Soul Restaurants Canada Inc (KFC/TB) Employee Reviews for General Manager

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Fairly good place to work
My position is General Manager of the store (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 June 2012
A typical day at work is going in early to see if anything out of the norm needs to be done, print out forms needed for the day, balance cash floats, open registers, check emails, start up equipment in kitchen and expediting areas, prep items for opening, go to bank, work packing station, after lunch during slow time, do computer work. (schedules, forecasting, labor planning, etc), help prep for supper rush, work over supper, observe overall operation (Kitchen, customer service & expediting) watching for ways to improve operation in all 3 areas, coach employees in all areas when needed.
Go home for a couple of hours and then go back to restaurant to help close up (close registers, deposit, send daily numbers to Head Office, and then lock up. The hardest part of my job is the long hours I put in. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with people, coaching team members and having the opportunity to talk to satisfied customers.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, underpaid, bonus scale not set up fairly, no pay increases