Sol Cuisine logo
Sol Cuisine

Sol Cuisine Management reviews

Clear
Work-life balance

Finally! Changes for the good!

I've been with Sol Cuisine for just over 2 years. At first, I didn't like it much. There were really bad managers that spend more time arguing with each other then fixing problems. About a year ago the company started to make changes. I wasn't happy at first but now see that the changes are good. The new bosses like the ceo and the hr lady seem to really care about employees. The new quality lady is nice and is very thoughtful when telling us of a problem. Production manager is smart. He is becoming a better boss. Production is getting busier but things run a lot more smoothly and there are no more mean people working with me. I like my job and how I feel trusted and I now trust them.

Pros

regular shifts

Cons

communication can be better

They are very rude and I don’t recommend anybody to work on this company

I don’t recommend anybody on this company, poor management and bad service. They will treat you uncomfortable way, the company smell to bad and dirty

Cons

Horrible place to work racist clique culture

Sol cuisine is a company that allows terrible racial clique culture basically if you arent indian or philipino you wont last long in production or packaging if you arent white or chinese you will not work in the office

Disorganized management

This company has the potential for growth but seriously lacks proper management to steer it forward. The so called directors and managers don't know what they are doing. This is a company in which the following mornings production schedule is determined at 11pm a night before by someone at his home. In the morning, everyone comes in asking , what are we doing? what are we doing? Unbelievable! There is no flow of command system thereby each director or manager can wake up and say I am holding this product, stopping this, adjust machine settings etc without consulting anyone. This company has the largest ON HOLD products I have ever seen in food industry. Their cold room is full of on hold products. Two main liabilities that are bringing this company down are QA (Director) and Production Manager. These two have no people's' skills. I have never seen a team of 8 QA staff in such a small company. In the meantime their sanitation team is made up of only 3 people! Wrong hiring priorities right there. QA technician always delays start-up in the morning because she spends a lot of time inspecting irrelevant areas of equipment. We always start late because of QA technician inspecting wheels of equipment!

Pros

No one cares

Cons

No job security

Great Employee Culture, worst management team i have ever worked for

A very dedicated, hard working and knowledgeable production staff. The management team, on the other hand, is anything but. Zero focus on safety or training , just push the product out the door then play the blame game when things go wrong. The owner has a " shoot from the hip" mentality, making it impossible for anyone , even the business to be successful. SOL does offer what is perhaps the best vegan and meat alternative products on the market today,but unfortunately , the owner has slowly been destroying the business to the point where they cannot compete in the marketplace and the future has become very bleak for this company.

Fear this place

The management is the definition of corrupted. The CEO cares for no one there. This company is NOT growing. There are not enough people to provide an easier work environment. People are overworked, underpaid, and then there are others who just love doing nothing making the big bucks putting in no work, trying to build relationships with management. I would definitely say there are few cases of judgement based on culture and skin colour there. The most valuable people there get mistreated and no appreciation. A typical day at that place is that you struggle to keep proper equipment in hands reach. It’s a challenge to organize, and people just team up on you to make you feel useless. I would not recommend anyone to work in this place.

I am machine oprator. I like more and my job resposiblities. I love all type work over there because envionment and work place is very friendly..

Verified Employee

I am fully happy with this company because all management and emplyoo are good . Every person support to each other in every peoblem. Other people also good nature.

Opportunity to get your hands dirty and gain experience

Verified Employee

Positives: 1) You will get tremendous amount of experience in a short time frame 2) Paid as per industry standards 3) Startup environment (can be a negative too) Negatives: 1) Constant change in management 2) A defined culture is needed 3) Individuals and Management need to be accountable and held responsible for actions

Mangement need improvement

Verified Employee

Place need to be organized and good management required. The production people are great and good to work with always. The place is growing up and have more opportunity. I always see they hire new people without doing internal hires. So, people get demotivated and need more encouragement to work as a team.

Sol Cuisine

Verified Employee

Lack of team work between different departments. There seems to be lack of cooperation between different departments. Each department comes out with ideas how to improve but they do not work with other departments to implement them.

Jobs at Sol Cuisine

See more jobs

Work In Progress.

Verified Employee

Consistency and predictable is lacking with regards to what is being produced on any given day. Transparency and lack of communication makes for a confusing and often chaotic work environment. The best part of the job is being apart of a company that is growing; one that also creates good tasting vegan products; and has the potential to expand there the market wold wide

@Sol Cuisine

Verified Employee

Sol Cuisine inc. is a nice place to work. The environment is friendly and it's HR and managers are kind and reasonable. The only thing is that it gets cold in there sometimes.

Respectful Management and Cold Work Environment

Verified Employee

The CEO of the company is very welcoming and polite. The supervisors are also very kind and compassionate. The workplace is cool in temperature, unorganized and compact.

Sol cuisine job review

Verified Employee

This job is amazing. I love going to work every day! Everyone is very helpful and welcoming, especially the human resource manager. One thing I don’t really like is that it gets cold sometimes inside.

Positive Workplace Environment

Verified Employee

Sol Cuisine is a great company to work for. Management is quite supportive and wants to see not only the company succeed but wants to help their employees succeed also. The company is in the midst of some amazing growth plans and with that comes tons of opportunity to learn and grow within the company. The people who work for Sol Cuisine are all very pleasant and make it a really good environment to be working in. Overall, I would recommend working for Sol Cuisine.

Great work/life balance

Verified Employee

Fast paced environment. The people are very knowledgable and willing to assist you. The management style is relaxed. Great people and great place to work.

Amazing place

Verified Employee

Busy place to work. Everyday can be different. I have learned many new things. Management is amazing; very kind and understanding. the workplace culture is very lively. Everyone gets along and are super friendly.

Building Skills, Experiences and expertises - Overall Growth

Verified Employee

A good place to start and learn the business or even skills. Management is changing and improving day by day. Management is trying to bridge the communication gap and infuse the idea of productivity and achieving mutual goals. Sol cuisine is trying to implement policies and procedures to get work done. Salary could be a bit concern. Workplace culture is adaptive, friendly and stress-free, in short, understands employee. The best part of the job is you got an opportunity to grow while experiencing different work.

Progress starting to show

Verified Employee

SOL is going through a massive transition. An expanded and modernized production facility and bigger professional management team. There is always room for improvement but the progress is starting to show.

worse place to work

all i could say is run away from this place cause they will take your heart and soul and you will feel like you do not belong.a typical day at sol cuisine is they are right and you are always wrong. i have learned that they will stab you in the back when they see an oppertunity.the culture at sol cuisine is everybody for them selves and that is the way management likes it no matter what they say in front of you they talk bad about everybody.the most enjoyable thing about this job is not working there anymore.

Pros

Cons

everything imaganable

Poor Vision and Poor management

The place is run by a management team who simply ensure that their salary above 130k is protected. There is no accountability for their incompetence. So the workers are forced into high responsibilities that is not their job or their pay grade. There is huge production issue and sales force that simply ignores the fact that they cannot commit to orders that will never ever be fulfilled. The CEO simply has no vision. The market place has deemed him incompetent as the CEO did introduce vegan products far earlier than competition but never ever innovated from the initial products. The products are still soy based and never evolved past that. The company is simply hanging by a thin thread and CEO's headache will become yours if you are not in the management position. Be vary when you accept and simply do the work you have signed up in your contract. Once you have built your experience, apply elsewhere and never ever look back

Pros

despearate company that needs workers

Cons

no growth, dead end job, asked to take on outside tasks, unnecessary responisiblities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sol Cuisine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement