Sonoco

Sonoco Employee Reviews

Excellent employer with great wages and benefits . Long hours but extremely rewarding work. Management was easy to get along with and excellent group of employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shift work
American based company used covid as an excuse to close up and move home . Good money days in the maintenance shop . Safety first after profit . Closed for good
irrelevant. The mill is shutting down permanently in June. What can I say, I enjoyed the time I spent there and I appreciated the opportunity to work there. I only wish Sonoco could have seen fit to keep the mill running as it was one of the top producers in the Sonoco family
Salary is very competitive. Workplace is challenging and rewarding. Great people, professional staff and fair environment. Chance for advancement for career minded individuals.
Entreprise valorisant la sécurité des employés et la productivité
8 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We will be sharing all the information you provided with regional leadership.We are glad that you have experienced a safe work environment! Thanks, again, for your review!
If you have a great work ethic than this company, its crews and the culture will work for you. Great training, overtime available and a good rapport between management and staff. Yes, you have to work hard and hard work has made the company successful and able to support its employees.
4 September 2019
Thank you for leaving your review! We love to hear from our teammates and about your experiences.
Run , don’t walk away. The air quality is the worst. The workers washroom , change room and lunchroom are disgustingly dirty and nobody seems to mind. The office washroom and lunchroom.....clean. The coworkers are mostly miserable. Everyone talks dirt about everyone. The money is just ok. You’ll work a 10 hour shift with only a 30 minute break. Your coworkers with seniority will treat you like dirt - yell and swear at you without any real issue from the managers. The workplace is way too small for the work that’s being done so you’ll constantly be moving stock from place to place all day long. Getting in each other’s way and blocking others work causes animosity and arguments daily between the workers. I only worked there for a short time but I could see the misery and frustration in the other workers eyes. It’s a sad , sad place to be. If you like working in a dusty dirty dungeon you’ll love this place. With so many jobs out there for the same money - save your time - your lungs and your long term health and just keep looking.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
You have to be in the dust and dirt for 4 days.
Pay is great. some of the people are wonderful to work with and will become your best friends. Some people will go out of their way to make you miserable, and management will turn a blind eye.
12 hour continental shifts. workplace environment is great. hardest part of the job is working night shifts. great benefits and job security. great place to work
Pros
every other weekend off
smell
if they dont have a rule for something they will make one up dictatorship........micro managers..the one in charge takes direction from south Carolina directly...cannot make a decisions on his own
J’étais sur la maintenance des machines. Je n'avais pas d'horaire fixe, mais une restriction, faire mes taches dans un délai de 3 jours. Donc, je ne vivais pas de stress ce qui était agréable. Quand mes trois coordonnateurs ce mettais en accord sur mon travail, tout allais bien
Pros
super avantage sociaux
Cons
trop de coordonnateur
I learned to value my work at Sonoco as much as I value my relationship with my co-workers because we work there as a team. I find it challenging sometimes in hitting our daily targets but thanks to our undrestanding management we're able to achieve it. I love working at Sonoco because we are like a family there.
25 May 2018
Thank you for your review! We are company that thrives on teamwork and believe in providing a safe, caring and fulfilling work environment - so we're thrilled to hear your experience mirrors our core beliefs. If you'd like to tell us more about your experience, please email us at connect@sonoco.com
I worked for a dynamic and motivated leader who was genuinely interested in fostering a culture of accountability and 'win-win' relative to employee relations.
Pros
work-life balance
The culture at the time was interesting, very rigid, not accustom to change or new ideas. Pay was ok at the time, my personal commute was terrible, the main reason I left.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Everything Else
They pay ludicrously well, but expect you to live for work. Supervisors will hold it against you if you can't cover a 12 hour shift at a moments notice.
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Treated poorly
Très sécuritaire motivant et un grand plaisir de m'être son expérience à l'œuvre dans l'exercice du management dans cette culture et cette structure
Pros
T'es belle structure
Cons
Je ne peux rien mentionné rien de négatif
Great company to work for. Advancement available if you are willing to relocate. In house training and education for those wanting to move up.
Pros
Salary and environment
Cons
Can work long hours at times
Worked for Sonoco after an acquisition of another leading company. Enjoyed my time there. It was hard work, but very rewarding, and if you worked hard you received recognition for it. If there was a location closer to where I live I would consider working there again.
Pros
Busy, the days went fast; formed great relationships with coworkers, Learned quite a bit about the industry!
Cons
Can't think of any at the moment
I enjoy working with all of my associates. Management is very supportive of any additional training required. They are also open to discuss any progressive ideas and will suggest any further contacts to reach out to to help support your ideas. What I enjoyed the most is being trusted to work independently to achieve a satisfied customer and a further return on business.
good time I learn a lot sometime we had more fun while doing work its really like a family safety is first priority health & safety award winner
Good Work Life Balance Lean Structure Hartsville is a small town so not much to do Good and Supportive co-workers Flexible work culture but depends upon your manager