commission based, there was never competition for sales, allowing the staff to work as a team. Staff is encouraged to be honest and have fun with the customers, and that really encouraged more meaningful connections with people. It's really fun making someone feel beautiful and confident through clothing!

The only down side is it can get slow at times in the middle of the week, but the manger always had tasks to keep us all busy, so you'll never be just standing around...which is nice. No one wants to stare at the clock! On the other hand, it will be so busy at times, which can be challenging but really fun and it makes the time go by fast!

The Management is very professional and the owner genuinely shows care for all her staff. The owner constantly takes input from her staff for buying advice, and really values our opinions. A great place to work if you have interest in fashion and merchandising. In
  more... addition, there are several contests for staff to reward good sales, no hard work ever goes unnoticed. Overall, I felt very valued as a staff member for this company.  less
Pros
Fun! Flexible hours, contests, discounts, great training, skill development
Cons
Occasionally slow traffic periods
Great company, great people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 August 2017
I have worked for Spank for the last 5 years as a sales associate and it is one of the best work experiences I have had working in retail.

Other than the benefit of getting amazing discounts on beautiful locally designed clothes and having a flexible schedule, the management, and the owners are super friendly. This is the main thing that attracted me to work at Spank, as the benefit of working for a small family owned company is that you are able to develop that personal relationship with the management and owners who really make you feel like a part of their team.

You are constantly asked for your input on the inventory, and merchandising which is great for those who have a passion for design & fashion.

Only negative is that Spank is not commission based, however, this makes the work culture more focused on building relationships with the customers and not on competing for sales. At the same time, for those who like some competition, there are lots of opportunities to win prizes during various between stores competitions.

Overall, if you love working with people and you want to have a chance to actually contribute more to a company than just sales, Spank is a good place to work at.
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada9 August 2012
Spank is a wonderful boutique company in BC. It was a great experience to work there as it gave me experience in retail, however I felt as if there was no room for me to grow in the company.