Sorbara Group of Companies

Sorbara Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Working for Sorbara for over 10+ years was amazing at first then the new VP came. He was arrogant, obsessive, inappropriate and overall a bully. He would make you feel like scum if you didn’t bow down to him and kiss his you know what. He would call you all hours of the day (evenings and weekends too) just to chat and talk smack about other employees. The job at first you felt secure then with him in charge, everyone was disposable.

Management is on a high horse there! Beware!
This place is an absolute nightmare. The management is disgusting there is no coordination, there is poor scheduling and they seem to care more about courtesies then warrantable deficiencies… Beware from the moment you’re hired your disposable. I’ve never worked for such an unorganized joke of a builder. I brought in a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge and I was told my ideas and solutions were “stupid”. It’s quite pathetic actually. I really tried hard here but if your managers are failing you fail in turn. Every customer service experience had me with egg on my face. No communication.
Pros
They offer some incentives
Cons
No co-ordination no organization
Management rules with an iron fist. Your comments and ideas are not welcomed. They are not interested in promoting anyone.Turnover is extremely high and that's the way they like it.
Pros
Office staff are very nice and helpful but get flack from management if they leave their chair.
Cons
Group benefits are offered but you have to pay, They have a couple of staff lunches and a holiday party that is mandatory, no communication or support from the office to the construction staff, If you complain or make a suggestion you get fired
Started off as a decent company, went severely downhill over the last year and a half.

Management treat site employees as disposable peons. They'll promise you the world then lay you off out of the blue on a Friday before a long weekend.

Whenever someone at corporate soils the bunk, the site guys will pay for it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor corporate management
Sorbara is a great company to work for. Great people and there is never a closed door. Wonderful place to work.
Never had an issue with anyone and they are always open to new ideas.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sorbara Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4