Southern Alberta Institute of Technology

Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Canada169 reviews
Lots of Personal training & support available to succeed as a instructor.

I enjoyed the culture and team atmosphere!

Classes & Shops were properly designed to allow for balance between practical and educational experience for those teaching and those learning
Loved the environment i placed at. One on one with students was my style.
Although I loved the work i was doing, communication from the top end was never on the ball.

Information was always sketchy and not very clear.

My team lead at the time was trying his best to keep the team informed but even he was not sure on what was going on as CEO's were never clear.
Pros
Was a good work environment
Cons
Hard to get a raise
SAIT is a large institution and employee experience varies from department to department. My area, Alumni and Development is a positive and collaborative work environment.
I was a contractor for SAIT and came recommended, therefore an interview was not really required. I did a specific task for six months and then was not renewed. Overall I was able to perform my duties with minimal supervision and enough trust and respect to feel very productive.
Pros
Great work/life balance, working from home.
Cons
Management seemed to change, a backlog of work made things a bit stressful
SAIT is a very practical school that offers a lot of instructor support. Although supportive in my career, could maybe have a better transition from collage to career.
Very busy workplace, multitasking an asset, most enjoyable times was interaction with students and instructors. Gained a lot of knowledge on the workings of a post secondary institution.
Very enjoyable place to work I would really recomend it.
The culture of the work place is very relaxed and friendly.

I really enjoyed working there,
I was working with a small team which was separate from the rest of SAIT which made it different experience from elsewhere on campus. It would have been a dream to stay, but budget cuts sent me packing. I hope to find another team that works together so well in a healthy workplace environment.
admin duties, a great place to work. great management, great instructors, productivity is rewarded, great team building opportunities, students are amazing.
I loved working for the SAIT Calling Program. Each supervisor was incredibly accepting and nice. It helped expand my customer service skills and gave me the ability to talk to amazing alumni who love SAIT as well. The hardest part about the job was getting consistent donations from the alumni as not everyone can contribute. I loved working with everyone and having frequent group activities which helped motivate us for the calling shift.
Nice place to study and work.People in here very nice and friendly. Nice lab in overall! However, old instrument using but still go to use . Good place for studying as it will give you many experiences before graduating
Great institution with amazing staff. Everyone is very helpful and willing to work together to help students succeed.
Access To support and supplies.
just there.
unionize

Educative

you will meet different people

work time is flexible

lots of holidays and flex days

food on campus is expensive

things can be slow..

lots of bureaucracy
it was a good experience i learned a lot of commissioning skills as i was under very well known operators in the province. the experience i got moved me up for sure
The Centre for Innovation and Research in Unmanned Systems is a great place to work, especially for practicing remote sensing applications, processing aerial images, etc
Collaborative work environment with work life balance, benefits and pension. Salary however is not at pace with the market due government salary freeze.
HATE IT! THE WORST. STAY CLEAR. HUGE CUTS. NO JOB SECURITY. The SAIT budget has been cut down so bad that the School is slashing everything. All new worker have been let go. Old Sr. workers with no ambition to do better
This job was about to determine the footprint of oil industry in certain terrains, especially for municipalities. The aim was to warn about what oil industry had left in the terrain so how it should be used given the fact that those equipments and wells were there.
Pros
Easy to find
Cons
No payment
Everything else about this job is great. Unless you’re ok with being micromanaged to the point where you want to hang yourself. Even if students are happy, you need good knee pads to work there. Of course politics runs rampant there too.
I would love to work here again as this was a temporary position.
People are great. Management is accessible. Advancement opportunities exist. Benefits and remuneration are excellent.
Good outfit, great coworkers. Would recommend to anyone. Best for someone confident in their professions knowledge base, good communicator and able to speak to a group.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology Reviews by Location