Solutions - Your Organized Living Store Employee Reviews

Lots of negativity on here but I didnt see it
Management (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON4 July 2019
People get upset when things dont go their way and then bash on social media, oh well. I have a great time at work and like the people I work with
Pros
discount, training, hours and advancement if I want it
Cons
retail hours if you choose to work in retail, then expect it
Official response from Solutions - Your Organized Living Store
18 July 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we do try and create a great place to work and learn. We certainly hope more and more associates continue to flourish here and potentially advance further. Management are always available to discuss any concerns or advancement opportunities within the stores.

Best Regards
Human Resources

Don't waste your time
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2019
I do not recommend applying to this company. The company does not promote growth and development and does not offer fair wages. The comany also does not meet the minimums represented by Employment Standards Act.
Cons
No room for growth, low salary, does not meet Employment Standards Act minimums
Horrible Company- Listen to negative reviews
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
Management:
- poor communication
- do not care about their employees, owner will put on act at first like he does
- Treats his employees like garbage
- People in the office are scared to even ask to leave early
- A bully and extremely disrespectful
- Negative
- pays people very low and expects the world from them
- false promises
- lies ( do not believe anything he says)
- poor environment conditions at store level and in head office ( everything is falling a part and he refuses to pay people to fix these things)
- All management comes and goes as they please and do not get questioned, staff is not allowed to do so because you are told you will be " investigated" or in trouble
- There is no HR to turn to in the office
- No appreciation for anything
- Are to work all holidays and no chance of you leaving early
- NO BONUSES
- NO RAISES
-NO STRUCTURE
- NO REAL MANAGEMENT IN THE OFFICE
- everyone is miserable

Believe all the negative reviews you read they are true, you will regret coming to this place.
SAVE YOURSELF
Where to start.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 January 2019
I worked at a location for a total of 3 weeks. After only two shifts, I was “let go” for a miss communication between my training manager, another manager and myself. I have never been more upset in my life to be “let go” after only TWO registered shifts (other than my training days.) I was told by my training manager to listen to the new manager that had just come in. We had been discussing how great of a place it is to work and that there were so many adavatages to working with the main manager. The other manager told me that I was allowed to complete something non work related when the store had no one in it and i had nothing to do, but I definitely was not! Even though the other two store associates were on the computers going non work related things! One was checking her personal email and the other was playing cards.. ON THE COMPUTER! I tried to explain this to the main manager but she thought I was lying! Never again will I subject myself to such poor treatment after working at a location for 3 WEEKS! It sucked because I really did like it there. Anyways, don’t listen to anyone but your main manager because people will try and get you fired :)

P.S: During these 3 weeks I severely hurt myself and wasn’t able to attend work. Between the time of my first and second shift, they had decided that I shouldn’t be employed at their establishment. They waited a whole week until I was scheduled to come back in to “let me go!” I wobbled in to the store, sat down in the office and they let me go! They didn’t even call me and ask me to come in and discuss anything! They waited
  more... until my uncle had dropped me off and drove away until they told me! I had to stand in the parking lot, crying until he drove back around!

(I wasn’t crying because I had lost the job, I was crying because they literally knew I had been dropped off and instead of telling me to ask my uncle to wait, they just let him go. Also, everyone had known what was going on so as I walked out of the store, I could see one of the associates I had worked with that night laughing as I walked out.)
Pros
Neat work environment
Cons
Non-understanding staff, Odd protocols.
Opportunity job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2019
I went to interview, but the experience was horrible. That lady from HR talked to me for less than 5 minutes, made questions that is not avoid in Canada, and she was so arrogant. Anyway, of course I didn't get that job, but she never send at least some feedback. Just words and no actions
Excellent communication and friendly environment
Designer assist Mississauga, Canada (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2018
Keep in communicating with the boss and teamwork. The team reminds me if there's a deadline but I'm taking responsibility for managing time and many tasks to be done.
Pros
break time
Cons
long hour
Great working atmosphere, friendly co-workers, supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 October 2018
I worked part-time at the south London Location. The team was very friendly and supportive right from the beginning. Management always worked around my school schedule and was understanding with time off.

I enjoyed my time here. Great place for a part-time job!
Pros
flexible schedule / great people
Cons
sometimes slow / min wage
Great Company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
I worked at a Solutions store as a Key Holder in Toronto but had to resign because I had to go back to school. I was sad to leave because my colleagues and Store Manager were like a family to me. I learned a lot working at Solutions.
Pros
Excellent Management, Able to Design Closets for customers, Overall just great
Cons
Can’t think of any
Terrible Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2018
Applied for SM Job in Mississauga. HR scheduled interview. Morning of the interview day HR called to cancel the interview that she double booked so they will reschedule and at the same time she says “ I know you have applied for Mississauga but will you go to Barrie” I told HR I live in Mississauga and want to work in Mississauga. Also asked if she will pay a lot more money to go to Barrie. HR told me she will call back and never heard ever again.
Be careful with this company if they are changing there words before the interview then what will they do after you will have job.
Terrible experience never recommend anyone to apply in this company.
Official response from Solutions - Your Organized Living Store
23 October 2018

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you had a bad experience with Solutions- Your Organized Living Store.

Our Hr Department communicates with candidates via email and only calls candidates once they have been to the interview and have been selected for a position within the company. Therefore, if an interview was canceled, it would have been done via email and would have been rescheduled within a timely manner. Salary expectations are only discussed during the interview as well as the location that the candidate applies for.

Again we apologize, and will make sure that our interview process in the future is clear and concise

Average place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 February 2018
I worked for this company for several months and found it to be an average job. Not the most detailed training and a lot of it was 'learn as you go'. A good amount of physical labour and you must be comfortable climbing ladders on a consistent basis.
My first couple of paycheques were incorrectly paid.
Management was okay. One manager was great, the other was not, but this can be said in many jobs.
Staff were friendly. It was a very casual environment and had a small company feel. Overall a very average job - not horrible but I have definitely had many better jobs than this one.
terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 September 2017
honestly a terrible place to work, do not recommend. Half of the items we were given to use for daily tasks like ladders & brooms were broken and management did not do anything about it
Cons
there was never enough staff working at this location so we were always understaffed and over worked
Fired for no reason after 4 shifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 August 2017
I worked here for a total of four shifts, each shift I was told I was doing a great job then they proceed to fire me because "we weren't on the same page". Do not recommend working for them as you may not be employed for long.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible Company that is on verge of bankruptcy
Store Setup Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2017
This company is failing miserably and the blame gets put on you.
They don't care about employee well being, only about how much money they make.
They have these goals every day and tell you that you have to reach these goals or else you will stop getting hours.
The store is very overprice, customers always complain about prices.
They walk in and then out.
But since they did not spend their money there, you get the blame.
They let the minimum wage employees do all the work, while the supervisors just chat among each other.
Pros
during the weekdays, there would barely be anyone in the store. so you didnt have to deal with rude customers as often
Cons
everything about working here is a con.
Horrendous Mangement at Bare Minimum Wage
Sales Driven Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 February 2017
If I could give negative stars for the management, I certainly would. But the other employees whom I worked with were pretty awesome.
Love my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 November 2016
I have been employed here for a long time, and this company has always treated me well. It requires some physical labour which is not for everyone.

Customers are the same as any other retail establishment. I enjoy my co-workers and have a great manager.

We always try to have fun.
Pros
good manager, good co-works, work around my schedule
Cons
shipment can make the day longer, but same as other companies
Company has promise as long as they can keep the Regional Manager
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON7 February 2016
The company has a lot if promise but that is contingent on being able to keep the Regional Manager and the amazing teams that work in the stores.

The Regional Manager has done great things since joining the company. He understands the struggles that go on in the stores and fights to get the teams what they need. This isn't a popularity contest and he isn't afraid to make unpopular decisions. This approach has helped move the company forward and anyone in a management role should appreciate this.

The teams in the stores are phenomenal at supporting each other. Politics between stores are minimal. The culture in the stores is good.

The CEO needs to listen to what the people in the field suggest. Stop undermining the Regional Manager. Learn to be more of a team player. Work to improve overall corporate culture.
Pros
Store employees, Regional manager
Cons
Ceo
Horrible Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 January 2016
The company is on a downward spiral. The CEO needs to wake up and see that he will end up being the driving force to take down his own company.

Poor management, poor benefits, certain people get preferencial treatment and an all around an unhealthy work environment.

Regional manager is highly immature and unprofessional, he needs to treat people with dignity and respect.

Many fantastic, hard working employees have left and will continue to leave until this issue gets fixed.

Health and Safety inspections should be done in every store! CEO doesnt want to pay to fix anything!
Pros
Your co workers
Cons
Long hours - never get a single day off in lieu of working crazy hours.
Disgraceful Company! Avoid at all costs!!
store manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On9 January 2016
Solutions is a highly unorganized and extremely unprofessional company that allows employees to work in unsafe conditions with unrealistic sales goals. There is no real leadership on any level so if you are used to working in a professional and supportive environment then stay away. The Store Managers are all very junior and the Regional Sales Manager seems to think that it is acceptable to humiliate and intimated his managers on the DAILY conference calls (what productive company has a daily call?!?) There is no Human Resources at this company so beware of what you are committing to.
Being unemployed is a better option than working for Solutions.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional Regional Manager, No Training!!! No support and just an ill equipped company all around.
Terrible workplace
sales associated (Former Employee) –  oakville24 October 2015
-always changing the schedule without notifying employees. If your shifts got changed, it's your job to go check (even if you're not working between the time it's changed and your next shift)
-hired for part time, worked almost full time hours
-not flexible with booking time off
-shifts too long, with not enough time for breaks
-unapproachable management (jr and sr)
-no training from sr employees/manager unless requested
-the 30% employee discount doesn't even make it realistically affordable
-does nothing for people who have put in many years of hard work (salary etc.)
Pros
zero...
Good opportunities to move further for every performer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2015
A good company to work for with unconditional support from the management. As mentioned, it is a very organized company - one can also learn many things that can benefit in daily life.

Over-all a great set of management that not only trains well but co-operates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solutions - Your Organized Living Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3