Southlake Regional Health Centre

Southlake Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Tough work but rewarding
Working at Southlake is both hard work but rewarding. Staff usually are helping you and communicating is on daily basis with management. Suggest you learn about working at hospitals
Enjoyed my experience here
I enjoyed being here and the people that I worked with. There are some issues with communication among management and staff as well as with family and staff sometimes.
love working there
if you want your skills to be sharpen after a not so useful schooling,get into the hospital
be ready for a 12 hrs shifts and little breaks or no breaks at times
Productive and fun place to work
This is a nice place to work. It has an advantage of having the opportunity of job advancement. The management are very cooperative and understanding and most enjoyable place to work
Pros
Union and job advancement
Cons
No free lunches
Typical Hospital Environment
Southlake is a typical hospital employer. Pay is not what it should be and is one of the lowest paying in the area. I would recommend working here as most of the employees are kind and fun to work with. Most managers are great and are willing to work with you if you have any issues that arise while working here.
Southlake is a good place to work
Other then the salary for clerks at Southlake, I enjoy working here. Clerks are unionized there which is great, it is based on seniority for job searching which helps when you are looking to better your career.
I appreciate my department and my manager. We have built a strong relationship. I have no complaints about the department and job I have here.
I had a good manager
SRHC is a good place to work. I had a good manager who trusted what I did and did not micro-manage me. People were friendly and easy to get along with.
Very stressful and fast paced environment
Southlake was a good place to work
My collegues were very helpful

It was very fast paced and never a dull moment which I enjoyed

I was there on a contract for someone maternity leave

There is a lot of turn over in the department I was in

My Manager was also on maternity leave when I started, and came back near the end of my contract
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Southlake Regional Health Centre?
Volunteer
Volunteering was good it got me the hours and experience I needed in order to pursue other jobs after I graduated university. I believe everyone should try and volunteer in their undergrad.
H.E.L.P Volunteer
Wonderful colleagues...Amazing management and team who take the time to give you positive feedback. H.E.L.P clients make the experience unforgettable. You never realize the difference you make in someones life until they ask you directly when will you be returning. All the best!
Staff
Newer staff are self entitled and feel that they know it all and have no level of respect to the seasoned nurse. New nurses are not safe. Still love my job
Southlake hospital is a very goodplave to work, but the commute can be long if you dont live in the area, The other employees are vey nice and accomodating.
Needs Improvement
SRHC is a place where anything goes. There is no consistency in data collection or proper documentation. It is difficult in my position to do my job well as I often have to fix mistakes made by other employees.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons
Work Culture
Southlake
Busy atmosphere, demanding, can be challenging, flexible hours depending on the department. Ability to learn new skills, be apart of a team environment.
Great workplace and environment
Have had an amazing experience at student placement here. Everyone is super friendly and helpful in many different departments. They all are ready to teach and are open to new people!
Great place
Interesting place to work. Exposure to all ethnicities both staff and members of the public. A continuous learning experience and great interaction with colleagues.
Pros
frequent potlucks and staff gatherings
Cons
Not enough staff on the night shift.
Great experience
Working with elderly is enjoyable and the shifts are flexible and easy to work around. Overall a great experience. The patients are a a lot of fun to be around.
Wonderful place to workq
Really felt part of the team, everyone was supportive and it really helped in my execution of my tasks and be able to deliver. Super friendly environment
Wonderful place to work.
Southlake was a wonderful but challenging place to work. Due to an existing illness I was unable to work shifts anymore so I was forced to quit a job that I really liked and I was paid decently for and for the most part liked my job and my coworkers
Pros
Coworkers and helping others
Cons
Shift work
Terrible experience
Management did not provide adequate training to me. No formal or informal feedback given from my manager. Management instead of looking at the work flow and process issue, blamed the staff instead. Everyone was tired and overworked and under appreciated. The hospital has an archaic system of electronic health records and often orders would be missed because somebody couldn’t read a doctors writinng or just placed a patients chart in the wrong orientation. If only the patients knew! Lots of medical errors made giving me anxiety and worry about my patients everyday. After a month I was burnt out. Would not recommend since the employer doesn’t invest in your growth as a professional for how much effort you put in.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Management, poor staff support, poor communication and feedback process
productive, busy clinic.
Very busy in endoscopy clinic, completing up to 60-70 procedure per day. Experience with all ages and individuals with a variety of health issues are dealt with daily.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southlake Regional Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Reviews by Location