Sofina Foods
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Sofina Foods Pay & benefits reviews

Canada123 reviews
The hardest part about this job would be the repetitiveness of the work that is given to you. You will most likely have to do the same works for an extended amount of time and it can be very boring. The workers in the factory are very nice to newcomers and will help you if you need any.
sofina is a terrible and horrible place to work hours are random and the pay is not enough to live off of there is no room for advancement they will actually hold you down if they want too bare minimum Hollidays and little to no day off if you have too choose between a prostate exam of sofina foods I would choose the prostate exam because it is more enjoyable
fast pace fun workplace good pay and benefits.

I wish I could work there again in there back office.

I recommend this workplace to my friends and family
Good salary. Friendly staff, clean environment , I can recommend my friends working here. Such a good company to work. And not to many company offers you a good pay as they do
The fortuity of working in SOFINA is something worth to be remembered. The benefits it offers are truly rewarding and satisfying.. Would highly recommend it to my friends.
i like working there because of good working environment and pay. overtime opportunities and permanent hire employees got all benefits. people can get future
Some days may be so tiring and some uneasy coworker but just stick to your work and its all good. Most people are nice. Good coverage and good pay. New manager is great and seem to care for employees
Over work load and under pay. No support from management. Long working hours. No fun at all. Stressful work environment. Cold temperatures. Not good Working place at all.
Co worker will put you down. Salary are not enough for all the hard work. Working environment is not good. You will like your sleave specially how the worker treated you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sofina Foods?
A typical 40 hours a week job. A fast-paced labor job that is unionized. A pretty huge company that has a lot of employees for different food products.
Good place to work, good people to work with. As long as you came to work everyday and did your best job possible. Union environment with a basic overall good natured people,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Getting vacation when you want if you are a junior employee
good pay, good beneifts , nice environment, good staff
unionized

clean

fast paced

always ot

no micromanaging

weekends off
heavy liflting

cold environment
Pros
good pay
Cons
Management is a joke. supervisors run the joint. You work like a dog. Its cold and wet. They mandate overtime and you cant leave even if you have to. Pay is decent benefits are fair.
Pros
Pay three day weekend if no overtime
Cons
Working conditions are tarable
Management is terrible
Lots of benefits to sucking up
Lots of non-educated supervisor

Good Co-workers

The most enjoyable part of the job is punching out
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Always changing. Great place to work. Lots of events went on there to raise money. The work can be stressful at times but all jobs are. I would suggest anyone to work here
The starting pay was really good, but even after working there passed probation, you were still not offered benefits because you remain part-time until you get a full time position, which is already hard because everyone wants full time, there are people there that I worked with that had said that they worked there for 3 years without getting full time. Other than that, the people are great to work with, and the jobs aren't so bad, especially when they have someone training you, they are always willing to train people for different things if they ask.
Pros
People are friendly
Benefits
start at 5:30am - 1:30pm, set the day up for drivers and Shipping crew. Discuss any issues from previous day. Great people to Work with, Salary and Union employees. hardest part is doing office duties able to go onto Floor to Supervise my Crew. I like the hours I work and having a Good Crew that Helps with my Daily needs to get work done.
Pros
good hours
Cons
work over load
Hanging, cutting and finishing product ready for whom ever purchases product can be dirty and smell but overall a good job for anyone who seeks employment
Pros
Discount on chicken, alot of employees, records to break, good benefits
Cons
Repetitve work, hard on wrists, risk of getting sick, risk of depression
alright, hours and conditions were hectic, but all in all a good experience. I still wonder how QA and the workers were able to process all those samples.
I have been working here for almost one year. People are great and the pay is good too. There is growth opportunity to everyone that works hard and is willing to grow.
The company offers a perfect attendance bonus, good benefits and a decent pay. People will complain anywhere, but it is definitely a good company to work for!!
Pros
People, growth opportunities, pay
been working there for 2 years. im looking for another job. its a horrible place to work the supervisors are bullies and HR aswell as the union Local 175 are useless. they do nothing to help which causes people to quit. alot of workers do not like the union and do want them voted out.

they rip you off weekly....if you dont check your paystub then you are asking for it.
they will try to not pay out meal bonuses ( you get 7$ extra if u stay past 4pm) they love not paying that out! ive fought with them many times to the point where ive given up and try to not even stay till 4pm.

if you try to take your full 15 min break or 30min lunch they will say you are late....i still take my full break tho because i go by Ontario Law and i am protected by it if they try anything. union local 175 couldnt care and only worry about people paying union dues.

Local 175 likes taking union dues off everypay you get including vacation pay which i find very greedy. why pay union dues for a week i wasnt there....?

they dont care for your safety at all so please becareful and watch yourself. they will overload you with work thats meant for 2 people.
Pros
6am-330pm. weekly pay
Cons
useless union local 175, underpaid, no paid sick days, supervisors