South Shore Regional School Board Employee Reviews

Gteat place to work
Bus driver / mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS20 January 2017
Great place to work long term employment management is horrible don't know there jobs but the employees are great always ready to lending a helping hand
Pros
Time off
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace for the most part.
Custodial (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, NS18 October 2016
This job is a very repetitive, hard on your body job. I enjoyed seeing the kids everyday, but not a life for a family! Co workers are great. Most of the management is pretty decent!
SSRSB was a very good job. I liked everyone I worked with.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS27 July 2016
Friendly co-works, and being busy is all I ask. Helping people is my main priorty with a friendly smile. I'm a cheerful person and always have a smile for everyone.
great work environment,great people, great children!
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  lunenburg,ns11 October 2015
I love working for the school board. I love helping children learn new things and help them discover their hidden talents. I also enjoy tailoring their environment to them to ensure that they can meet their potential. My coworkers are fantastic and supportive.My work day involves helping a blind autistic boy safely navigate through his day and ensure that we as a team are meeting and supporting his needs. Each day he enjoys swimming and is supported by two people in the pool to ensure maximum safety at all times. I love seeing how much he enjoys the water. It is a wonderful feeling to try to help a child facing so many challenges , and even more wonderful when you are able to brighten their day or help them through a specific hurdle they are facing.
Pros
satisfaction from helping children learn and grow
Cons
short hours, very low pay.
I was a substitute Administrative assistnat traving to all the schools in the area
Substitute Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS25 April 2014
A typical day would consist of waiting for a call , and then getting ready to go to that school. Intrudocing myself to the principal and find out what needed to be done for the day. Answered phone, direct peopel to correct areas, and any typing, filing, sorting that neede to be done. Everyoone place I went was great to work with. the hardest part was wondering if you would get a call to go to work that day. the best part was going into a place and being told that you did a fantastic job.
Pros
working with alot of people
Cons
not knowing if you had work that day
I enjoy working with others,I am very easy and outgoing person
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS3 July 2012
I enjoy talking etc... with co-workers and management a typical day at work is meeting the little one's with a smile and saying good morning to start there day positive and being respectful of others .Every day you learn something new about something.
Pros
kids and meeting new won's, good job
Cons
career change