SOLID GENERAL CONTRACTORS Employee Reviews

Poor Company Culture (Locally)
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2019
I would not recommend working at Solid's Ottawa office.

Before the negatives, I will first say that some of the team there are really great folks that are delightful to joke around with. Also, while sometimes stressful, the work can be rewarding.

That having been said. There are elements of the management in the office that can make it a unpleasant place to work. Let me be clear, however that it is only part of the management.

My experiences were that certain mangers were exceptionally poor leaders who did not provide their team with the proper support. They would be quick to point out a team members errors while equally quick to gloss over their own.

Furthermore the work a team member does well, and, in fact goes above and beyond will go unrecognized. Not even "well done."

Should you make a mistake. You can expect it to be treated as a grave error and to be called on to be reprimanded for it. Quite likely have your job threatened.

Also, while the senior management is made aware of these issues no action was taken and there is a significant double-standard in how some staff are treated in contrast with others.

One other point to note. I both witnessed myself and had fellow teammates tell me that some managers will speak poorly of other team members behind that persons back.

All of these factors lead to a workplace that can be exceedingly unpleasant to go into every morning, and could fairly be considered toxic. Again not everyone. But enough of it that I would avoid working there if at all possible.
Pros
Challenging Tasks, Good work-life Balance
Cons
Poor Treatment by Management, Little Room for Advancement
Very fun atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 November 2016
Amazing job, best yet
Great atmosphere
Treated like family form day 1
Very big opportunities to move yourself up in the company, the see everything that you do and take it into consideration.
Will discuss upon request.
Office Administrator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta6 January 2014
Working for Solid was a good starting point for me to learn more about Project Management.