Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Management reviews

Canada12 reviews
It is good to be a part of Sony Pictures, where each employee get recognization time to time and awarded too. Good to be a part of Sony Pictures. Management is also supportive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Lots of talented people work at Sony. There are lots of events and food put out for employees. The support you get at Sony is extremely on point and fast.
Weak management group with lack of vision and inability to foresee oncoming issues. Leadership group tended to let you fell empowered but where truly clueless as it pertained to understanding the nature of discontent amongst the workforce.
Pros
Hollywod
Cons
Terrible Management
A typical day involved overseeing the day to day operations of the studio, including troubleshooting issues that could hinder production schedules, short and long term planning, interacting with external vendors and other departments at Sony.

I was responsible for implementing and rolling out new projects in such areas as large scale build outs, security, health and safety, green initiatives, studio ramp up and down (headcount could fluctuate plus or minus 100 employees within a month).

I was also heavily involved in planning and hosting studio events. Internally there would be 2 company events a month, and larger external events would take place on site a few times a year.

Although I supported over 750 people at the studio, my team consisted of 6 direct reports. I partnered with other departments at Sony to ensure we operated according to company policy and procedures.

In terms of facility management, I oversaw the operation of 3 buildings, with over 80k square feet. I worked closely with the building engineers to troubleshoot mechanical issues, and, if needed, facilitated bringing in outside vendors to address the issue.

I was responsible for managing the facility operating budget, and oversaw all studio accounts (excluding production accounts).

No day was ever the same, which made the position interesting and challenging!
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sony Pictures?