Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA26 March 2018
It's a faced paced environment .You get to meet different people everyday with different attitudes .You also get to meet great patients.They have a wide range of offices .
we worked as a productive team
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford12 March 2018
We treated our coworkers and patients with respect. We always made it a friendly environment for each other and tried to reduce stress when the occasion ariseed
Lots of MD support
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA2 March 2018
This urgent care/ primary care is a good environment for learning with good MD support. Great to have radiology capabilities onsite. Enjoyed working with other mid level providers
I worked with kids and it has been the best job I have ever had!
Patient Service Representative/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GA15 February 2018
Southcoast is a large medical group of several medical specialties. I work in pediatrics. It gets stressful at times but when you have a wonderful supervisor it makes all of the difference!!
Pros
Great supervisors, competitive pay, room for advancement.
Cons
Terrible health insurance for being a medical facility.
A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Southcoast. There was a special comradery with the other directors. I enjoyed my relationship with the Medical Director and the practice operations staff.
Pros
Collaboration and comradery
Cons
Being laid off
Enjoy working there benefits have changed
Environmental Services-Housekeeper 1 (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MA13 February 2018
I enjoy my job very much.I am concerned with the benefits as they have decreased substantially over the few years I have been there. I think this is a good place to begin a career, but dependent on what area you work in will determine how long of a career you can have with Southcoast Health.
Pros
direct supervisor is excellent
Cons
fewer/lesser benefits
Productive place to work
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA7 February 2018
I have been with Southcoast for a long time. I have learned so many different trades within those years. It can be a fun place to work and gives the opportunity to balance all the work that needs to be done. My current manager is wonderful. She is very flexible when it comes to her employee. The company is great place to build a career if interested in health care.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Management
clerical staff (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA31 January 2018
Poor management skills, constant turn around. Never room for advancement. No respect for employees. No empathy for families. All about money and money.
I loved my fellow nurses
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA25 January 2018
I worked on a very fast paced, high patient turnover floor. The staff, including secretaries, aids, and nurses were fantastic. Overall, we worked well together.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
It is hospital nursing, so it has its issues.
temp job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA 0271911 January 2018
great place to work. Learned a lot. Employee's were always willing to help. Learned all different area's of the AP department from the time you receive an invoice to be paid, to the time it actually gets paid
Southcoast Hospital Group in reference to only!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton Memorial Hospital2 January 2018
I would definitely say due to my own experience it is a great place to work with the advancement to learn and grow!
On the down side is being short staffed like anywhere else.
Varied opportunities available and great benefits
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA7 December 2017
Secure positions available for those that don't mind working hard. Alot of variety available for shifts and career advancement. Great benefits and time off.
Pros
Time off, benefits, variety of available positions and advancement.
Cons
I don't have any cons regarding my employer
Certain MA's were great to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA4 December 2017
Enjoyed the patients...loved interacting with the patients...they become familiar to you and you develop friendships forever with them...particular MD's were great working with...
Cons
No breaks as an MA
Southcoast cancer center is the best!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA23 November 2017
Southcoast cancer center is the best place in the world to work. May i start with the best patients!! Loving and caring here is wonderful. Medical assistants and nurses are beyond wonderful. And of course the phlebotomist!! No complaints!!
Pros
Patient care, co-workers
Cons
The pay and not enough help
Proactive and busy workplace
Team Lead, Systems and Storage Architecture (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA13 November 2017
Overall busy atmosphere working in hospital environment with lots of projects to manage. Continuous improvement and work on new technologies with opportunities to grow.
Busy and stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA4 November 2017
busy, stressful, poor support from management/admin
like many companies, cutting back on benefits
frequently missed breaks and meals
increased call time
Poor communication from senior leadership
Director of Clinical Engineering & Technology (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts23 October 2017
Some good healthcare, but a difficult place to work. Constant rounds of down-sizing and financial pressures made this a challenging work environment.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
organizational culture
I work alone and I like it
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MA22 October 2017
I work at a time of day where there is only a need of 1 phlebotomist. Management stinks and pay is very low compared to other hospitals and we are a union where we should have better pay.
Pros
working alone
Cons
management stinks, low pay
Fast Paced!
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA16 October 2017
Overall a great company to work for, however, location is key to your success. I would recommend a specialty department or one of the many smaller locations!
Pros
Multiple Locations
Cons
Depends on Location
Worst Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA17 September 2017
The co-workers were petty, the office manager didn't know how to run an office, some doctors were inconsiderate and would show up late to run 2 hours behind and still continue to take breaks to make people wait(if brought up to the office manager we get the write ups), and SPG has a low pay rate to deal with bull.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, petty co-workers, horrible office manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.