Sony

Sony: 130 Employee Reviews

Canada130 reviews

Found 130 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,060 reviews
productsalestoreteamenvironmentlearnserviceexcellent

Fun and very interesting place to work. Lots of free stuff. Management in Japan but still very accessible.

Great place to work. Huge company with offices all around the worlk. Lots of free stuff. Management in Japan but still very accessible. Lots of off-work activities with the team.

Pros

Free stuff, Pay is good, Conditions are good too, Coworkers young and interesting, Lots of occasions to learn and grow with company.

Cons

Sometimes very busy with lots of short notice projects, Lots of drama every year on April 1, New fiscal year = lay offs

Fast but fair

Enjoyed my time with Sony as a contract HR Generalist. My boss was great and we recruited many staff. Sadly the project we worked on was cancelled due to changing consumer demand.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Commute

Insights into Sony

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Enjoyed working at Sony

I enjoyed working for the President of Sony. I found it was a very professional comfortable environment to work in. Employees were helpful and was offered permanent position. Declined - working contact.

Pros

Subsidize lunch and free parking and relaxed environment to work in.

Cons

Salary lower than I made contract.

The best experience

Sony was a wonderful company and enjoyable place to work at. I would work for Sony in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. Employees were treated fairly and benefits were amazing.

Best Job Ever

You don't get hired by Sony , you get adopted by the global family. This role was my life's best achievement, and I will always be proud to be an ambassador for Sony. There is no company like it.

No room for growth

Zero chance of growing in this company, but what could you expect when all of the jobs available get taken from people who are coming from other departments closing because they have "more experience".

fun at work

Sony is a good place ot work,you have comfortable work environment,evryone is supportive and cool to work with.you can learn a lot of new softwares and work

Contract - Good work Environment.

Excellent Products and Services. Working with many Clients and Customers. Each day had excellent challenges and reviews. Great People that work in each area of Administration. Great Hours and Fair Pay.

Overall great company, strong recognition in the industry

The canadian division was great working with great senior management, culture, life balance. However many layers of management diluted important ideas, concerns how to improve situations.

Refer to Resume

Please refer to resume for more information or contact me if needed. The company is good and offer the right environment. the environment that ranges from management until HR.

Enjoyed my time here

Nice call centre to work in. Great team of managers and peers during my time there. Nice building with a cafeteria offering breakfast, lunch and snacks at a cheap subsidized price. Employee store to buy Sony products at a discount.

sold electronics

sold electronics and received commission - worked with all men and training on new products and gadgets - items overpriced and customers didnt buy - did negotiate as much as possible

Fun place to work but management could be better.

There was a lack of communication between management and the staff, resulting in a real miscommunication of what is required. Management is located in another town and rarely came by the venue, so they were blissfully unaware of the practicalities of the job and what was required. Too little compensation for the amount of work to be done by one person.

closed down

Company is now closed down. Was a challenging job with lots of overtime. Long hours and fast paced production environment. Its a shame it closed down.

Review of National Product Manager, Presentation Display Systems

It was a good learing experience to learn the Professional Video Side of the business that became the base for my sales career in professional Audio Visual applications. I was able to learn about new technology in a different market space.

Pros

I learned a new Product Category as a Product Manager

Cons

There were several layers of Management and litte autonomy to do my job

Fun workplace

I enjoyed my time working there and learning about Cineplex. I was trained in various positions and was handling food a lot. I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes in movie theatres. It was a great first job to have.

Cleanest warehouse

Great place to work. Clean facilities and top of the line equipment and forklifts. Good benefits and pleasant management. Good OT opportunity in the xmas season.

long time ago

enjoyed myself loved working for them .I was busy .they offered to authorize as a warranty repair center and let me got out on my own as a warranty repair center and they would close down.

It used to be a great gig

Difficult place to work when you have a boss that has favoritism for few people and your work is never exalted. It used to be a great place to work but once the US took over everything changed for the worse.

Pros

good products

Cons

low pay, upper management

Fun company to work for

Pleasant workplace where people were friendly and understanding. Shifts were flexible and easy to trade with other coworkers. Regular events to keep the workplace fun and interesting.

No longer open stores were closed down

Was a great place to work back in the day. New and exciting electronics to sell. Management was a challenge to work with and commissioned sales floor caused some problems between sales staff occasionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement