Soul Restaurants Canada Inc (KFC/TB) Employee Reviews

had an okay experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
worked with the company for 3 years. started as a customer service representative. got promoted in 2017 as a shift supervisor. have been working with customer service for 3 years all in together
Pros
free lunches
Friendly staff, flexible hours
Part-time Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 March 2018
I love the friendly staff, the flexible schedule
I learned about time management and prioritizing.
The hardest part is finishing cleanup and then having to cook again.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
no 8 hour shifts for part timers
Well Organized Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
I have been working with Soul Restaurants for more than a month and it been an amazing journey so far. The management of the company is highly cooperative and flexible. The work environment is very positive and employees are extremely cooperative.
Pros
Insurance Incentives and perks
Cons
Pressure during busy hours
fun and friendly
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2017
fun, friendly, reliable team mates, good working environment, hardest part is the training newly hired employees, enjoyable part is dealing with customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less salary
Great staff
Restaraunt General Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON5 April 2017
Co-workers are awesome to work with, you become close in a restaurant where there is not an overwhelming amount of staff. Pay is not anything above minimum and benefits are not that great. Stressful at times as it is understaffed quite often.
Pros
employee meals and a discount
Cons
long hours, low paying
Do not care about the front line ppl
Multi Brand Unit Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 October 2016
They do not care about the front line team. The only thing that matters is $ in the register. Do not support the store managers, team members or area managers. Very poor work family life balance.
Pros
Cons
Uncaring upper management
Not a good place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
I don't like the culture of fear that exists in this company. My managers were constantly stressed out because of the pressure from their superiors.
You never get credit for a job well done.
It seems that no matter how hard you work for them, it won't be good enough.
I did like the contact with the customers, I got a lot of praise from them, in terms of the customer service I gave.
Most of my shifts were about six to seven hours, and I rarely got even a ten minute break. Once a week I got a half hour for lunch, because they don't keep enough staff to cover breaks
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, no break
Teamwork
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON21 October 2015
Being a shift manage sometimes is tough and stressful when customer make some complaints or if they are not satisfied with their orders. Happy and productive if team members are doing their job correctly and if the customers are satisfied with our service.
productive and fun workplace with great responsibility
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 June 2015
My day would start with analyzing last year sales and following the product control sheet to coach and guide the team to prepare for the peak periods, so we can provide customers with great food without and delays and a great service. Giving team members their daily up- selling incentives and reviewing the current promotions with the team. Assigning the team with specific tasks and responsibilities to accomplish during the shift. The shift would follow with keeping up with the product and hospitality along with entering invoices and making orders and it would end with counting the inventory, entering payroll , balancing shifts and making a daily deposit. By working here i have learned how to lead a shift with great responsibility and leadership. It was an exceptional experience, because it taught me how to deal with different attitudes in a fast pace enviroment demontstrating speed an accuracy. It also taught me how to exude a positive attitude inspite of the stress.
not a place to look for a long term work
not to be proud of (Former Employee) –  durham21 May 2015
no culture, no ethics, only promises made by senior management, they want you to work for free for 55-65 hours. Store Management is considered as slaves, the area manager only promises but does not give, when time comes to give he shows you the front door.
good working condition
Banking Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 January 2015
A good company to work with

Management is good also as well the co-workers
Small, fun establishment
Cook/Prep, Cashier, Packer (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON13 January 2015
I enjoyed working at KFC, it was a small establishment. I got along with everyone, and was able to work under any stress. While working at KFC, our managers for switched and we all were able to work with the change, and adapt to everything. There was always a routine that we had to follow whether you opened or closed. It was a lot to remember but easy as time went on.
Not a career I would recommend
RGM (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 September 2013
The company is not supportive of it's managers or teams and sets unrealistic goals. It does not give the restaurant teams the tools needed to do the job well. Managers regularly work well in excess of the 40 hours they are paid for and receive no additional compensation or time off. No performance reviews or wage increases have been done in over two years since the company purchased the franchise. Managers and team members are expected to do 2-3 times the amount of work expected at any other fast food/quick service restaurant. Managers must work 2-3 team member positions for their full shift and are expected to also perform all management duties at the same time.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, all employees underpaid.
Fairly good place to work
My position is General Manager of the store (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 June 2012
A typical day at work is going in early to see if anything out of the norm needs to be done, print out forms needed for the day, balance cash floats, open registers, check emails, start up equipment in kitchen and expediting areas, prep items for opening, go to bank, work packing station, after lunch during slow time, do computer work. (schedules, forecasting, labor planning, etc), help prep for supper rush, work over supper, observe overall operation (Kitchen, customer service & expediting) watching for ways to improve operation in all 3 areas, coach employees in all areas when needed.
Go home for a couple of hours and then go back to restaurant to help close up (close registers, deposit, send daily numbers to Head Office, and then lock up. The hardest part of my job is the long hours I put in. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with people, coaching team members and having the opportunity to talk to satisfied customers.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, underpaid, bonus scale not set up fairly, no pay increases