Soroc Technology

Soroc Technology Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Productive and self motivated work culture
Meeting multiple clients. Understanding there problems and trying to resolve it. Working on everyday's target. Fulfilling new hire requirements with software installation.
fast-paced environment
things happen quickly and continuously. You may find yourself moving from one task to another without much time in between.
friendly environment. usually you're going to work more than one expected.
Director is not to the standard
Director stress too much with less employees with lot of stressful work slave the people is best way to explain.

Asked to work while on vacation period but asked to book the vacation by the Director due to the less staff during 2018 Christmas and New year and mentioned that I will be paid or the vacation day will be given in 2019 but the payment or the day wasn’t compensated. Laid off with no advanced notice reason was for the layoff was merging of two teams to one.
Shipper/Receiver
This company pays you peanuts. I have never seen a company that expects a shipper to stand on their feet for hours on end to package or to cut out labels from a cardboard box so it can be re-used. There are cameras everywhere and management sits at a desk and watches you work all day, even your bathroom breaks are timed. Constant work and being micromanaged by way too many people from management. Safety issues where people in slippers are walking around the warehouse where forklifts are passing by.
Nice place to work.
Nice and quiet place to work. But its fast pace and very busy during the work hours.
Very helpful team to work with. Overall very nice place to work.
good place to work but not well-paid
good place to work but not well-paid .more works but not good salary .also they can easily fire you when they do not have projects .Good place for getting experience .
poor
it was not a good experience. They are passive agressive and dismissive and they all suffer from hubris. If I had real skills I would not apply here as IT skills are in high demand now and they are not a good spot to leverage them.
Micromanagement, Fake Smiles with a Plethora of Stories Behind Your Back
Staff here are enthusiastic and nice but we have confirmed many times over that this is just a mirage. Some people in the Management Branch needs adjudication due to their no so desirable traits and attitudes towards employees of less tenure.
Pros
Professional Atmospheric Conditions
Cons
Everything Else
Stress free work place
I would like to have back ground music to create a stress free environment.
Employees get together at least once in a month may be for lunch or dinner or for some fun stuff.
Na
work pressure is high. No annual increments. Peers are friendly, Benefits are good. No annual bonus incentives
management is not open to any feedback. there is no career progression
Roller coaster
When there are projects and you were liked by the scheduler you worked made good money. Whn contracts were on hold no pay for months and months at a time. Ok as part time fill in work.
Pros
Good when there was work.
Cons
Racest scheduling.
Little room for advancement
No salary increases, no bonus structure, no yearly increases. Negotiate your salary upfront as it typically will not increase over time. Work life balance is this companies strong employee benefit.
Good Company , Good people
I was with Soroc Technology for almost 5 years and I met alot of good people. At that time management changed few times that rocked the boat of stability of work and sanity. I stayed in touch with most of the people that were there ( still some are). I used to say I will never leave but when you look at your career and future you have to think ahead. I loved the work with computers/ laptops/ printers/ servers/networks but it when it came time to upgrade I got blocked by management and decided to move on. I don't think its companies fault for that but certain individuals that worked there at that time.
Company did treat me with respect and I got my certifications with them, they were my stepping stone in my career and I couldn't of done it without them. Thank you Soroc I appreciate my time with you.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Negative people
Great work life work balance
Nice place to work. No bonuses or annual salary increases. Negotiate upfront and enjoy. Like any other company the internal politics will need to be navigated.
Pros
Working remotely
good place to start
great company to develop entry level I.T skills.
the work is somewhat repetitive, and does require a degree of physical dexterity. if you are interested in Getting into I.T go for it.
Productive & Family like environment
Great overall company that is willing to help all its employees and is very understanding. Willing to help from work problems to life problems in general. Really good comany
n/a
No review to mention

All the above great at the company!
Great place to be exposed to many facets of IT and Project Engagement
I had worked for many years at Soroc, the company is full of opportunities to learn grow and advance in any position you choose. I was fortunate enough to work from home on occasion, which is a plus.
Cons
Hours can be long
Work at Soroc
on Bad weather, like snow
Meet time schedule

Communicate with management time to time

Respect other

Wait third party response

Completed work with satisfaction
Cons
Beaucoup d'heures et de déplacements
Travail majoritairement seul sur la route. Beaucoup d'heures de travail. Travail gratifiant.
no career growth. way behind in technology for an IT company.
No appreciation from senior management.
You are expected to work non-stop until you go to bed.

Upper management have no vision. It is who you know and not what you know.

Upper management always make quick, emotional, and uninformed decisions then end up throwing you under the bus for their mistakes.!
Pros
none..
Cons
Back stabbers. over worked under paid