Sony Pictures Entertainment

Sony Pictures Entertainment Work-life balance reviews

Canada14 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Good work life balance and good benefits

In this position I worked closely with various departments in the company. There is a wealth of training materials for individuals to move on to other paths in the VFX industry. Good work life balance and benefits.

Wears Multiple Hats

A typical day involved overseeing the day to day operations of the studio, including troubleshooting issues that could hinder production schedules, short and long term planning, interacting with external vendors and other departments at Sony. I was responsible for implementing and rolling out new projects in such areas as large scale build outs, security, health and safety, green initiatives, studio ramp up and down (headcount could fluctuate plus or minus 100 employees within a month). I was also heavily involved in planning and hosting studio events. Internally there would be 2 company events a month, and larger external events would take place on site a few times a year. Although I supported over 750 people at the studio, my team consisted of 6 direct reports. I partnered with other departments at Sony to ensure we operated according to company policy and procedures. In terms of facility management, I oversaw the operation of 3 buildings, with over 80k square feet. I worked closely with the building engineers to troubleshoot mechanical issues, and, if needed, facilitated bringing in outside vendors to address the issue. I was responsible for managing the facility operating budget, and oversaw all studio accounts (excluding production accounts). No day was ever the same, which made the position interesting and challenging!

Pros

Always learning something new

Cons

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Challenging Entertainment Related Job

Amazing opportunity for a movie promotion related job, with new challenging digital media planning, new partners to work with, and a variety of movie types.

Pros

New challenge with every movie promoted

Cons

Long hours and too much pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement