South St. Burger Employee Reviews

Fun environment, efficient staff
FCA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
South St. Burger was one of my favorite places I have ever worked the staff treated each other like family. I learned the true spirit of customer service while working there because the entire staff always made sure that the food going out to customers was up to great standard. We all worked very hard to ensure the customers needs were met. If any problems arose from customers we tried our best to correct the situation as well as compensate them for the inconvenience.
Pros
Free fries and drinks on shift. Great staff discount
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 January 2019
Great first job in my opinion. It taught me organization skills, working under pressure, and handling tough situations. Great food, great people and location.
Terrible workplace
cash (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 September 2018
The location I worked at gave me terrible hours, the staff is extremely rude, they are only nice to you when it benefits them so you do their work for them. It is a clean workplace but the manager and supervisor are rude. The supervisor yells at you for the smallest thing or doing one mistake.
Pros
you get free drinks and fries
Cons
terrible hours
Its okay
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 June 2018
Good for new workers but terrible hours. Wouldn't recommend full time because they keep cutting hours, and the staff is a mess. EASY work but its an awful work place.
An amazing place for a first job.
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 June 2018
The job was pretty easy to learn and there was always a positive environment. Customers were repetitive so it was easy to get the orders correct. Working there overall was fun.
Pros
A discount on food
Cons
Employers are constantly changing
Was a fun workplace
Front Line Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 June 2018
I enjoy working here as the co-workers and our superiors are cool.
I've learned how to work efficiently and diligently under pressure for six to then hours.
Pros
50% employee discount
good place for work
Grill Cook/cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2018
feeling relax during work but Christmas, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, New Years, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick’s, Diwali, Yom Kippur, Eid-Al-Fitr, Valentine's Day – chances are you’re working. Date night? Birthdays? Oh yea, those too. But just because you’ve missed the actual day, doesn’t mean you have to forego the holiday entirely. On your next day off, make time to celebrate with your friends and family, just as you would on the regular day, as long as the holiday permits. That way, you won’t feel like you’re missing out.
A great learning experience
Front-line staff member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 April 2018
I had a really fruitful learning experience at South St. Burger. I got to know how to greet, talk and answer to the customers. I also developed my co-operation and communication skills while working with the fellow staff members. I also got a chance to improve my time management skills as I had to manage my studies with work. Overall, the experience had been really constructive for my personal growth
Love management
Part-time worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2017
Management treats their employees very well. They are kind, respectful, and understanding. They are the best bosses I've ever had. The only reason I left was because of school.
best
front server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
I have been working for more than two years. Management is good. when I needed to days off for my studies, they tried to give me time. very flexible and friend environment
Pros
free fries and drink
Challenging workplace with constant multi-tasking
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
There is always something to do, whether it's attending to customer's needs, or cleaning up after them. It's critical to keep watch at all times to see if anyone needs help.
Very fun and effective work place
Cashier,Dress and Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 May 2016
Working at south street burger was definitely a good experience I learned how to prep food and dress food at an effective paste also the environment was great very friendly the hardest part of the job was definitely memorizing our menu other than that everything was just fine unfortunately the hours were very short.
Pros
50% off and catering for the Red Blacks
Cons
very short hours
Review summary
General Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
South st id a great place to work if you are a student needing a part time job. Has flexible ours and many locations to choose from.