Sol Cuisine

Sol Cuisine Work-life balance reviews

I've been with Sol Cuisine for just over 2 years. At first, I didn't like it much. There were really bad managers that spend more time arguing with each other then fixing problems. About a year ago the company started to make changes. I wasn't happy at first but now see that the changes are good. The new bosses like the ceo and the hr lady seem to really care about employees. The new quality lady is nice and is very thoughtful when telling us of a problem. Production manager is smart. He is becoming a better boss. Production is getting busier but things run a lot more smoothly and there are no more mean people working with me. I like my job and how I feel trusted and I now trust them.
Pros
regular shifts
Cons
communication can be better
This company has the potential for growth but seriously lacks proper management to steer it forward. The so called directors and managers don't know what they are doing. This is a company in which the following mornings production schedule is determined at 11pm a night before by someone at his home. In the morning, everyone comes in asking , what are we doing? what are we doing? Unbelievable! There is no flow of command system thereby each director or manager can wake up and say I am holding this product, stopping this, adjust machine settings etc without consulting anyone. This company has the largest ON HOLD products I have ever seen in food industry. Their cold room is full of on hold products. Two main liabilities that are bringing this company down are QA (Director) and Production Manager. These two have no people's' skills. I have never seen a team of 8 QA staff in such a small company. In the meantime their sanitation team is made up of only 3 people! Wrong hiring priorities right there. QA technician always delays start-up in the morning because she spends a lot of time inspecting irrelevant areas of equipment. We always start late because of QA technician inspecting wheels of equipment!
Pros
No one cares
Cons
No job security
The management is the definition of corrupted. The CEO cares for no one there. This company is NOT growing. There are not enough people to provide an easier work environment. People are overworked, underpaid, and then there are others who just love doing nothing making the big bucks putting in no work, trying to build relationships with management. I would definitely say there are few cases of judgement based on culture and skin colour there. The most valuable people there get mistreated and no appreciation. A typical day at that place is that you struggle to keep proper equipment in hands reach. It’s a challenge to organize, and people just team up on you to make you feel useless. I would not recommend anyone to work in this place.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I am fully happy with this company because all management and emplyoo are good . Every person support to each other in every peoblem. Other people also good nature.
A growing company with a lot of change for the positive, if you are patient and can deal with growing pains this is a good place, if you expect everything to be perfect you may want to look somewhere else.
A great place to work if you are beginning or really want to develop your skills as their is a lot of opportunities to get your hands on new projects. However, since it is growing a lot of processes aren't in place and are in development, making it a challenge to get work done smoothly.
Consistency and predictable is lacking with regards to what is being produced on any given day. Transparency and lack of communication makes for a confusing and often chaotic work environment. The best part of the job is being apart of a company that is growing; one that also creates good tasting vegan products; and has the potential to expand there the market wold wide
This is an up and coming company...given the trend of interest in plant based proteins, I think we will become HUGE. There is definitely room for growth if you've got patience, the willingness to learn, and ambition
A really nice place to work, very busy and company seems to be growing. Starting new programs and seems to be a place I would like to stay. I would recommend working here.
Potential to growth is high. If you want to begin your career in plant based industry, this is the best place to get experience. Co-workers are supportive.
Sol Cuisine is a great company to work for. Management is quite supportive and wants to see not only the company succeed but wants to help their employees succeed also. The company is in the midst of some amazing growth plans and with that comes tons of opportunity to learn and grow within the company. The people who work for Sol Cuisine are all very pleasant and make it a really good environment to be working in. Overall, I would recommend working for Sol Cuisine.
Great vision and future potential. Hourly employee compensation needs review to ensure we attract top quality talent. Will be an amazing place to work in the future.
SOL is going through a massive transition. An expanded and modernized production facility and bigger professional management team. There is always room for improvement but the progress is starting to show.
This company is nothing like i have ever seen before! Please make sure this is exactly where you want to be. Employees are treated poorly and have No work life balance whatsoever. Micromanagement from the top to the bottom with no room for growth, constructuve feedback or wellbeing. Employee turnover rate is INSANELY High with people quiting every other week or every month. Company's focus is only on making more money as fast as possible. Unethical and shady business practise. Its really sad!
Pros
Free wifi??
Cons
Everything else