Southlake Regional Health Centre

Southlake Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Working at Southlake is both hard work but rewarding. Staff usually are helping you and communicating is on daily basis with management. Suggest you learn about working at hospitals
great management. they appreciate of your work. treat employee very well. recognize the employee and appropriate them. I was volunteering for 1 year at histology and enjoy it
Turn over rate is extremely high. No one has any respect to each other. The sense of entitlement is unbelievable. You will not be working with the same team for long as it is a race to the exit. You will either ever fired or you will quit unless you are part of the union, you can file a grievance.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Heavily unionized environment
Very fast paced and can be stressful at times but that has to do with the responsibilities of being an RN. If you work with a good line of RN it makes all the difference. You need team support and help and our manager is finally one that cares and is committed to making our work life manageable and enjoyable
Pros
Good manager, job security, team work
Cons
Lifestyle is hard on family life, burnout
I enjoyed being here and the people that I worked with. There are some issues with communication among management and staff as well as with family and staff sometimes.
if you want your skills to be sharpen after a not so useful schooling,get into the hospital be ready for a 12 hrs shifts and little breaks or no breaks at times
This is a nice place to work. It has an advantage of having the opportunity of job advancement. The management are very cooperative and understanding and most enjoyable place to work
Pros
Union and job advancement
Cons
No free lunches
Southlake is a typical hospital employer. Pay is not what it should be and is one of the lowest paying in the area. I would recommend working here as most of the employees are kind and fun to work with. Most managers are great and are willing to work with you if you have any issues that arise while working here.
Other then the salary for clerks at Southlake, I enjoy working here. Clerks are unionized there which is great, it is based on seniority for job searching which helps when you are looking to better your career. I appreciate my department and my manager. We have built a strong relationship. I have no complaints about the department and job I have here.
SRHC is a good place to work. I had a good manager who trusted what I did and did not micro-manage me. People were friendly and easy to get along with.
Southlake was a good place to work My collegues were very helpful It was very fast paced and never a dull moment which I enjoyed I was there on a contract for someone maternity leave There is a lot of turn over in the department I was in My Manager was also on maternity leave when I started, and came back near the end of my contract
Volunteering was good it got me the hours and experience I needed in order to pursue other jobs after I graduated university. I believe everyone should try and volunteer in their undergrad.
Wonderful colleagues...Amazing management and team who take the time to give you positive feedback. H.E.L.P clients make the experience unforgettable. You never realize the difference you make in someones life until they ask you directly when will you be returning. All the best!
Newer staff are self entitled and feel that they know it all and have no level of respect to the seasoned nurse. New nurses are not safe. Still love my job
Southlake hospital is a very goodplave to work, but the commute can be long if you dont live in the area, The other employees are vey nice and accomodating.
SRHC is a place where anything goes. There is no consistency in data collection or proper documentation. It is difficult in my position to do my job well as I often have to fix mistakes made by other employees.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons
Work Culture
Busy atmosphere, demanding, can be challenging, flexible hours depending on the department. Ability to learn new skills, be apart of a team environment.
Have had an amazing experience at student placement here. Everyone is super friendly and helpful in many different departments. They all are ready to teach and are open to new people!
Interesting place to work. Exposure to all ethnicities both staff and members of the public. A continuous learning experience and great interaction with colleagues.
Pros
frequent potlucks and staff gatherings
Cons
Not enough staff on the night shift.
Working with elderly is enjoyable and the shifts are flexible and easy to work around. Overall a great experience. The patients are a a lot of fun to be around.
Really felt part of the team, everyone was supportive and it really helped in my execution of my tasks and be able to deliver. Super friendly environment