Sol Cuisine logo

Clear
Work-life balance
2.9
Job security & advancement

Opportunity to get your hands dirty and gain experience

Verified Employee

Positives: 1) You will get tremendous amount of experience in a short time frame 2) Paid as per industry standards 3) Startup environment (can be a negative too) Negatives: 1) Constant change in management 2) A defined culture is needed 3) Individuals and Management need to be accountable and held responsible for actions

Disorganized management

This company has the potential for growth but seriously lacks proper management to steer it forward. The so called directors and managers don't know what they are doing. This is a company in which the following mornings production schedule is determined at 11pm a night before by someone at his home. In the morning, everyone comes in asking , what are we doing? what are we doing? Unbelievable! There is no flow of command system thereby each director or manager can wake up and say I am holding this product, stopping this, adjust machine settings etc without consulting anyone. This company has the largest ON HOLD products I have ever seen in food industry. Their cold room is full of on hold products. Two main liabilities that are bringing this company down are QA (Director) and Production Manager. These two have no people's' skills. I have never seen a team of 8 QA staff in such a small company. In the meantime their sanitation team is made up of only 3 people! Wrong hiring priorities right there. QA technician always delays start-up in the morning because she spends a lot of time inspecting irrelevant areas of equipment. We always start late because of QA technician inspecting wheels of equipment!

Pros

No one cares

Cons

No job security

High Potential to be a Great Place to work

Verified Employee

A growing company with a lot of change for the positive, if you are patient and can deal with growing pains this is a good place, if you expect everything to be perfect you may want to look somewhere else.

Overview of Sol Cuisine

Verified Employee

A great place to work if you are beginning or really want to develop your skills as their is a lot of opportunities to get your hands on new projects. However, since it is growing a lot of processes aren't in place and are in development, making it a challenge to get work done smoothly.

people can learn alot of new things.

Verified Employee

office hours and production hours are pretty mush different. people can learn and experience a lot of things and all staff is very supportive towards each other.

Growth

Verified Employee

This is an up and coming company...given the trend of interest in plant based proteins, I think we will become HUGE. There is definitely room for growth if you've got patience, the willingness to learn, and ambition

A place with "Sol"

Verified Employee

A really nice place to work, very busy and company seems to be growing. Starting new programs and seems to be a place I would like to stay. I would recommend working here.

High potential for growth!!

Verified Employee

Potential to growth is high. If you want to begin your career in plant based industry, this is the best place to get experience. Co-workers are supportive.

Positive Workplace Environment

Verified Employee

Sol Cuisine is a great company to work for. Management is quite supportive and wants to see not only the company succeed but wants to help their employees succeed also. The company is in the midst of some amazing growth plans and with that comes tons of opportunity to learn and grow within the company. The people who work for Sol Cuisine are all very pleasant and make it a really good environment to be working in. Overall, I would recommend working for Sol Cuisine.

Building Skills, Experiences and expertises - Overall Growth

Verified Employee

A good place to start and learn the business or even skills. Management is changing and improving day by day. Management is trying to bridge the communication gap and infuse the idea of productivity and achieving mutual goals. Sol cuisine is trying to implement policies and procedures to get work done. Salary could be a bit concern. Workplace culture is adaptive, friendly and stress-free, in short, understands employee. The best part of the job is you got an opportunity to grow while experiencing different work.

Jobs at Sol Cuisine

See more jobs

Great future potential

Verified Employee

Great vision and future potential. Hourly employee compensation needs review to ensure we attract top quality talent. Will be an amazing place to work in the future.

Progress starting to show

Verified Employee

SOL is going through a massive transition. An expanded and modernized production facility and bigger professional management team. There is always room for improvement but the progress is starting to show.

Sometime we have free Lunch

I've been working with this company for a couple of years, getting qualified for a raise or salary increase is like pulling healthy teeth. This workplace no heating, air condition and proper ventilation. I will not recommend this company to work with.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Heavy Works