Sol Cuisine logo
Sol Cuisine

Sol Cuisine Employee Reviews

Finally! Changes for the good!

I've been with Sol Cuisine for just over 2 years. At first, I didn't like it much. There were really bad managers that spend more time arguing with each other then fixing problems. About a year ago the company started to make changes. I wasn't happy at first but now see that the changes are good. The new bosses like the ceo and the hr lady seem to really care about employees. The new quality lady is nice and is very thoughtful when telling us of a problem. Production manager is smart. He is becoming a better boss. Production is getting busier but things run a lot more smoothly and there are no more mean people working with me. I like my job and how I feel trusted and I now trust them.

Pros

regular shifts

Cons

communication can be better

@Sol Cuisine

Sol Cuisine inc. is a nice place to work. The environment is friendly and it's HR and managers are kind and reasonable. The only thing is that it gets cold in there sometimes.

Respectful Management and Cold Work Environment

The CEO of the company is very welcoming and polite. The supervisors are also very kind and compassionate. The workplace is cool in temperature, unorganized and compact.

A place with "Sol"

A really nice place to work, very busy and company seems to be growing. Starting new programs and seems to be a place I would like to stay. I would recommend working here.

Sol cuisine job review

This job is amazing. I love going to work every day! Everyone is very helpful and welcoming, especially the human resource manager. One thing I don’t really like is that it gets cold sometimes inside.

High potential for growth!!

Potential to growth is high. If you want to begin your career in plant based industry, this is the best place to get experience. Co-workers are supportive.

Positive Workplace Environment

Sol Cuisine is a great company to work for. Management is quite supportive and wants to see not only the company succeed but wants to help their employees succeed also. The company is in the midst of some amazing growth plans and with that comes tons of opportunity to learn and grow within the company. The people who work for Sol Cuisine are all very pleasant and make it a really good environment to be working in. Overall, I would recommend working for Sol Cuisine.

Great work/life balance

Fast paced environment. The people are very knowledgable and willing to assist you. The management style is relaxed. Great people and great place to work.

Amazing place

Busy place to work. Everyday can be different. I have learned many new things. Management is amazing; very kind and understanding. the workplace culture is very lively. Everyone gets along and are super friendly.

Overall fun place to work

Sol cuisine is a friendly and enjoyable place to work. The employees are friendly and helpful. I'm always there to help and assist others and keep thier environments safe to work

Jobs at Sol Cuisine

See more jobs

Good Place

Good place to work. Fun and fast paced environment. People are so diverse. Everybody would feel at home. Trainings are provided. Some employees are bullies but that is just minor. P

Building Skills, Experiences and expertises - Overall Growth

A good place to start and learn the business or even skills. Management is changing and improving day by day. Management is trying to bridge the communication gap and infuse the idea of productivity and achieving mutual goals. Sol cuisine is trying to implement policies and procedures to get work done. Salary could be a bit concern. Workplace culture is adaptive, friendly and stress-free, in short, understands employee. The best part of the job is you got an opportunity to grow while experiencing different work.

Great future potential

Great vision and future potential. Hourly employee compensation needs review to ensure we attract top quality talent. Will be an amazing place to work in the future.

Progress starting to show

SOL is going through a massive transition. An expanded and modernized production facility and bigger professional management team. There is always room for improvement but the progress is starting to show.

worse place to work

all i could say is run away from this place cause they will take your heart and soul and you will feel like you do not belong.a typical day at sol cuisine is they are right and you are always wrong. i have learned that they will stab you in the back when they see an oppertunity.the culture at sol cuisine is everybody for them selves and that is the way management likes it no matter what they say in front of you they talk bad about everybody.the most enjoyable thing about this job is not working there anymore.

Pros

Cons

everything imaganable

Poor Vision and Poor management

The place is run by a management team who simply ensure that their salary above 130k is protected. There is no accountability for their incompetence. So the workers are forced into high responsibilities that is not their job or their pay grade. There is huge production issue and sales force that simply ignores the fact that they cannot commit to orders that will never ever be fulfilled. The CEO simply has no vision. The market place has deemed him incompetent as the CEO did introduce vegan products far earlier than competition but never ever innovated from the initial products. The products are still soy based and never evolved past that. The company is simply hanging by a thin thread and CEO's headache will become yours if you are not in the management position. Be vary when you accept and simply do the work you have signed up in your contract. Once you have built your experience, apply elsewhere and never ever look back

Pros

despearate company that needs workers

Cons

no growth, dead end job, asked to take on outside tasks, unnecessary responisiblities

Needs improvement

This company is ok to work with, but any situation occurs, the management lacks to support and help their employees. The company only runs on the basis of the employees however it's all politics. Absolutely 0 respect for their employees, and someone needs to be there for their employees, as the HR of the company doesn't represent workers, the HR represents the management. A LOT of improvement needed, as nobody wants to work as a team to make it happen, they'd rather work against one another, and make it a bad experience to have.

Pros

not sure as of right now

Cons

no respect

Make sure this is what you want

This company is nothing like i have ever seen before! Please make sure this is exactly where you want to be. Employees are treated poorly and have No work life balance whatsoever. Micromanagement from the top to the bottom with no room for growth, constructuve feedback or wellbeing. Employee turnover rate is INSANELY High with people quiting every other week or every month. Company's focus is only on making more money as fast as possible. Unethical and shady business practise. Its really sad!

Pros

Free wifi??

Cons

Everything else

they are less productive and conservative

the Indian employees there do not want others to succeed and play politics around especially ladies, it plants itself is less productive, they even cancel Walmart order because they can't complete it. the idea behind product is great and the taste is somehow fine but i have seen the horrible quality with my own eyes , the guy throw product on floor and put it back in mixer

Nice people and good benefits

Here is very good place for working because of honest and nice people and management. They do all the best for their employees. The reason I left was long way that I needed to go to work and also my heart problem that stopped me from some physical jobs. Hardest part of job was about too many manually material transferring. The most enjoyable part was friendly atmosphere.

Poorly Managed company

Lacks transparency and concern for staff work environment, machine maintenance, and organization. Hiring process seems to favor only punjabi indians. Favoritism is a serious issue amongst management where as persons are victimized with work. Primary concern is output and profit with little adherence to product quality control. Basically a a bunch of moving parts that serve no purpose but just passing the time. Company has too many previous internal personal issues stemming from CEO's obsession with micromanagement. Typical situation of owners not relinquishing full control to those who are paid to manage.

Pros

Insurance Benefits

Cons

Lacks Management- Has managers but lacks the ability to Manage

Official response from Sol Cuisine

28 March 2018
We are committed to making Sol Cuisine an excellent workplace. As the company is growing quickly there are definitely challenges and speed bumps. We try to foster an open communication environment and a place where people can contribute to the overall success and journey.If anyone on our team has suggestions or proposed opportunities to make this a better place to work we welcome that contribution. Those team members that contribute to making the company better are definitely valued highly!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sol Cuisine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement