Spa Lady Employee Reviews

Spa Lady is the most irresponsible Gym I've ever experienced,
Member (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall25 May 2018
very irresponsible manager and office staff; their free-trial is a big lie; don't let them have your credit card information. The reception desk girls are neutral to unfriendly; they ignore you waiting to ask a question.
not much advancement
Childminder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
The most enjoyable part is that you can bring your child to work with you if they have days off school. The salary is minimal and there are no benefits.
Wonderful career
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
I started with this company as a young girl, and it taught me everything I needed to know about sales, customer service, problem solving and how to achieve great things. I learnt invaluable things here. Life skills that will help me forever .
club management unfair, and play blame games.
Spa Kids Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
I was a very hard working employee. Agreement was a couple shifts a week. Ended up working daily. I didn't ever want to leave because it was a job I could bring my child to. After they fired the manager or the kids club, they asked me to move up to help them take her spot. Manager never helped train me into the position properly. Refused to give me proper back up in dealing with the employees that were under my supervision when it was needed.

i left because they didn't think it was as big of a deal as i did when one of the workers on shift had her daughter (age 6) on shift with her. her daughter took my 2 year olds clothes off and said they were just having a naked dance party.
Cons
don't handle things properly.
3.5 stars
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
Gym level management employees and environment are warm, friendly and welcoming. Upper management and corporate like to micromanage, pester you on days off and spam you with emails to "keep you on track"
One of the lowest paying gym jobs, and commission payouts are extremely low or not done. Relatively high staff turnover.
Free courses and training is a huge bonus. You get to mostly make your own schedule within reason. Weekly split shifts and monthly 12 hour shifts are done by most employees.
Work days were enjoyable and all gym goers were very friendly.
Pros
Fun friendly environment
Cons
low pay, odd or long shifts
It used to be great!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
The women who are members of the gyms are amazing! Most of the staff that I have worked with are friendly, hard working and compassionate people. The problem isn't the gym, it's the overwhelming pressure to make sales that make the environment very uncomfortable.
Pros
free membership, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, intimidating sales
Decieving and Rude
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
By far one of the most rude and confusing companies I have ever worked for. Management is incompetent. Even after asking for information to be provided many times, it never was and then you get blamed for it. Unrealistic expectations for cold calling (100+ a day. Even though they say they don't do cold calling), will not provide you with any tools to make yourself successful, must provide unrealistic amount of natural market leads and then criticize when your leads are lacking.

Some of the staff are amazing. Unfortunately the bad ones out weight the good for anyone joining this unwelcoming team. Better have tough skin and know a LOT of people needing a new gym..
Spa Lady
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
Learning new machine's, how everything works
Being introduced to clients
Teaching and showing clients how everything is done, giving help when needed, keeping track of all paper work and staying organized
Pros
Free gym membership, friendly faces, teaching
Cons
Na
Great group of girls, awful management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2016
Definitely thought spa lady was the place for me. Within my third week of work. It quickly went down hill. I was being blamed for little things because I was never trained properly. The turn over rate is probably the worst I've ever seen.

The pay is horrible for basically managing the front desk. No room to advance in the company. At all!

One minute people are acting like your best friend and the next your getting blamed for something so silly. Especially with a environment of just girls there was too much drama.

Management does not have enough life experience. By far the worst I've worked for. The VP for spa lady is evil!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Minimum wage, bad environment, management needs an upgrade
prodcutive and good evironment
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
I love that I get to work while im actually working with my clients.

and my co-workers were very supportive.

the hardest part the long hours and convince people their health issues is more important then the money their spend.

I enjoy that I get a free membership
Pros
good pay, kept me healthy
Fun, caring work place
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
I love working for Spa Lady. The only reason I am applying is because I have a 2 year old son and need a Monday to Friday Job. they really care about there employees and clients.
Terrible soul crushing
Fitness consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
This job is great if you have never work anywhere else in your life and you don't need money.
Most of the time you will feel unimportant, disrespected, and put down by management. It is a great job if you don't mind pressuring people into signing contracts but you will have a very difficult time meeting your threshold for commission.
If you have self esteem issues this is not the job for you.
If you don't have self esteem issues you will.
Pros
You can meet wonderful staff members
Cons
You are a number and there is very high turn over
Awesome team environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  calgary8 May 2016
Awesome always work together to make the v=customer experience a better one and improve on the ones that dont meet expectations
great environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2016
awesome great environment and management. I love my job there i would not leave if i didn't need a job in my field of study.
A lot of pressure at work to hit sales target
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Century park22 September 2015
Good place to work at if you work well under pressure. Must hit target sales and have to service a members. Show them workouts and etc.
Great customers, terrible management
Child Minding (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2015
I definitely enjoyed working with the different children and parents. My colleagues were a blast to get to know and work with, and I will continue to grow those relationships. In the end, there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low Pay, Not eligible to recieve benefits
Disrespectful management
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 January 2015
South Edmonton Spalady is the worst and most mentally draining place to work. Especally upper management who does not take the time to properly train employees. Other fitness consultants who are also very new train you and show how to "properly" use the machines, which resulted in an injury. In the interview the manager herself says it is a constant "revolving door " , and now I understand why. It is 100% commission based and if you work over time, they do not pay you those hours. There goes your personal/social life. The more you sell the more you make, but if you don't sell to bad so sad.

Management should be properly trained, especially learn how to RESPECT their employees and members.
Pros
Great Members
Cons
No Training, Long hours, Disrespectful Manager, Drama
Low pay, high turnover
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2014
Not great company to work for, not compensated properly. Better off at McDonald's flipping burgers.
Cons
Long Hours
review of Spa Lady
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2014
Great! I enjoy working there and the ladies that work are amazing people.
use of my knowledge
Fitness Consultant, I (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2014
This job has made me very confident with what I know, however it was very hard to balance this and school, so I am looking for a long term stable job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spa Lady. Our community is ready to answer.

Spa Lady Reviews by Location