Sol Cuisine Employee Reviews

worse place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2019
all i could say is run away from this place cause they will take your heart and soul and you will feel like you do not belong.a typical day at sol cuisine is they are right and you are always wrong. i have learned that they will stab you in the back when they see an oppertunity.the culture at sol cuisine is everybody for them selves and that is the way management likes it no matter what they say in front of you they talk bad about everybody.the most enjoyable thing about this job is not working there anymore.
Pros
Cons
everything imaganable
Poor Vision and Poor management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2019
The place is run by a management team who simply ensure that their salary above 130k is protected. There is no accountability for their incompetence. So the workers are forced into high responsibilities that is not their job or their pay grade. There is huge production issue and sales force that simply ignores the fact that they cannot commit to orders that will never ever be fulfilled.
The CEO simply has no vision. The market place has deemed him incompetent as the CEO did introduce vegan products far earlier than competition but never ever innovated from the initial products. The products are still soy based and never evolved past that.
The company is simply hanging by a thin thread and CEO's headache will become yours if you are not in the management position. Be vary when you accept and simply do the work you have signed up in your contract.
Once you have built your experience, apply elsewhere and never ever look back
Pros
despearate company that needs workers
Cons
no growth, dead end job, asked to take on outside tasks, unnecessary responisiblities
Needs improvement
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2019
This company is ok to work with, but any situation occurs, the management lacks to support and help their employees. The company only runs on the basis of the employees however it's all politics. Absolutely 0 respect for their employees, and someone needs to be there for their employees, as the HR of the company doesn't represent workers, the HR represents the management. A LOT of improvement needed, as nobody wants to work as a team to make it happen, they'd rather work against one another, and make it a bad experience to have.
Pros
not sure as of right now
Cons
no respect
they are less productive and conservative
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2018
the Indian employees there do not want others to succeed and play politics around especially ladies, it plants itself is less productive, they even cancel Walmart order because they can't complete it.
the idea behind product is great and the taste is somehow fine but i have seen the horrible quality with my own eyes , the guy throw product on floor and put it back in mixer
This is a great company to work for. This company is growing quickly and the pay is decent.
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2018
This is a decent company with decent pay.
The management is fairly accommodating and pleasant to work for. It is also growing quickly and there is usually a need for overtime.
There is a benefits package available after 3 months and pay increases in the contract.
The 4 star rating is because there is always room for improvement, and we are working towards that everyday.
Pros
Fast paced environment, pleasent staff. Overtime available regularly.
Cons
There is none, Hard work = a decent paycheck.
Nice people and good benefits
Afternoon Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
Here is very good place for working because of honest and nice people and management.

They do all the best for their employees.
The reason I left was long way that I needed to go to work and also my heart problem that stopped me from some physical jobs.
Hardest part of job was about too many manually material transferring.
The most enjoyable part was friendly atmosphere.
Poorly Managed company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
Lacks transparency and concern for staff work environment, machine maintenance, and organization. Hiring process seems to favor only punjabi indians. Favoritism is a serious issue amongst management where as persons are victimized with work. Primary concern is output and profit with little adherence to product quality control. Basically a a bunch of moving parts that serve no purpose but just passing the time. Company has too many previous internal personal issues stemming from CEO's obsession with micromanagement. Typical situation of owners not relinquishing full control to those who are paid to manage.
Pros
Insurance Benefits
Cons
Lacks Management- Has managers but lacks the ability to Manage
Official response from Sol Cuisine
28 March 2018

We are committed to making Sol Cuisine an excellent workplace. As the company is growing quickly there are definitely challenges and speed bumps. We try to foster an open communication environment and a place where people can contribute to the overall success and journey.
If anyone on our team has suggestions or proposed opportunities to make this a better place to work we welcome that contribution. Those team members that contribute to making the company better are definitely valued highly!

Sometime we have free Lunch
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
I've been working with this company for a couple of years, getting qualified for a raise or salary increase is like pulling healthy teeth. This workplace no heating, air condition and proper ventilation. I will not recommend this company to work with.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Heavy Works
New creative opportunity
PRODUCTION LINE SUPERVISOR (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2016
Sol Cuisine is a company that is based on making tofu dishes and products. Great team to work with. Small team but effective. I learned to time management with a small team to meet deadlines. The hardest part of this job was the work environment. Different from a typical restaurant kitchen which required me to adjust and adapt and for a good cause. The enjoyable part of this job was the learning experience.
Weekly Progress report
General labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2012
There i come to know about the food package system. I Came to know about the difference between the GMO product and Non GMO product . What environment need to freeze uncooked food and all that.
Pros
treat when we complete the target on time
Cons
overtime hours
excellent engagement of employees and employers in work
packaging of burgers (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2012
every day working here was a special because of excellent working environment and team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sol Cuisine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7