Soul Restaurants Canada Inc (KFC/TB)

Soul Restaurants Canada Inc (KFC/TB) Employee Reviews

Salary is not competitive compared to other jobs of the same role. Slow advancement. But people are friendly... Company owners are very approachable.
Stressful,unappreciated,overworked, expected to work outside your job title for (example, plumbing repairs, dining room repairs, lighting fixtures) expected to work without proper safety equipment. Would never work for this company again, they try to leave you with nothing after giving them many hard worked years, never give workers comp, very greedy low budget, they closed my restaurant 3 days after Christmas and told us 2 weeks before Christmas.
Overall fun fast paced work place awesome management team I enjoy working at soul restaurants its equal opportunity employer and looks after its staff and customers alike.
Mostly work opening and closing shift - for Opening prep for the day was mandatory - ensure that all machines are turned on and operating properly Closing shift mainly focused on the cleaning of restaurant and inventory check for following day. Worked on team schedule once a week and coordinated employee need for change
Profit and Core audits are only 2 important aspects in KFC. Stores are not doing well with Soul and new Director is not very good. No one cares for operations people and frontline staff. Just cut our hours and demand more
Very poorly ran...Colonel Sanders would not approve Upper level management us clueless and powerless. They try to run stores remotely. And have systems in place that are unattainable.
Pros
Nope
Cons
KFC/TB is a great place to work unless you are a supervisor or manager. You will be constantly scolded for not sending people home or not doing extra cleaning although they don't provide adequate staffing to support this.
Pros
Nice supervisors
Cons
bad CEO
Overall good experience unfortunately the constant changes in management and policies contributed to lack of organization and there was no job security.
The ONLY good thing I have to say is that if you have seniority over other employees or are a student they are flexible with scheduling. Company reducing the amount of hours available per store leaving one person doing multiple people’s jobs, slowing down service and ultimately being screamed at by customers for the whole shift. Have to be scheduled for a minimum of 5 1/2 hours in order to get a 30 min break. Management SUCKS - no professionalism - general managers and area managers talk very poorly behind employees backs but don’t coach the employee on what they’re doing wrong/how to fix it.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Everything else
Physically demanding job, but overall fun culture is set in a restaurant. Pay rate is just above minimum so staying long is not desired. Possible opportunities for advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Soul Restaurants Canada Inc (KFC/TB)?
Worked for the company for 12 years and was good for the most part. A bit tight with labour and inventory but there was wiggle room when needed. Continuously changed the culture there without giving enough time to gain an momentum on any one given idea.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
work/life balance not the greatest
A good place to start your career. I got to learn a lot about handling cash, customer issues, contacting vendors, reporting food safety and equipment failure issues. The job requires you to give all of you in return for low payrate which would not motivate anyone. Its a fast paced environment and got really hard to work with low staff. The top management gives you unrealistic targets with sometimes very low staff which would not be achieved in real life scenarios.
Every day is different,as we meet different type of customers each day. However, its challenging and dealing with them is great fun. The working environment is superb and I just love working there. It has helped me enhance as well as use my customer service skills.
Pros
working environment
worked with the company for 3 years. started as a customer service representative. got promoted in 2017 as a shift supervisor. have been working with customer service for 3 years all in together
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I love the friendly staff, the flexible schedule I learned about time management and prioritizing.The hardest part is finishing cleanup and then having to cook again.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
no 8 hour shifts for part timers
I have been working with Soul Restaurants for more than a month and it been an amazing journey so far. The management of the company is highly cooperative and flexible. The work environment is very positive and employees are extremely cooperative.
Pros
Insurance Incentives and perks
Cons
Pressure during busy hours
fun, friendly, reliable team mates, good working environment, hardest part is the training newly hired employees, enjoyable part is dealing with customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less salary
Co-workers are awesome to work with, you become close in a restaurant where there is not an overwhelming amount of staff. Pay is not anything above minimum and benefits are not that great. Stressful at times as it is understaffed quite often.
Pros
employee meals and a discount
Cons
long hours, low paying
They do not care about the front line team. The only thing that matters is $ in the register. Do not support the store managers, team members or area managers. Very poor work family life balance.
Pros
Cons
Uncaring upper management
I don't like the culture of fear that exists in this company. My managers were constantly stressed out because of the pressure from their superiors. You never get credit for a job well done. It seems that no matter how hard you work for them, it won't be good enough. I did like the contact with the customers, I got a lot of praise from them, in terms of the customer service I gave. Most of my shifts were about six to seven hours, and I rarely got even a ten minute break. Once a week I got a half hour for lunch, because they don't keep enough staff to cover breaks
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours, no break
Being a shift manage sometimes is tough and stressful when customer make some complaints or if they are not satisfied with their orders. Happy and productive if team members are doing their job correctly and if the customers are satisfied with our service.