Softchoice

Softchoice Employee Reviews

Canada123 reviews
Very fast paste work environment. Many opportunities to grow. I would not recommend this company for individuals with busy family life. Softchoice has a great culture and provides lots of support but demands a lot of time spent on training and development.
Really on of the Best Place to work. This company provides great opportunities for talented people. They have been using the latest Microsoft Technologies for their Inhouse Product.
Very friendly and nice people. We used the latest and greatest in terms on technology, to build their new version of e-commerce portal. Great experience.
Sales is the driver. If you want to succed you must find a way to demonstrate that you are either making money or influencing making money, otherwise you are at risk.
Although the workforce may be from different ethnic backgrounds, it's a culture based on "cliques". The company doesn't really care about anybody except their financial results. Although they preach inclusion and how much they care about their people, that is not the case.

They have a way of shunning those who are different, and someone who has broader interests in life feels stifled there.

Also, the US part of the company is immensely cold and have zero people care.
Great place to work - low pay and really bad management styles. The people you meet are amazing and everyone loves to have some fun but the structure of the company as a whole is a little sketchy
I love working and growing at Softchoice. The culture is progressive, inclusive and supportive. I was forced to leave due to personal circumstances, but I would recommend this company to anyone who cares about performing at their best, excelling to greater opportunities and enjoying fun company culture!
It is a very good environment to work in. You can bring your dog to work. There is high expectation but the rewards are not bad. For example in my department, if the team meets its monthly target everyone gets a day off.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance.
Cons
Salary
Base salary too low for cost of living in Toronto. Management is hit or miss depending on what team you're deployed to. Culture is cool but seems a bit forced although the people who work here are definitely the highlight of the experience.
Je conseille vivement cette entreprise, que vous désiriez travailler chez eux ou les avoir comme fournisseur, ils sont particulièrement sérieux et rigoureux.
Nice Place to work. very encouraging Management. Good work life balance. Proper Support and guidance Provided. Lots of fun loving events and overall nice Place to work except for commute if you are at east
Productive and fun place to place table tennis, great place to work. Good work life balance. Salary not so good for older employees. Close to QEW highway for easy commute, WFH two days a week.
The amount of changes in Management is ridiculous. Mix of vision for where the company is going, it looks like Management is trying to move up at any cost. I asked for training and the result was a Linux Academy account which was to be shared due to licensing / user account constraints. The promotion I was offered during my time here was to do something I had already been doing. Bonuses and raises were cut during my time at this company due to bad financial decisions and goals that were set. Blood, sweat and tears into everything I do and was never recognized financially or given the freedom to work from home without any extra responsibilities. They have no faith in their employees and babysit them. We were expected to pick up all phone calls coming into the NOC and open tickets if needed, regardless of whether it was for a technology you supported. The people are what makes this place worth staying at.
Good working environment,
Good perks

Free lunch, learn new technologies, and working with sales people as well as vendors forecast sales ovary month or every quarter
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Underpaid
Good place to start but no real career progression. Work life balance is great. Turnover rate is high. Learning is curve is little steep at first however once you get used to it is repeatative work.
Relative stable workplace, organization skills can be improved, not an environment to foster team spirit, culture or feeling. Expectations are unrealistic,.
Terrible management. Poor culture. Chained to a desk, mandated to make 100 cold calls a day. Extremely high rate of turnover. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Like a roller coaster the growth of the company has seen some tremendous change.

I look forward to the continued success in the future!

If change is your thing, strap in.
Pros: Friendly work environment, work from home 1-2 days/week, dog friendly office, gym in the office

Cons: Low compensation, monotonous work, poor management
They trick you into thinking they're great, but beware!

After you are settled and comfortable, they will rip the carpet out from under you and can you for made up reasons.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No job security
Management is very slow with old mentality, loosing clients and talented employees but nothing is being really done, too many mistakes in managing people with very low or non present actions.