South St. Burger

South St. Burger Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
My location had mostly students and I think they really should hire more adults. Working with students did not offer up enough time in for a shift/ most would quit not too long after getting hired.
Horrible hours
Manager hires on unnecessary people and gives them all out hours

Free drinks

The manger puts you on break an hour after you start even though you have 4-5 hours ahead of you
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad hours
Closing can be challenging because it all depends on how busy we are on that specific day. I like how our food is freshly made and the work that goes behind when prepping the food.
Great work environment
great training

clean environment

good hour flexibility

very chill place to work

management is very good

great place to grow
Pros
50% off everything
Cons
rush hours slightly stressful
South St. Burger was one of my favorite places I have ever worked the staff treated each other like family. I learned the true spirit of customer service while working there because the entire staff always made sure that the food going out to customers was up to great standard. We all worked very hard to ensure the customers needs were met. If any problems arose from customers we tried our best to correct the situation as well as compensate them for the inconvenience.
Pros
Free fries and drinks on shift. Great staff discount
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Great first job in my opinion. It taught me organization skills, working under pressure, and handling tough situations. Great food, great people and location.
The location I worked at gave me terrible hours, the staff is extremely rude, they are only nice to you when it benefits them so you do their work for them. It is a clean workplace but the manager and supervisor are rude. The supervisor yells at you for the smallest thing or doing one mistake.
Pros
you get free drinks and fries
Cons
terrible hours
Good for new workers but terrible hours. Wouldn't recommend full time because they keep cutting hours, and the staff is a mess. EASY work but its an awful work place.
The job was pretty easy to learn and there was always a positive environment. Customers were repetitive so it was easy to get the orders correct. Working there overall was fun.
Pros
A discount on food
Cons
Employers are constantly changing
I enjoy working here as the co-workers and our superiors are cool.
I've learned how to work efficiently and diligently under pressure for six to then hours.
Pros
50% employee discount
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South St. Burger?
feeling relax during work but Christmas, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, New Years, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick’s, Diwali, Yom Kippur, Eid-Al-Fitr, Valentine's Day – chances are you’re working. Date night? Birthdays? Oh yea, those too. But just because you’ve missed the actual day, doesn’t mean you have to forego the holiday entirely. On your next day off, make time to celebrate with your friends and family, just as you would on the regular day, as long as the holiday permits. That way, you won’t feel like you’re missing out.
I had a really fruitful learning experience at South St. Burger. I got to know how to greet, talk and answer to the customers. I also developed my co-operation and communication skills while working with the fellow staff members. I also got a chance to improve my time management skills as I had to manage my studies with work. Overall, the experience had been really constructive for my personal growth
Management treats their employees very well. They are kind, respectful, and understanding. They are the best bosses I've ever had. The only reason I left was because of school.
I have been working for more than two years. Management is good. when I needed to days off for my studies, they tried to give me time. very flexible and friend environment
Pros
free fries and drink
There is always something to do, whether it's attending to customer's needs, or cleaning up after them. It's critical to keep watch at all times to see if anyone needs help.
Working at south street burger was definitely a good experience I learned how to prep food and dress food at an effective paste also the environment was great very friendly the hardest part of the job was definitely memorizing our menu other than that everything was just fine unfortunately the hours were very short.
Pros
50% off and catering for the Red Blacks
Cons
very short hours
South st id a great place to work if you are a student needing a part time job. Has flexible ours and many locations to choose from.