Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Sony pictures was a great starting block for me as I learned more about the workplace.
I didn't do as much hands on animating as I would have liked, since I was just an intern there , and now I have branched of into programming.

But It was still a gift for the ability to work in a recognized name in digital media, in any case.
It is good to be a part of Sony Pictures, where each employee get recognization time to time and awarded too. Good to be a part of Sony Pictures. Management is also supportive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Twas Good, so good in fact that I once thought that it was quite good. Upon further consideration I came to the realization that this was, in fact, an
Good
Cons
Not Bad
In this position I worked closely with various departments in the company. There is a wealth of training materials for individuals to move on to other paths in the VFX industry. Good work life balance and benefits.
Lots of talented people work at Sony. There are lots of events and food put out for employees. The support you get at Sony is extremely on point and fast.
Weak management group with lack of vision and inability to foresee oncoming issues. Leadership group tended to let you fell empowered but where truly clueless as it pertained to understanding the nature of discontent amongst the workforce.
Pros
Hollywod
Cons
Terrible Management
They care about their employee's well being. They have very friendly staff and staff dedicated to making sure the work place is nice and manageable. The environment is filled with many great artists who are willing to help you improve.
Pros
free snacks, fruits, coffee and tea. Friday breakfast.
A typical day involved overseeing the day to day operations of the studio, including troubleshooting issues that could hinder production schedules, short and long term planning, interacting with external vendors and other departments at Sony.

I was responsible for implementing and rolling out new projects in such areas as large scale build outs, security, health and safety, green initiatives, studio ramp up and down (headcount could fluctuate plus or minus 100 employees within a month).

I was also heavily involved in planning and hosting studio events. Internally there would be 2 company events a month, and larger external events would take place on site a few times a year.

Although I supported over 750 people at the studio, my team consisted of 6 direct reports. I partnered with other departments at Sony to ensure we operated according to company policy and procedures.

In terms of facility management, I oversaw the operation of 3 buildings, with over 80k square feet. I worked closely with the building engineers to troubleshoot mechanical issues, and, if needed, facilitated bringing in outside vendors to address the issue.

I was responsible for managing the facility operating budget, and oversaw all studio accounts (excluding production accounts).

No day was ever the same, which made the position interesting and challenging!
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Amazing opportunity for a movie promotion related job, with new challenging digital media planning, new partners to work with, and a variety of movie types.
Pros
New challenge with every movie promoted
Cons
Long hours and too much pressure
Worked between 2 locations. Great people
I would work there again if I could.
Pros
People
Cons
worked out of 2 offices
A very well put-together team, pretty much all pulling in one direction; refreshing lack of office politics.
Pros
Good, well motivated people.
Cons
Somewhat creaky data systems.
Hotel Transylvania was a rushed project, but we made it! Most of the animation was done in Vancouver, Canada. It is a good, fun, and young city to work in, albeit's winters are cold and wet. The summers are said to be fantastic!
Pros
stylistic animation
Cons
rushed