Southland Transportation
Updates from Southland Transportation:

Southland Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada416 reviews
Featured review
Southland Transportation selected this as a representative review
Great Employer
I was warmly welcomed the minute I walked into the office. Excellent training and ongoing support. I love driving the busses, they are well maintained and in good shape. I love being a part in the lives of the children, and do make a difference in their lives.
Pros
Professional Work Place
Cons
Money is not great but rewards come in many other ways.
Seasonal job
Southland translation is a nice company with good management but it’s very low income which doesn’t help someone with family support here and back home like I do
Work by yourself with a crew behind you.
If you like children it's a great opportunity. You work independently driving these students to and from school and get to know a little about each of them. They form a bond with their driver.
It’s a decent place
Job is suited for part time and retired folks or those who need the commercial driving experience. Pay isn’t great but the hours aren’t long and you can bring your kids with you if childcare is a issue. Overall I enjoyed my time there but not really a career long term type job.
Drove school bus for CLN (special needs children). Was the receptionest for the CLN Glenmore office
I truly enjoyed my route and the children/parents on my route we had lots of fun and the experience was very rewarding. Working in between my shifts I was the receptionist at the Glenmore office. There was always something to do but the management there always made work fun and appreciated. I enjoyed my time there very much.
easy nice job for semi retired people
its part time job with nice work place .provide training management is overall good . i start working may 2019 and its very good experiece learn lots of thing .
Very good
Very good company to work. Always help you when you needed. I really enjoy working there. Routes are well planned. Management is very helpful. Thank you 😊
Great Experience!
I met a lot of great people! So incredibly organized, everyone was very kind and respectful. Really enjoyed my time with Southland and especially the CLN folks, they work tremendously hard. Just remember, you get out what you put in, and smiles are free.
Satisfying
Driving is a very satisfying job, the problem comes in the pay dose not justify the amount of time put into prep and waiting.
It takes a special person to be able to relate to the children and have uneventful trips.

If you can’t be on time, you can’t be consistent, be understanding that we are not all the same, driving a school bus is not for you.

The problem is because of the pay, there is a shortage of drivers so anyone who walks through the door becomes a driver.
Caring and Safe Environment
I would recommend working as a school bus driver for Southland Transportion. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management and staff were very supportive.
Make sure school bus was pre-tripped before driving out to some small rural towns outside of Okotoks picking up children from Kindergarten to grade 6
Picking up children from Kindergarten age through to grade 6.
Management was very good. I learned some new skills about how to work with young children and those with special needs and how to operate wheelchair ramps and securing them. The worst part of the job was the bad winter weather and the best part of the job was the children
Poor management
Wage is very poor. Management is a joke. Bully’s. And I say that strongly. Leadership is definitely not there. They way your treated and spoke to is not acceptable. Management won’t take responsibility for what they have done wrong. They always play the blame game.
stressful job.
they need to get a better management system management only care about some people . 4hrs a day doesn't make sense to me they need to figure out something for the drivers it was very stressful to deal with the kids and have to pay bills on that little funds.
Very hard place to work
You have to be willing to take bs from everyone to work here you are never good enough. Very early mornings and late nights you do not get paid for all the work that you do you have to be willing to be yelled at by parents by staff by the children do not give you enough training on how to deal with people there should be better requirements for busing students you should be able to change as you feel necessary and they will not allow you to do anything they do not pay you the overtime you strictly get paid for two hours in the morning and two hours at night doesn’t matter if it takes you five or six hours to do your job
Excellent
Retired from trucking and military life.
Excellent fit for me.

People, staff, drivers are great people very friendly.

School bus and charters available.

Excellent traing.
It was good training to get class 2
The management is not very good. They expect way to much out of us drivers with a low pay rate. You write up a request to get something fixed on the bus and half the time they did not fix it properly the first time. Some of the drivers did not listen to the rules that were provided and nothing got done about it.
Pros
getting Class 2
Cons
no one listened to the drivers that much
Poor Woorking Conditions
You Alwayys have to check your pay Stubs ,for missed hours ,Days ,Trips ,Subsidy Allowance (0nly pay 1 day for 2 days ,or 2 days for 3 days out of town), you have to chase after the .management for missed pay, they blame it all on Calgary and Calgary Payroll will not answer or return phone calls, Every Pay Check was Short money up to 450.00, it took over 4 months to rget caught up
Awesome
Working at Southland has made me more confident in my driving. Also has alot of great people to work for. There is room for advancement within the company.
Bus driver
The company does not give raises and the cost of living is very high at this time I need to get with the program and bring up the wages. They would ke
Pros
I am professional driver
Cons
The wages are not good I need to bring them up
Worst job ever
Worst company Ive ever worked for. Terrible management, absolute jokes. Treat techs like garbage. No respect. Company should be shut down and management thrown in jail.
Friendly Environment
I have only just started with Southland and so far everyone seems friendly in the yard I am based out of. I have had a couple of issues with pay, but one issue has been taken care of and I am still waiting on the other.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southland Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5