SoftServe Employee Reviews

Nothing good
Lead DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Львов21 January 2019
There is chaos inside company, requirements and agreements changes every time , promises can be skipped without agreement and nothing stable around.
Productive place to work
Software Test Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ukraine, Lviv17 December 2018
There are lot of choices among projects for Softserve employees.
Learned a lot during changing projects.
Sofserve pays the certifications.
Most enjoyable place to work
Enjoyable work environment for most part
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX11 December 2018
The organization is like a ship looking for its north star or compass. It has and will continue to have some stellar growth, but that is dependent on the ability for sales and delivery to cooperate and collaborate more closely.
Pros
flexible hours depending on your level
Cons
not much chance for advancement for sr level consulting
Good company
Training course java web developer (Former Employee) –  Львов27 September 2018
Гарна компанія яка надає можливість розвитку, так дає можливість вивчати нові технології.
Good place for professional development.
Senior Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Львовская область10 September 2018
I'm working with "solution group" in "Performance testing" service.
My duties are:
- resolve issues related to performance and scalability in many projects
- establish a process of performance testing in different projects
- training of engineers wit skills rated to performance testing
Pros
established processes
Cons
some bureaucracy
Agile development on steroids
Team leader (Tech Lead) (Former Employee) –  BG2 March 2018
Many skilled colleagues, many opportunities for growth. You can code couple of months in C# and then move to Python project if you want. There is a company university, you can develop new skills and learn all you need for your work. Languages classes, internal exams, external certifications sponsored by the company.
Pros
Very fast moving company
Cons
Salaries are low
Good workplace
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lviv, Ukraine9 February 2018
Good atmosphere, XBOX helps to not get bored on some projects.
Nice offices.
Cons: It might be difficult to change the project.
Traditional Work Culture
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Colombo, Sri Lanka15 November 2017
Typical day at work would be making cold calls, attending presales demos, preparing comprehensive financial proposals, making follow up calls and responding to emails, reasearch on Dynamics and browsing through net for new contacts leads etc. Have learned to handle challenging situation when facing customers with ERP demos. Work place culture is more of traditional employer/employee based. Hardest part of Job is to convince management to be more flexible in terms of pricing to Customers. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting customers in various industries and listen to how they do business and challenges they face with their current business processes and systems.
Pros
only five days work in a week
Cons
not a motivating work environment
Fun workspace, but outsource sux
DevOps (Current Employee) –  Ukraine Lviv8 August 2017
Typical day - meetings, developing, nothing special.
Learned - outsource evil.
The hardest part of work - very client oriented projects - no unit/integration tests - how we can sell tests to clients...
Cons
healthcare, benefits, insurance
Good place to start
Quality Assurance Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ukraine4 July 2017
Good place to start. I was working there for 1 year, I got great experience in Software Quality Assurance area. There are a lot of professionals who can teach you modern technics.
Pros
good place to work
Nice workplace
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Ukraine22 January 2017
Pretty OK work/life balance, although I found that management is actually lower than average and it should do more instead of pushing developers to do stuff that is not their responsibility. Also managers very from project to project so you might be lucky and get a great one. Overall it's a pretty good company
Good company,
Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX18 August 2016
Office in downtown, so it's a good location, who wants to have fun. Friendly people , interesting projects and contracts
Assistant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kiev28 March 2016
Various duties due to my major economic cybernetics, possibility to extend my PC knowlegde
Pros
Experienced managers
Cons
Not fixed duties
Good place to grow and expand on your skills
Intermediate C# Developer (Current Employee) –  Chernivtsy3 March 2016
This company has lots of smart and experienced people, clear way to grow, young co-workers, everydays challenges, good work-life balance.
Pros
Cookies, IT Acadevmy
Cons
Healthcare, massage
very nice place to work
php web developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 January 2016
its only pleasure to work in this company. Great, i loved to work in soft serve. ping pong, free lunches, flexible workday.
Good place for a start and a good infrastructure for development, however not with the highest payrate
Quality Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sofia, Bulgaria7 January 2016
A typical day at work:
Go to work at 10:00 AM and end the day at 19:00, which in my opinion is not ideal, but I would be completely find working in that time frame as long as I work in an area I enjoy and don't feel only as work, but also as something that amuses me (like Esports, which this company is not).

What I learned so far:
Good company to improve and build on the education I've received as far as Software Testing is concerned. Also, good place to get more familiar with methodology and design pattern in both development and testing

Management:
Management was ok on some project, great at other and (sadly) pretty bad at a small portion of the projects, but with the effort of the team(I was usually sent to help out such project every now and then even if I had one of my own ongoing)

My co-workers:
As in any company, some of the colleagues were better than others, but overall, I'm happy with the mentality of my coworkers there, especially because I've been to countries such as Denmark and the UK and even though the atmosphere is not as good, it's still relatively close to those places for the most part, which is especially hard to achieve in a country like Bulgaria.

The hardest part of the job:
Honestly, the hardest part of the job was and still is trying to dig projects that are way behind out of the mud having been introduced to them late and needing to complete a month's load of work in a week or two, but I've always managed to do that so far.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The learning process was and still is the most enjoyable part of the
  more... job. It is, however, partnered with the interaction with people from other places around the World. I always enjoy talking to people from across the Globe and my strengths lie especially strong in that communication and my ability to put high-quality English to good use and pleasantly surprise even native English speakers. It is always the case, no matter where I go around the World and who I talk to.  less
Pros
Good learning courses and remuneration bonuses such as healthcare, food vouchers, etc.
Cons
Not the highest salaries, given that it is an international company(but still relatively ok for Bulgarian standards, but just relatively)
Worth to start
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine25 December 2015
It was great experience for me.
Great place to start your IT career.
There are lot of different projects with different technologies. Corporate values are great.
Productive and perspective place
Junior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX5 March 2015
Productive and perspective place
Great and interesting people
Fast career growth
Good benefits
Very creative office and people
Very productive with a lot of work benefits
Software Developer and Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chernivtsi,19 February 2015
This company offers a great opportunity in professional plan, flexible work hours and good benefits! Recommend to co-work with this company!