Somerset West Community Health Centre

Somerset West Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
A Typical day is extremely busy with people coming for different services. I learned new clinical skills and respecting and acknowledging cultural differences. The management was well organized. The workplace culture was extremely friendly and encouraging.
I am impressed and haven taken so many positive things from my experience with Somerset West that I do not know where I would begin. Anyone that is looking for a nurturing environment to work in, looking to have colleagues that can be friends as well and that is still looking for a workplace where they can give their all: this is the place to be. I am grateful for everything that I've learned and was able to see and take in in my few months here.
Pros
$50 value towards staff health for example fitness club membership, yoga classes; lunch time relaxation activities such as Rumba dance class
I am in my office for most of the day, prepping and scanning old medical charts, and listening to music while I work.
I have learned the meanings of many medical terms and abbreviations after reading them in the charts. I would get curious about their meanings and search for them in my dictionary or on wikipedia.

The hardest part of the job is when the scanner breaks down and has paper jams all the time. It frustrates me when scanning time quadruples or quintuples.
nepotism over ability
easy mobility between departments and programs, admirable work with at-risk demographics.

limited acknowledgment of on the job training, support or consequence.
Pros
free trainings