Southern Tea

Southern Tea Employee Reviews

Not a bad company. Money is good✅

Stay to yourself and make money. You can't go wrong with that. It's really an ok place to work, it just has to be what you really want to do. See for youself be your own judge.

Pros

Lots of money to be made

Cons

Like most growing Companies change is needed

Multicultural company with a great working atmosphere

Southern tea is a company where individuals are encouraged to learn and grow. Every layers of management makes sure that the plant works efficiently while responding to immediate and long term needs of their associates. The working atmosphere is fantastic, people are happy to come to work. Benefits are good.

Pros

A Company that feels like a family

Great Place to Work!

I have work at several places in my career. I can honestly say Southern Tea is one of the best to work for. From the great work life balance to the feeling of family, I believe the right employee can really thrive in this environment. I would highly recommend this job to anyone.

Productive workplace

Your going to work 10 til 12 hour shifts, they bring in temporary help if really needed the work pace is fast when the robots are broken. The work tempo is medicore if they are. Dont have too much outside things going on cause your expected at work 15 mins prior to your time of arrival.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No outside life/ short breaks minimal safety

Covid-19 is here

They make sure they let you know you are very replaceable management has no idea what they're doing probably because they're overworked and can't focus on one or two task the first case of the virus nothing worked on and as the virus spread they still continue to do nothing I quit I do not advise anybody else to work here

Pros

There's nothing good I can say about this job

Cons

They will treat you like a slave, they will talk down to you, they will lie to you, this company is a joke

Needs Improvement

The company needs major improvement. There is a lot of unfairness and inequality amongst managment to employees. Lack of management was also an issue. Pay was decent, but the labor could be extreme. Not a great long term career choice.

Enjoyed

Enjoyed the experience I had working with tea. Good environment just have to stay focused and don't worry about what other people say and you will succeed

Southern tea

Its according to the person and what they're willing to go through but to have work then not have work it's kind of hard to live off of in be able live

Management has no clue how to perform maintenance functions.

Management acts nice to you until you get in the door.. and then start micromanaging you and expects you to do way more than you're capable of doing..

Pros

Most weekends off.. pay is decent.

Cons

Nobody has a clue what they're doing

Didn’t like management

This job was not very pleasant at all random changes in hours workload and a different manager ever week it seemed like not recommending this job because of management

Good

Good company just hard work . Management was pretty good. They are strict. The pay was worth it and they did offer overtime there. They have flexibility in schedule.

I left for closer job

Very unorganized. Job title does not reflect on actual job description. If you're hired on, be prepared to do a multitude of tasks without warning or readiness. Jobs vary within the plant. If you depend on one field for employment then you will find it difficult to work here

Na

So unprofessional, dont give u the correct amount of break also shorts your break. Supervisor so dumb to whats going on. Dont have no one to teacher how to properly fix machine.

ok place

great place to work if you need quick money, for the long term not a good place to be.The jobs themselves are easy. The management is ok, but its not a long term place.

Pros

great starting pay

Cons

not treated fairly

beautiful place to work

I would recommend most people to get a job at Southern tea good pay good supervisors good floor management good leads good floaters most of all good environment. It's a good clean environment break room clean sanitize maintenance always on their job it's a great place to work.

Pros

we have pizza days and Thanksgiving and Christmas lunch and it's a beautiful place

Cons

it's fair with the breaks we have two 10-minute breaks and one half an hour break

Hard to advance

Southern Tea is a company to work for if you want a stable job & a decent paycheck, If you want to advance your career here you won't be able to do it.

collaborative work environment

laid back working environment. strong executive leadership but lacking great middle management which effects the level just below which are the work horses of the company.

Fast-paced manufacuring company

working with scheduling daily to determine how many lines are running and staffing accordingly learned a lot about working with union learned a lot about Lean Manufacturing fast paced manufacturing the current hours I work, I do not get to see my family studying a problem, getting a team of people to collaborate, solve the problem, and see improvement to the bottom line. Working with people to encourage and train... I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing people grow as a person and employee to add to their skills,, and become more valuable to the company

Pros

location 10miles from my house and great benefits

Cons

the shift I am currently working, I don't get to see my family

I was very disappointed with Southern Tea, LLC

After 32 years of working in maintenance, buying everything they needed to keep the plant going they did away with my job, needless to say I was very hurt.

Pros

We could buy tea at a discount

Cons

short breaks

great place to work

Tough job but it was rewarding. I worked in many different aspects of the job from, shipping to receiving to line work to sanitation. we were able to try out multiple teas.

Productive and monetarily satisfying.

Southern Tea Llc is a corporation that is fast paced ,interesting and family oriented.They are very focused on employee well being and company safety. Good Manufacturing Practices are always emphasized and adhered to.

Pros

Cons

Health costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Tea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement