South Riverdale Community Health Centre

South Riverdale Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
My greatest achievement was that I became confident to work in the social service sector in Canada. Develop my skill and knowledge in working with people from diverse communities.
A typical day was busy doing regular task . I did not learn much because I prefer to do working in hand and get families however the culture I found here they try to do homework and next day ask how much I remember based on my study.
Pros
Not appreciable
It was one of my best place to work. This position was very fulfilling, had the opportunity to wear many hats at the same time. My co-workers was great team players. The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
It was great to be able to work with the multiple departments with in the same sector
Cons
Growth was not readily available
Working admin at SRCHC is a typical admin job. Reception and providers work together as a team to ensure that clients receive excellent care. What is very unique at the centre is how much the respective teams care about their work, each other and the clients. It makes for a great work place. Unfortunately I would agree with the previous review regarding management not respecting the reception team. Management picks and chooses favourites, its completely unethical... Management also does not like when staff have legitimate health issues, be it mental health or physical health. All in all SRCHC is a nice work place and work environment doing great things for the community with a very sour management team.
Pros
beautiful center, amazing providers and staff
Cons
horrible management
Wonderful staff and management. I learned a new program, Nightingale OnDemand. The hardest part is seeing people really sick but the most enjoyable is seeing new babies.
I was supported and motivated by my co-workers and supervisors. I learned how to run workshops and how to be a good facilitator.
The employees and clients at SRCHC have a special relationship. Everyone knows each other, helps each other and appreciates each other. The only problem with the company is the upper management. They are only interested in their own departments and because of that other departments suffer. They have very little respect for the reception teams in the centre. They undervalue them and dismiss their capabilities. Advancement in the company is available to everyone except for the reception/administrations teams. It seems that they are not deemed qualified to do anything else and often looked over for advancement.
Pros
great peers, great community. great benefits
Cons
subpar management, little advancement
This job is a temporary part time position teaching people how to self manage their chronic disease.
Pros
New challenge
Cons
Not in my field
A typical day at work would be organizing my daily task. Prioritizing and multitasking as he day progresses.

I leaned that patience and understanding is great asset in my work environment.

Management are great listeners.

Fantastic co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is the commute

The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of clients, duties and co-workers
Pros
my co-workers being great team players
Cons
the commuting distance to and from work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Riverdale Community Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3