Sol Cuisine

Sol Cuisine Employee Reviews

Finally! Changes for the good!

I've been with Sol Cuisine for just over 2 years. At first, I didn't like it much. There were really bad managers that spend more time arguing with each other then fixing problems. About a year ago the company started to make changes. I wasn't happy at first but now see that the changes are good. The new bosses like the ceo and the hr lady seem to really care about employees. The new quality lady is nice and is very thoughtful when telling us of a problem. Production manager is smart. He is becoming a better boss. Production is getting busier but things run a lot more smoothly and there are no more mean people working with me. I like my job and how I feel trusted and I now trust them.

Pros

regular shifts

Cons

communication can be better

They are very rude and I don’t recommend anybody to work on this company

I don’t recommend anybody on this company, poor management and bad service. They will treat you uncomfortable way, the company smell to bad and dirty

Cons

Horrible place to work racist clique culture

Sol cuisine is a company that allows terrible racial clique culture basically if you arent indian or philipino you wont last long in production or packaging if you arent white or chinese you will not work in the office

Disorganized management

This company has the potential for growth but seriously lacks proper management to steer it forward. The so called directors and managers don't know what they are doing. This is a company in which the following mornings production schedule is determined at 11pm a night before by someone at his home. In the morning, everyone comes in asking , what are we doing? what are we doing? Unbelievable! There is no flow of command system thereby each director or manager can wake up and say I am holding this product, stopping this, adjust machine settings etc without consulting anyone. This company has the largest ON HOLD products I have ever seen in food industry. Their cold room is full of on hold products. Two main liabilities that are bringing this company down are QA (Director) and Production Manager. These two have no people's' skills. I have never seen a team of 8 QA staff in such a small company. In the meantime their sanitation team is made up of only 3 people! Wrong hiring priorities right there. QA technician always delays start-up in the morning because she spends a lot of time inspecting irrelevant areas of equipment. We always start late because of QA technician inspecting wheels of equipment!

Pros

No one cares

Cons

No job security

A good company to work

Sol Cuisine Inc is one of the best plant-based food companies in Canada. Some of their products are not only delicious but also very nutritious, for example, their Beet Burgers contain organic sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds and other ingredients. They used the best quality of plant foods like mushrooms, green and red peppers, onions, garlics, carrots, beets, wild rice, brown rice, corns, sweet potatoes, black beans, cranberries, chickpeas and green peas, wheat gluten, sunflower oil, tomato sauce and many natural plant flavors and spices like cumin seeds, black peppers, cilantro flakes, sage flakes, chipotle chili flakes to make more than 10 types of Veggie burgers. They also produced wonderful plant-based Falafel meatballs, veggie chicken tenders, meatless beef and chicken strips. This company’s workers’ salaries are above the average salaries of workers of food industry in Canada. They have a friendly, wise, well educated, and open-minded CEO. They have hired some smart and creative employees in various fields who have made the company better and better every day. You can buy some of their products at Costco, Metro, Sobey’s, Loblaw, Valu-Mart and other stores in Canada and USA.

Great Employee Culture, worst management team i have ever worked for

A very dedicated, hard working and knowledgeable production staff. The management team, on the other hand, is anything but. Zero focus on safety or training , just push the product out the door then play the blame game when things go wrong. The owner has a " shoot from the hip" mentality, making it impossible for anyone , even the business to be successful. SOL does offer what is perhaps the best vegan and meat alternative products on the market today,but unfortunately , the owner has slowly been destroying the business to the point where they cannot compete in the marketplace and the future has become very bleak for this company.

Fear this place

The management is the definition of corrupted. The CEO cares for no one there. This company is NOT growing. There are not enough people to provide an easier work environment. People are overworked, underpaid, and then there are others who just love doing nothing making the big bucks putting in no work, trying to build relationships with management. I would definitely say there are few cases of judgement based on culture and skin colour there. The most valuable people there get mistreated and no appreciation. A typical day at that place is that you struggle to keep proper equipment in hands reach. It’s a challenge to organize, and people just team up on you to make you feel useless. I would not recommend anyone to work in this place.

I am machine oprator. I like more and my job resposiblities. I love all type work over there because envionment and work place is very friendly..

I am fully happy with this company because all management and emplyoo are good . Every person support to each other in every peoblem. Other people also good nature.

Need to improve planning and communication skills

A good place to learn about the whole process which is involved in manufacturing food industry. Hard work with chaotic moments that could be improved with clear and established procedures in the process.

High Potential to be a Great Place to work

A growing company with a lot of change for the positive, if you are patient and can deal with growing pains this is a good place, if you expect everything to be perfect you may want to look somewhere else.

Jobs at Sol Cuisine

See more jobs

Opportunity to get your hands dirty and gain experience

Positives: 1) You will get tremendous amount of experience in a short time frame 2) Paid as per industry standards 3) Startup environment (can be a negative too) Negatives: 1) Constant change in management 2) A defined culture is needed 3) Individuals and Management need to be accountable and held responsible for actions

Many Improvements

There has been a lot of recent improvement in the company. The overall safety of the factory is improving, and the equipment is being modernized. There also was a substantial pay increase in the last year. There is also a new bonus incentive program. One con is that the health benefits are expensive.

Mangement need improvement

Place need to be organized and good management required. The production people are great and good to work with always. The place is growing up and have more opportunity. I always see they hire new people without doing internal hires. So, people get demotivated and need more encouragement to work as a team.

Environment at sol cuisine

Working at sol cuisine is just so amazing. Staff at sol cuisine is very helpful and very good. I love to work here. And I am working here since 2007, I face a lot of up and downs here and learn a lot too.

A big family called SOL CUISINE

In SOL Cuisine, a typical work day begins with each official complying with the good standards of personal hygiene and occupational health. Then everyone will find indicated on a board in which line of work they will be and their function to perform. With these indications each worker undertakes very actively to organize their job, the necessary tools, accessories and supplies, very attentive that all meet the standards of hygiene, sanitation and quality that govern our company. Once production begins, controls should be taken on the weight, size and good shape of the product, the correct packaging and subsequent storage at the bodegage sites. In SOL CUISINE you learn to manage time very well, to be organized and strict with the quality of the product, to always think about the health and satisfaction of the consumer. At all times you have the support of supervisors, coordinators and bosses. The work environment is one of cooperation and friendship despite how intense and active the day is. In SOL CUISINE there are sometimes difficult times, as in most companies, because of some technical failure of a machine or production system but the good thing is that there is always immediate attention by specialist technical personnel. In addition, the company has made a large investment in adaptation and modernization of the plant and equipment that will facilitate the work and improve the production and quality of the product. The most pleasant and cool of our company is that first and foremost we are a big family.

Overview of Sol Cuisine

A great place to work if you are beginning or really want to develop your skills as their is a lot of opportunities to get your hands on new projects. However, since it is growing a lot of processes aren't in place and are in development, making it a challenge to get work done smoothly.

Huh?

Nothing really stands out just come in and start working. Hardest part: keeping track of everything. Best part as Rodney Dangerfield used to say: I get paid for doing this!

Sol Cuisine

Lack of team work between different departments. There seems to be lack of cooperation between different departments. Each department comes out with ideas how to improve but they do not work with other departments to implement them.

people can learn alot of new things.

office hours and production hours are pretty mush different. people can learn and experience a lot of things and all staff is very supportive towards each other.

Work In Progress.

Consistency and predictable is lacking with regards to what is being produced on any given day. Transparency and lack of communication makes for a confusing and often chaotic work environment. The best part of the job is being apart of a company that is growing; one that also creates good tasting vegan products; and has the potential to expand there the market wold wide

Growth

This is an up and coming company...given the trend of interest in plant based proteins, I think we will become HUGE. There is definitely room for growth if you've got patience, the willingness to learn, and ambition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sol Cuisine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement