Sony Pictures Entertainment
View all Sony Pictures Entertainment reviews

Sony Pictures Entertainment

Sony Pictures Entertainment Employee Review

Wears Multiple Hats

A typical day involved overseeing the day to day operations of the studio, including troubleshooting issues that could hinder production schedules, short and long term planning, interacting with external vendors and other departments at Sony. I was responsible for implementing and rolling out new projects in such areas as large scale build outs, security, health and safety, green initiatives, studio ramp up and down (headcount could fluctuate plus or minus 100 employees within a month). I was also heavily involved in planning and hosting studio events. Internally there would be 2 company events a month, and larger external events would take place on site a few times a year. Although I supported over 750 people at the studio, my team consisted of 6 direct reports. I partnered with other departments at Sony to ensure we operated according to company policy and procedures. In terms of facility management, I oversaw the operation of 3 buildings, with over 80k square feet. I worked closely with the building engineers to troubleshoot mechanical issues, and, if needed, facilitated bringing in outside vendors to address the issue. I was responsible for managing the facility operating budget, and oversaw all studio accounts (excluding production accounts). No day was ever the same, which made the position interesting and challenging!

Pros

Always learning something new

Cons

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

I loved my time at Imageworks!!

Sony Imageworks continues to be one of my favorite studios and best employment experiences thus far. They are dedicated to culture and employee satisfaction on a level I have not experienced elsewhere. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to other colleagues in the industry looking for visual effects or animation work, at a great studio.

Pros

State of the art facilities, Comfortable work environment with many amenities, Dinner typically provided during crunch/OT, Great coworkers, Lots of team & culture building exercises, and holiday events & parties, Employee recognition and appreciation, Competitive salaries & benefits packages.

Cons

None come to mind

Great Internship

Sony pictures was a great starting block for me as I learned more about the workplace. I didn't do as much hands on animating as I would have liked, since I was just an intern there , and now I have branched of into programming. But It was still a gift for the ability to work in a recognized name in digital media, in any case.
Same location

Good work life balance and good benefits

In this position I worked closely with various departments in the company. There is a wealth of training materials for individuals to move on to other paths in the VFX industry. Good work life balance and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement