SoftMoc

SoftMoc Employee Reviews

You don’t even make minimum wage

My co workers are what made this place tolerable, they made the boring shifts go by so quick and we’re always willing to help. Management was OK the assistants would get snippy if they had even the smallest bit of work to do since we were so slow they weren’t used to having to actually work so if you would ask them for something while they were “busy” they would get annoyed. Other than that it was pretty relaxed and accommodating to certain days you needed off but if you were ever gonna call in you were responsible for finding someone to cover your shift and we were understaffed for most of the time.

Pros

Good staff members, Flexible schedule

Cons

Cheap discount, (only got 40% off the full price), We didn’t even make minimum wage, we made $12 an hour and “commission” which was 1% of our sales, For 9 or 10 hour shifts you only got a half hour break

Do not work heree

The management is terrible if they don’t like you they make you come in an hour before your shift then fire you if they don’t think your a good fit like even though I sold most of the shoe care and shoes but I wasn’t a good fit. The pay is terrible you get payed 10.25 plus 1% Commission so your not even making minimum wage and they don’t care about you or your health at all.

Pros

Meet some nice people

Cons

Long hours, very hateful, bad management, pay under minimum wage

Excellent travail pour les travaillant

Très belle ambiance entre les magasins au Québec. La superviseure du Quebec aide beaucoup. Beaucoup de tâches à accomplir mais beaucoup de soutien de la part des autres magasins.Bon travail si vous n’êtes pas paresseux et aimer bouger

Pros

Rabais employé

Cons

Beaucoup de tâches

Do not work here.

This is the worst place to work. Management is a joke and you are bent over backwards to do management jobs while they sit in the back doing absolutely nothing. Complaining about everyone else. With not even being paid minimum wage. It is a complete joke of a work environment with toxic employees and an even worse management staff. They will guilt you into working even if it is your day off. The only benefit is having 40% off shoes. Does not make up for the fact you feel sick to your stomach before walking into your job wondering who hates you or who likes you. The back room is a complete hazard you can barely walk back there with food, drinks, and stock blocking the way. No one ever acknowledges your hard work and cannot own up to what they have or have not done. Overall the worst place I have ever worked and if anyone works here. I pray for you and your mental health.

Pros

Paid lunch break, 40% off of shoes

Cons

Everything else.

Avoid working for this company in management level

Worked as Store manager for 5 years. You worked hard and sometimes made less then the part timers. Your work is never appreciated by upper management. Upper management would rather throw you under the bus than except that their strategies and method don't work. Very toxic environment. Extremely micromanaged. Zero flexibility and very little work-life balance. Missed a lot of family events and milestones because it was mandatory for managers to work Friday nights until closing and all day Saturday. As a manager you had to deal with disgruntle costumers, employees, and management. Very unthankful job. I would suggest working as an sales associate but don't be fooled into taking on a leadership role there. They will take advantage of you. Story time: An entitled customer (a midaged man) emailed the President of the company and complained why i did not put the shoe on his feet and tie laces for him instead i just handed him the shoe. Side note, I was 8 months pregnant. The President of the company had the audacity to email me and say i was in the wrong. These people do not care about their employees all they care about is making money. It's clear i am very dissatisfied with my experience at softmoc.

Pros

Good employee discount

Cons

Pay, long hours, over worked, management team

Never Again

Do no go there for a place to work. Managment was rude and all over the place no help what so ever. No one was even friendly. Pro was gettin paid for a break thats about it.

Worst workplace

Employees are not treated respectfully, thankless job, no benefits, wage paid is not equivalent to the amount of work employees are expected to do, zero work life balance, the amount of stress this job gives is unbearable, sudden cut down of hours for part time employees, company does not believe in retaining policy.The amount of stress this job can give you is unimaginable, the upper management expects us to meet all the targets with less employees at work, not enough hours or pay given to the employees. In this situation the stress automatically comes on to the managers. Despite of all the shortages even if we manage to deliver everything on time there is no sign of appreciation from the upper management which is demotivating.The only thing that kept me going at work was my amazing team, met some awesome people at work. Being a manager wanted to help my staff in best ways possible but when there is no support from the upper management then there is not much that even managers could do.If you are a hard working person, loves to achieve goals and get recognized by the company then my friend this is not the place where you would want to be. I have worked with other retail companies too but have never experienced anything this worst. Long story short "JUST DONT BE A PART" of this company.

Pros

40% discount on shoes, guaranteed 40hrs/week for manager and assistant manager

Cons

Uncountable list, horrible workplace so just avoid it.

Easy and simple work to just go in and out and get paid.

A typical day of work involves you doing the same thing you do every other day. You change tasks from time to time, however, there are little to no job advancement opportunities. Management has gotten better and availability is very flexible.The culture and workplace environment however is very slow and depressing. Not a day where you can go in to work without hearing a complaint.

Pros

40% discounts on softmoc items

Cons

Unhealthy work culture

Toxic, horrible place to work

Just don’t apply here! The management is absolutely terrible. Gossip, favouritism, and bullying happen on the daily. Upper management doesn’t take care of the associates, the manager gets away with treating her employees like garbage. No training, leadership, or positivity whatsoever at this location. Honestly, for the sake of your sanity, just don’t apply to work there!

Pros

Discounts

Cons

The store manager, bullying, harassment, nothing gets dealt with.

Worst idea ever

When I started at this job I thought that it was an awesome job and I was gonna be there for a long time. I thought that management and the team were amazing when I started… BOY WAS I WRONG only one person on the management team was nice and she was the assistant manager the manager was more focused on taking personal calls as well as not being on the floor. They would say that the part-time people came first whereas that was not seen. I had gone to management about customers who were bad talking other staff with the staff member who was being talked about and when management went to the floor they talked to the person and took the customers side when they were saying such rude and degrading things about the staff member. Management will leave and just go shopping mid-shift leaving the team alone to deal with any issues that may arise. Rules will be sent to the team group chat and not enforced but then management will badly talk the team member who’s been not following the rules, but they will never talk to the team member who is causing issues. Top Management will constantly talk badly about the team and is highly rude to team members of colour. When top management is told that you scared of them they are happy about this and that’s just completely confusing since your team should wanna talk to you about any issues that may be going on.

Pros

Cons

No brakes, bad starting wage for the location, like no training, bad top management, no clear rules, unfair dress code for men versus women

Terrible place

Apart from great coworkers and experience I wouldn’t recommend working here. Upper management is TOXIC. They place no value on their employees, it’s only a matter of how much you can do for them without anything in return. Get far away from this place while you still can.

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

Toxic management

A Thankless Job

A very easy, yet physical job. Lots of up and down very tall ladders and health and safety was never a priority. Many good coworkers however upper management was annoying to deal with. Lots of gossiping and immature behaviour. It doesn’t matter if you work here for one year or 15, head office will toss you aside without much thought. Do not go above and beyond your responsibilities because this is a very thankless environment and the DM and RM were both... unpleasant.

Pros

Easy job, good selection of shoes, decent commission structure

Cons

Only 20% discount, bad management

Terrible Workplace

The workplace is terrible. Management is terrible and follows the rules and policies which favor them. There is a huge disconnect between the retail workers and the management.

Pros

40% Discount

Cons

Just Terrible

Loved this job

Loved working here friendly people good management were very accommodating to the employees days off not an issue schedule was consistent with the odd Saturday shift. The thing I loved most about working here was all the people an the independence you get to just get the job done

Okay place to work

I would have enjoyed working here and would have stayed working here a lot longer if it wasn’t for the way the manager in Peterborough treated me and other staff Upper management heard what I had to say but don’t nothing about it

Pros

There’s always something to do

Cons

The manager in ptbo is awful!

Toxic workplace

Toxic workplace.To much drama lies..Not a very comfortable environment .not much working as a team..Nothing gets done when there is complaints made and several complaints have been made about management but for some reason they don’t mind losing staff and a few at a time then fixing the problem I would recommend not working there

Pros

None really

Cons

Too many to list

Just don't!

Pay in BC is way lower than minimum wage. Management picks and chooses what policies to follow and when (to suit their agenda) Bathrooms are very dirty.

Pros

If you're a favorite you'll get lots of hours

Boring and painful

On your feet for 8 hours. Only 5 minutes breaks. The management and supervisor have terrible people skills. It gets very hot in the summer and cold in winter.

Favouritism

Pretty easy job and friendly coworkers.Great job if you want to work two days a week but when it’s slow season they will cut your hours without notification. There’s also lots of favouritism in the workplace

Pros

40% off shoes

Cons

Cutting hours without notification, low pay, lots of favouritism

Amazing to work here

The store manager knows my mom and had taken the time to help me and with my social skills and help with my communication with customers. She gave me a chance at a job when no one else would, most employees are friendly and will help you reach your goal. You have a possibility of making new friends there. The one thing I didn’t like was the fact that when your on the floor alone the rest of the employees would go to the back and group up and talk about things they have done during the day or things that weren’t work related. But I would recommend working here.

Pros

Cons

Low hours

lousy leadership and unsafe environment

This company dose not provide good leadership and a safe environment for u to work or grow as a person. All the isles are cluttered and unorganized and u spend your day looking for merchandise that aren't there and climbing over skids of boxes. I wouldn't recommend working here unless its temporary.

Pros

You get to meet a few good people and decent shifts

Cons

bad leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftMoc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9