Source Office Furnishings Employee Reviews

Incompetent managers lack of training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2018
Managers don’t know there roles and blame the employees or other departments management. Lack of training and then make it the new employees fault. There is no one to assist if you need help. Management is hard to find when you have questions and your support staff is not there. The amount of work does not get justified by the compensation. Overall bad
Pros
Cons
Managers
A typical day
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
Check my e-mails for incoming jobs; prioritize my work for the day; create 2D & 3D line drawings, perspective renderings, cost worksheets for the sales reps; meet with vendors; manage the sample and literature cabinet; distribute marketing materials amongst the three stores; draw showroom plans of displays.
Pros
Barely a lunch room;
Cons
Long hours; little room for advancement
Fun place
Service Technician/Delivery & Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  brampton24 October 2017
Good work/life balance
Fair compensation.
Great Management.
Benefits.
Understanding Staff
Weekly Updates.
Always considerate of your life.
Needs to polish up in certain areas.
Pros
Work Life
Cons
5 weeks vacation not possible.
Busy but Enjoyable Enviroment
Distribution Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
An incredibly busy distribution center with a pretty good team that works well together. A fun but challenging environment, with tremendous opportunities for career advancement.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Great co-workers and the funniest job i have experienced yet. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun and talking with other workers. Very easy and well paying job.
Great work/life balance with a 5 star team!!
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 June 2016
I feel lucky to work with such a great team of indviduals not only in our local office but all across Canada. The owners and management take the time to show an interest in each staff member and encourage professional development. I think the most enjoyable part of this job is the work/life balance and support to live a healthy lifestyle among all staff members. There is an open door policy which leads to all levels of management being very approachable. Source is in a great location where we can ride our bikes to work but still catch a glimpse of wildlife out our windows!
Pros
Great co-workers & the Accounting team has very funny jokes.
Cons
It is near impossible to resist the donuts and the coffee.
Balanced environment with a great team
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 May 2016
Source has been an great place to show up to everyday. The management team is one of a kind. They do not want anyone to be bored or overworked, and are very helpful shifting tasks to keep everyone balanced. They are quick to respond with tools for advancement and with helpful tips and tricks for streamlined work load. They are very considerate of personal matters without being nosey or invasive. They put effort into building a star team and currently we have a excellent group of co-workers; we're like a little family. The communication between not only Head Office, but within each branch is notable. The company also believes in healthy lifestyle and encourages it. We take part in Bike to Work Week and at Head Office a secure bike rack was built to keep our transportation safe. We have team BBQ's and a patio for lunch time use that was built with a little garden! The time spent at the office is happily balanced between work and fun, and I plan to stick around!
Pros
Appreciation and mutual respect
Cons
Patio got torn down for city road construction
Friendly, supportive working environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 April 2016
This company is one of the best I've ever worked for. Management is very approachable and go out of their way to make sure staff are succeeding and feel supported. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded, and there are opportunities to take on new tasks and responsibilities if you want them. It's a very collegial atmosphere, and I've enjoyed building great working relationships with people in my own location as well as at other stores. It's a great team and I'm really happy to be here.
Pros
Friendly, fun, respectful environment
awesome company
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
source office provides competetive wages and all the employee here are very helpfull and fun to be with.they provide various training for you to be more flexible in different jobs.
buen ambiente de trabajo
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2012
trabajar para source fue una gran experiencia ya que todos los dias era un reto diferente como era entrega a domicilio siempre trataba con diferentes personas pero cuando mi permiso de trabajo expiro tuve que regresar
Pros
buen sueldo
Cons
solo tenia 1 descanso

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source Office Furnishings. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2