Solda Pools

Solda Pools Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
They are a nice company to work for if your hard working and they never run outta work which is a good thing. They work in all kinds of weather but they give you no training at all
You will learn a lot. Don’t ask for anything, a long serving co-worker will just talk you out of it. You need a thick skin and able to handle a hectic environment.
Pros
Great learning opportunity.
Cons
No advancement, long hours.
I learned a lot of what I know from Solda Pools. Great company to work for, they give you lots of responsibility and want you to succeed and grow. Pay is great, pay is every week, bbqs are good, coworkers are amazing, bosses are good mentors however they are of the old school mentality where they yell a lot. Would have stayed here but work was too far.
Pros
pay every week and they come and find you to make sure you get paid
Cons
long hours, not on the clock when returning from jobsite to shop
During my time there, I wasn’t put on the crew/job positionI was hired for therefore didn’t enjoy everyday tasks I was given because it was not what what I applied for. The older gentlemen I was placed with expected me to know what I was doing with little supervision and would become frustrated when I asked questions or for advice. On top of that, the guys would go to the beer store/LCBO on lunch hours and have a few drinks on “break” while you were expected to keep working. The one plus side was the money was great and the pay was weekly.
Pros
Great pay, work outdoors
Cons
Little communication, drinking on the job, rude coworkers
I began my career at Solda with little to no experience in the construction industry. Through my years at Solda, staff and management have been outstanding in providing advice, knowledge and training to work safely, and successfully. At this point I am proficient with every facet from start to finish of our projects.
Pros
Great staff, oppurtunity for advancement, competitive wages, supportive management
Cons
Longer hours in the summer
Was a very hard working company and always got the job done on time. Long hours but well worth the experience. Always did the job right and always cleaned up before leaving the job site
Pros
good pay, always work
Cons
no breaks
Typical day you get your day's work in the morning, pack up your truck with whatever you may need to accomplish the work, could be anything from repaing something to cleaning the pool.
You then leave the yard and pick the order you want to do your jobs.

Provided they are all done you do the same thing the next day.
Pros
lot's of hours when you need to make money
Cons
Lot's of hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Solda Pools?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solda Pools. Our community is ready to answer.
Solda Pools Reviews by Location