Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Great
Animator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2018
Lots of talented people work at Sony. There are lots of events and food put out for employees. The support you get at Sony is extremely on point and fast.
SPHE is an indifferent place for employment
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Weak management group with lack of vision and inability to foresee oncoming issues. Leadership group tended to let you fell empowered but where truly clueless as it pertained to understanding the nature of discontent amongst the workforce.
Pros
Hollywod
Cons
Terrible Management
Great atmosphere and amazing environment.
Animation Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2017
They care about their employee's well being. They have very friendly staff and staff dedicated to making sure the work place is nice and manageable. The environment is filled with many great artists who are willing to help you improve.
Pros
free snacks, fruits, coffee and tea. Friday breakfast.
Wears Multiple Hats
Director of Studio Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2016
A typical day involved overseeing the day to day operations of the studio, including troubleshooting issues that could hinder production schedules, short and long term planning, interacting with external vendors and other departments at Sony.

I was responsible for implementing and rolling out new projects in such areas as large scale build outs, security, health and safety, green initiatives, studio ramp up and down (headcount could fluctuate plus or minus 100 employees within a month).

I was also heavily involved in planning and hosting studio events. Internally there would be 2 company events a month, and larger external events would take place on site a few times a year.

Although I supported over 750 people at the studio, my team consisted of 6 direct reports. I partnered with other departments at Sony to ensure we operated according to company policy and procedures.

In terms of facility management, I oversaw the operation of 3 buildings, with over 80k square feet. I worked closely with the building engineers to troubleshoot mechanical issues, and, if needed, facilitated bringing in outside vendors to address the issue.

I was responsible for managing the facility operating budget, and oversaw all studio accounts (excluding production accounts).

No day was ever the same, which made the position interesting and challenging!
Pros
Always learning something new
Challenging Entertainment Related Job
Digital Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2014
Amazing opportunity for a movie promotion related job, with new challenging digital media planning, new partners to work with, and a variety of movie types.
Pros
New challenge with every movie promoted
Cons
Long hours and too much pressure
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 January 2014
Worked between 2 locations. Great people
I would work there again if I could.
Pros
People
Cons
worked out of 2 offices
Great place to work.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 July 2013
A very well put-together team, pretty much all pulling in one direction; refreshing lack of office politics.
Pros
Good, well motivated people.
Cons
Somewhat creaky data systems.
The Hotel Transylvania project should make its mark in the animation industry
CG Animator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2012
Hotel Transylvania was a rushed project, but we made it! Most of the animation was done in Vancouver, Canada. It is a good, fun, and young city to work in, albeit's winters are cold and wet. The summers are said to be fantastic!
Pros
stylistic animation
Cons
rushed